GUILTY ID - Robert Manwill, 8, Boise, 24 July 2009 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG finally! Thank You for sharing this news tonight. As I have mentioned I am the manager Asst. Director for a mortuary. It has been an overwhelming week already, today one of our own collapsed and we thought we would lose him. He is recovering thankfully. So tired , and several hours late getting home, I almost didn't check the thread tonight. Robert can you hear this? Play little one this is your time to be a child in a peaceful place now! I am crying. Thank You, Thank You Boise Police and FBI!

Mother's boyfriend jailed in death of Idaho boy
13 minutes ago
<snipped>
An Idaho newspaper is reporting that police have made an arrest in connection with the disappearance and death of 8-year-old Robert Manwill.

The Idaho Statesman says Daniel Ehrlick Jr. was taken into custody. He is the boyfriend of Manwill's mother.

Manwill was missing for more than a week before his body was found floating in a Boise canal on Aug. 3. Police say evidence shows the death was not accidental.

Ehrlick's father, Daniel Ehrlick Sr., has told the newspaper that he didn't know what the charge was or if anyone else had been arrested. Police have not commented but a news conference was planned for 7 p.m.

Article:
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hUXzIn-qwIqEY9RjeTeHqMRo83PgD9A5KISO0
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
An Arrest is Reportedly Made in the Death of Robert Manwill
<snipped>
The Idaho Statesman reports an arrest in the death of Robert Manwill.

Daniel Ehrlick SR. who is the father of Daniel Ehrlick, JR...the boyfriend of Robert Manwills mom, says his son has been arrested.

Ehrlick Sr. said he doesn't know what the charge is or if anyone else has been arrested. Boise poice have planned a news conference for 7 tonight to announce a "major development" in the case.

Article:
http://www.670kboi.com/Article.asp?id=1461963&spid=
Manwill development announced tonight
Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 6:19 PM
<snipped>
If you've been following developments in the Robert Manwill case, the 8-year-old child who went missing almost a month ago, who was found dead in the New York Canal on Aug. 3, stay tuned tonight.

Boise Police Department is holding a news briefing at 7 p.m tonight, when Deputy Chief Jim Kerns is expected to announce "a major development in the Robert Manwill Homicide Investigation."

So right about 7:05 p.m., start watching Twitter feeds from @KTVB, @Boise_News and @IdahoPressTrib.

http://twitter.com/ktvb

http://twitter.com/Boise_News

http://twitter.com/IdahoPressTrib

Article:
http://www.boiseweekly.com/CityDesk/archives/2009/08/18/manwill-development-announced-tonight
Mother's boyfriend arrested in case of missing boy
August 18, 2009 8:14 PM ET
<snipped>
Boise police have arrested Daniel Ehrlick Jr. in connection with the disappearance and death of 8-year-old Robert Manwill, The Idaho Statesman has reported.

Manwill was missing for more than a week before his body was found floating in a Boise canal on Aug. 3. Police said evidence showed the death was not accidental.

Ehrlick is the boyfriend of Manwill's mother, Melissa Jenkins.

Ehrlick's father, Daniel Ehrlick Sr., told the Statesman that he didn't know what the charge was or if anyone else had been arrested. Boise Police Chief Mike Masterson did not immediately release any information, but a news conference was planned for 7 p.m.

Information from: Idaho Statesman, http://www.idahostatesman.com

Article:
http://www.kivitv.com/Global/story.asp?S=10952591
Father says son arrested in connection with Robert Manwill disappearance, death
Published: 08/18/09
<snipped>
Daniel Ehrlick Jr. has been arrested in connection with the disappearance and death of 8-year-old Robert Manwill, according to his father Daniel Ehrlick Sr.

Ehrlick Sr. said he doesn't know what the charge is or if anyone else has been arrested. Boise Police Chief Mike Masterson said he didn't have any information when contacted just before 6 p.m. Boise poice have planned a news conference for 7 tonight to announce a "major development" in the case.

Manwill's mother, Melissa Jenkins, has been staying with her sister and brother-in-law, Trish and Kyle Burrill, on and off over the past couple weeks. Kyle Burrill said Tuesday he has been at work and doesn't know where Melissa is.

Robert Manwill lived primarily with his father, Charles Manwill, and stepmother, Afton, in New Plymouth.

He was visiting the Vista Avenue-area apartment of his mother, Jenkins, and her boyfriend, Daniel Ehrlick Jr., when he went missing on July 24. Police, Idaho National Guard members and thousands of residents searched for the boy.

As days passed and Robert wasn't found, the Statesman reported that Jenkins and Ehrlick had lost custody of Robert's infant half-brother after Jenkins was convicted of fracturing the baby's skull. Neighbors said they saw Ehrlick home the night Robert disappeared.

Ehrlick has been convicted of burglary, battery and possession of drug paraphernalia, and he is banned by the courts from being alone with Robert's half-sister.

Police seized vehicles and evidence from the apartment home, saying it appeared Robert was the victim of a "tragic event." Police also extensively searched the yard of a South Boise home rented by a friend of Ehrlick's family.

Robert's body was found Aug. 3 in the New York Canal near Kuna.

The Ada County coroner's office said Robert's death was a homicide, and Boise police officials said the boy had not been abducted by a stranger.

Article:
http://www.idahostatesman.com/eyepiece/story/869713.html

:angel:

OMG finally! Thank You for sharing this news tonight. As I have mentioned I am the manager Asst. Director for a mortuary. It has been an overwhelming week already, today one of our own collapsed and we thought we would lose him. He is recovering thankfully. So tired , and several hours late getting home, I almost didn't check the thread tonight. Robert can you hear this? Play little one this is your time to be a child in a peaceful place now! I am crying. Thank You, Thank You Boise Police and FBI!

I feel like I'm sitting here with my fellow Moms and Grandmas..embracing...waiting for justice for our little Robert. We are all probably crying, rejoicing, and finally able to put him to rest now that this monster has been arrested. NOW, as moms and grannies we have to continue praying together that JUSTICE takes it's course and DE is never able to do this to another child EVER again!!

I feel like I'm sitting here with my fellow Moms and Grandmas..embracing...waiting for justice for our little Robert. We are all probably crying, rejoicing, and finally able to put him to rest now that this monster has been arrested. NOW, as moms and grannies we have to continue praying together that JUSTICE takes it's course and DE is never able to do this to another child EVER again!!

I'm not crying yet Dolly...I don't think that's going to happen until I see Kearns face and hear it come out of his own mouth. For me, then it's written in stone KWIM?

I have it tuned in and awaiting (fingers drumming on the desk waiting).:woohoo:

From the very beginning LE has been extraordinary in their hunt for Robert's murderer. Now they have enough evidence to make a confident arrest of the beast of a boyfriend, Daniel. I'm so impressed with the quality of LE in Idaho and with all the thousands of people who pitched in to help. It must be a wonderful place to live.

Thanks to the locals who went out of their way to keep WS informed. finally this animal will be off the streets!!!!

Amen! My thoughts exactly! Robert has captivated so many. My brown hair, brown eyed lil boy has been getting lots of extra hugs lately that in my heart are also sent up to Robert. Though I know he does not lack for any anymore.

Robert, they won't hurt anyone again. Thank you for guiding the way and for blessing the world with your presence. We wish we had been able to hug you and we wish your time here had been better. Today we hope you are playing, skipping and laughing. I hear the swings are faster and higher in heaven. Lil man...fly high, fly fast and fly long :)

Confirmed: He has been arrested. 1st Degree Murder. Also failing to report a death to LE. His mother was arrested too. 1st Degree Murder.

Ok, I have the wrong news site then .. can someone post me the link?

They want info on Melissa and Daniel in the week leading up to Robert's death. Arraignment tomorrow morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth