Found Deceased ID - Rory Pope, 2, Eagle, Ada County, 2 Sept 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
did he go missing close to the water in the photos??
Don't know how close to the water, but the water scares me. In some ponds, all it would take would be for him to take 2,3, or 4 steps and he could be in over his head in the blink of an eye.
Sending up prayers for him, his family and every one involved in the search.
So cute and so like my blond, curly haired son (years ago!) I just want to pick him up, give him a hug and hear him giggle.

Ada County Sheriff's Office

2 hrs. Ago
UPDATE: Our dive teams are suspending the search for Rory Pope due to darkness and will resume asap Thursday morning. We'll have Eagle PD and ACSO deputies in the area tonight, and will update you here if needed.

Eagle Police, Eagle Fire, and others continue to actively search for 2-year-old Rory Pope, who was last seen just after 12:15 p.m. today by a home near W. Nordic Drive in Eagle.

Crews have been doing extensive searching all day, including dive teams on several ponds in the neighborhood; police using drones to fly overhead; officers, K9 dogs, and others doing comprehensive ground search by foot; and investigators getting Ring camera footage from neighbors.

There is no evidence of any kind of foul play associated with Rory's disappearance, so the search for Rory does not meet the criteria or the idea for an Amber Alert.

Detectives have entered Rory's information into the national NCIC database as part of the standard process of looking for him.

At this point, crews are fully staffed and continue to search, and adding extra people is not necessary. If we need volunteers, we will let you all know. We totally understand that people want to help - we expect no less from Eagle residents.

There has been some posts on other social media asking for volunteers but at this point, we can't incorporate more people into the search.

If we need folks to help, we will let you know here on ACSO Facebook. We realize this is difficult and deeply appreciate your patience. We will let you all know ASAP if anything changes.

Rory has blond curly hair and was wearing a green shirt earlier today. We are asking anyone with info to call 911.

did he go missing close to the water in the photos??
I haven't read/heard any report that specifically says he was close to the water. Instead the reports all say he was last seen "in the area of west Nordic Drive in Eagle". Although in the video there appears to be plenty of water he could have been near. The link below has a 1 min. video which shows the neighborhood is basically surrounded by waterways. Given the fact that they're searching the water so intently, I'd guess they must think he went in/near the water.
@CarmelEyesD TY for starting Rory's thread.
A 2-year-old boy went missing Wednesday near Floating Feather and Linder roads in Eagle, the Ada County Sheriff’s Office said.

The toddler, Rory Pope, was last seen about 12:15 p.m. in the area of west Nordic Drive in Eagle, according to the sheriff’s office. He has blond, curly hair and was wearing a lime-green T-shirt.

https://www.idahostatesman.com/news...zswgIJYBBKCKEgXel4kuKGF5xKiZA6JYlCwBzueVQoO6A

search called off?? are they mad?

how about dog search?
infra red helicoptor....usa have that i assume?

I felt the same way. Surely there was something they could do to continue the search. Would have liked to have read they kept searching with dogs and an infra red. By calling it off, it makes me wonder if they really believe that he is in the water

What are the circumstances of his disappearance?
Snipped
Around 6 p.m. the sheriff’s office Tweeted that Rory was still missing and police and fire continue to search with neighbors. Dive teams are searching nearby ponds and police have drones up in the air.

Police are also collecting Ring door camera footage from neighbors to try and track where Rory was seen.

The sheriff’s office reported that there are no signs of foul play and the situation does not meet the criteria for an Amber Alert.

https://twitter.com/AdaCoSheriff/status/1301291985429360642/photo/1
Eg8eKe9U8AUBvIX

Here’s a picture of Rory Pope, the missing 2-year-old boy was last seen in the area of W. Nordic Dr. in Eagle. This photo is from earlier today, so these are the clothes he is wearing. Eagle Police, Fire, and neighbors are all looking for him. Anyone with info should call 911.

IMO it's really an odd one - not much reporting about who was watching him or anything so far. And they didn't search overnight which is unusual as I've seen them search with flashlights and dogs all night in other cases - it's strange
JMO

Take it as rumor and gossip, because there is no allowed link, but it is believed that Rory's scent was tracked to the edge of a body of water.

Agencies searched through the night; it's just the dive teams that stopped for the night.

A two year old. Many bodies of water.

Take it as rumor and gossip, because there is no allowed link, but it is believed that Rory's scent was tracked to the edge of a body of water.

Agencies searched through the night; it's just the dive teams that stopped for the night.

A two year old. Many bodies of water.
Oh damn tracked to water not again I really pray that’s not the case

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TawnyTRC