Found Deceased ID - Rory Pope, 2, Eagle, Ada County, 2 Sept 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
NEW photos from the Ada County Sheriff's Office of missing 2-year-old Rory Pope. The very latest: https://bit.ly/3bqyCpk

EhGkuUYXkAEXeQs

EhGkwaNWkAA4K6F

EhGkwaOXYAAV-v5

https://twitter.com/CBS2Boise/status/1302003072357498886

East Idaho News on the story. Please please tell me they checked cars and trunks.

Search teams to go house to house looking for toddler missing for over 2 days | East Idaho News
“One of our biggest goals is to bring Rory home safe,” Eagle Police Chief Matt Clifford said in a news conference Friday morning. “He is described as an energetic young man. He’s curious about the world and has a little bit of history playing hide-and-seek with his parents.”

Rory’s family discovered him missing shortly before noon Wednesday when they turned away for “just moments” while packing to return home from out of state, Clifford said. He did not specify what state Rory is from.
They also want folks to check their surveillance footage from Sept. 2 between 11:30 a.m. and 12:20 p.m. for anything that may point to the boy’s location.

“We kind of have a dual investigation … another investigation that’s been going in case water is not the instance here,” Clifford said.

Yes, they have checked cars and trunks, since the beginning.
I'm sure there has been a dual investigation since the beginning also.

East Idaho News on the story. Please please tell me they checked cars and trunks.

Search teams to go house to house looking for toddler missing for over 2 days | East Idaho News
“One of our biggest goals is to bring Rory home safe,” Eagle Police Chief Matt Clifford said in a news conference Friday morning. “He is described as an energetic young man. He’s curious about the world and has a little bit of history playing hide-and-seek with his parents.”

Rory’s family discovered him missing shortly before noon Wednesday when they turned away for “just moments” while packing to return home from out of state, Clifford said. He did not specify what state Rory is from.
They also want folks to check their surveillance footage from Sept. 2 between 11:30 a.m. and 12:20 p.m. for anything that may point to the boy’s location.

“We kind of have a dual investigation … another investigation that’s been going in case water is not the instance here,” Clifford said.

There was another case several years ago of a missing toddler. I forget the name or the year. Can't seem to find it on WS. I want to say it was in Arizona. He went missing from his home and was eventually found deceased several miles further away than any of the searches that took place at the time. Sometimes these sweet little souls will keep going in one general direction just hoping to find their home again. Please let this little one make it home. My heart aches for his parents at this time!

Last edited:

Hmm this is the first I’ve heard this - patiently waiting

Two years old. The house he went missing from backs up to a pond. There are multiple ponds in proximity, plus a canal.

Ocam's Razor says he is in the water.
I hope Ocam's Razor is wrong.

I can’t believe he still hasn’t been found. :(Two minutes that changes lives forever. The agony of losing a child, coupled with the guilt that I would imagine a parent feels in these types of cases. Just terrible.

Dang it! I was hoping to login to “found safe” :(

Where could this little doll be? It’s heartbreaking to me, so I can only imagine the pain the family must be in.

Is it possible someone abducted him in such a short amount of time? Maybe at first he actually wandered off and the opportunity was there for a perp?? I doubt this, but it could mean he was still alive.

Lots of information at the link - Crews drain Eagle pond where missing 2-year-old was last seen
Searching the houses - could this be a crime of opportunity rather than wandering off?
This is what I’m now thinking. Lizzie from UT & Faye from SC come to mind. If he were in water, with warmer daytime temps, I think he would have surfaced by now. Could also be a Harley situation where he crawled in somewhere tiny & got trapped. Pit in stomach from all angles. I hope they find him soon.

I recall a case I followed here a few years ago, a four year old boy in North Carolina. He disappeared from his home, and search dogs led to a pond 800 feet away. But the pond was searched with divers and sonar, and they did not find him.

There was a dual investigation, as there always is. Cars were stopped, homes searched, the search extended beyond a 2 mile radius.

They began draining the pond about 72 hours after he went missing, and that is when they found him.
There are very similar patterns of searching, use of divers and sonar, in this case. I think LE and the other agencies helping are professionals with a lot of experience and knowledge in this type of situation. I think they know what they're doing.

Long article:
'Gone for a matter of moments': Eagle police chief gives update on search efforts surrounding missing 2-year-old | khou.com
Published: 3:54 PM CDT September 2, 2020
Updated: 4:43 PM CDT September 4, 2020
  • grandparents were packing and preparing
  • Rory took off running and was gone for a matter of moments
  • Rory does have a history of playing hide and seek with family members
  • important for residents in that neighborhood to check their surrounding areas where a 2-year-old could hide
  • Rory's family has been fully cooperative throughout the duration of the search.
  • Rory had been at the pond very recently before going missing
  • no evidence that Rory was abducted, and the case does not meet the criteria for an AMBER Alert

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lbib4k
Back