GUILTY ID - Robert Manwill, 8, Boise, 24 July 2009 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:praying: Lifting you up with love....Run and play with the angels....You are free now to be a happy little boy.

Our sweet little Robert, I'm just peeking in to see if there is anything new about the monsters.They cant hurt you anymore little one,be happy with the Angels. You are loved still.:blowkiss:

I think of Robert...who would have been back at home at dad's starting a new school year. I wonder how the teachers and students cope with this......bless you Robert. You won't be hurt again. And neither will another child be touched by the "care"givers.

:blowkiss:Our Dear Robert,cant get you out of my mind little one.I pray for Justice soon. Now go play little one you are safe. xoxoxo

Since your passing Robert, I have wanted to give you the BIGGEST hug you could imagine. You loved hugs so much and that has stuck in my mind- I remember to give my kiddos an extra one everyday in your honor.

We ALL love you lil guy. :blowkiss:

I cannot imagine the emotional torture, grief and guilt that Charles Manwill is going through right now. This man has lost 2 children to murder at the hands of their biological mothers.
Charles Manwill must now step up and take up the cause of changing the way child service agencies and the courts handle mentally ill or abusive parents and custody/visitation. The way that Polly Klaas's father or Adam Walsh's father have become national spokesmen for Missing and Abused Children. Charles Manwill must do this for Robert and his other son. The only good thing to come out of this is, Melissa and boyfriend have so enraged the community and the country, that people are wanting answers and accountability for officials that allowed this obvious oversight of allowing Robert with these murderers. And there are hundreds more like him in the same situation right now.

Hopefully after he grieves Robert and gets thru this,( if you ever do), he can become an advocate like John Walsh, Marc Klaas, Dominic Dunne (RIP), Mr. Lundsford, etc. There are so many great fathers who have taken a stance and fought against these monsters who took their children.

You DADS are my heros!!!:blowkiss:

http://www.idahostatesman.com/106/story/880925.html

The allegations against 8-year-old Robert Manwill's mother and her boyfriend are horrifying and sickening. An Ada County grand jury indictment accuses the boy's mother, Melissa Jenkins, 30, of aiding and abetting her boyfriend, Daniel Ehrlick, in Robert's death and hiding the boy's injuries from government officials who could have intervened.

Many Idahoans question the treatment of an earlier charge against Jenkins, on probation for fracturing the skull of Robert's infant half-brother. The child was removed from her custody by the state in late 2008 and she was sentenced to 29 days of work release, fined $75.50 and put on probation for two years.

Melissa Jenkins could have left Robert with his father and NEVER visited him. That would have been so easy. Why couldn't she have just walked away??? Yes, abandonment causes pain, but nothing compared to this. :furious:

On Kenneth Manwill's MySpace he has some cute comments that are good but do worry me a bit. They say:

"blink blink* wait what just happened"?

"Shadow Stalker is happy kinda"

"Shadow Stalker is happy that he may have found someone to share his love"

He may have found a girlfriend :) But if there is a break-up so soon after all this sadness with his little brother it might compound his depression..

Bless little Robert and his dad and his family. Anything new on the ones charged for removing this precious boy from life here on earth???

The "defendants" are scheduled for a court appearance this Tuesday (Sept. 1). So far I have not been able to locate any info on time, TV, etc.

The court appearance has been postponed - Thursday, Sept. 3, 1:00 pm MDT

Justice for Robert. May the 2 charged be haunted forever.

The crushing difficulty of child abuse cases is that children love the parents who abuse them and live not only in physical danger but emotional danger as well. I think of poor Robert, fearful because his dog had gotten loose and he knew his mother would be angry. Every small, insignificant mistake a child makes or any annoying incident that the child can be blamed for can provide the occasion for the parent to berate and batter the child. And so the child walks on eggshells, trying to please the parent or stepparent, trying to be perfect, and of course failing because children are by definition going to learn by trial and error. A psychologist once told me that it is natural for children to love even abusive parents, that they hope the parent will change and often believe that things will improve if the child can just be perfect. And while they want the abuse to stop and the abuser to love them, the worst possible thing would be for someone to find out what was happening to them at home.

I think this case hits me so hard because I know so exactly from my own childhood the fear and loneliness and longing Robert must have felt, even though I never had to endure the extremes of physical abuse that he suffered. And he looks so much like a little boy of the same age who lived next door to use for a while in the hellish house created by battling divorced parents who cared far more about their own social lives than the lonely little boy who spent hours at our house. He moved, and I still think about him and miss him and wonder how he is. His name was Robert, too.

We can't wait for government agencies to protect these kids. We have to pay attention to the long sleeves and long pants they wear to cover their bruises. We have to understand that they may never tell the worst things, even if we earn their trust. We have to watch and listen and observe and have the courage to report suspected abuse and to find allies in the community who can help. One thing adults who have survived physical and emotional abuse or neglect can do is to tell children their own stories, not to try to pry confidences out of a child, but to build the idea in the child that their hell is not unique, they are not alone, and that someone who has experienced abuse will understand them and their situation if they find the courage to talk. As a teacher, I am always surprised that the abused and neglected kids find their way to my office; it's like I have a sign on my forehead. "Regular" kids have no idea.

~~~

Thank you for this post, Pittsburghgirl. Your words resonate with a certain "knowing compassion" - in a way, it really IS like having a sign on your forehead.

~~~

A favorite quote:

"The absence or presence of a helping witness in childhood
determines whether a mistreated child will become a despot
who turns his repressed feelings of helplessness against others
or an artist who can tell about his suffering."

(Alice Miller, The Untouched Key, 1990, p.60)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shawnlo5869