Found Deceased ID - Rory Pope, 2, Eagle, Ada County, 2 Sept 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
You can follow what is happening at the Ada County Sheriff's Office Facebook page.

The just posted this about 30 min. ago:

Ada County Sheriff's Office
19m·
Thursday update on the search for Rory Pope:

Eagle Police, Eagle Fire, Ada County Sheriff’s deputies, and Boise Police have all resumed the search for missing 2-year-old Rory Pope, who was last seen around noon Wednesday at a relative’s home on N. Arena Way.

Crews have been doing extensive searching since Wednesday, including dive teams on several ponds in the neighborhood; police using drones to fly overhead, both during the day and overnight; officers, K9 dogs, and others doing comprehensive ground search by foot; and investigators getting Ring camera footage from neighbors.

Dive teams have concentrated their search today on the two ponds closest to the home while Eagle, Boise, and ACSO detectives have been re-canvassing the neighborhood.

Gene Ralston, a world-renowned underwater search and recovery expert who lives in Ada County, has volunteered his time and equipment — and is using a remote-controlled sonar unit to search the pond nearest to where the boy was last seen.

The pond is full of brackish water, so visibility is very limited. The pond is about 25 feet-deep in the middle, so the hope is that Ralston’s equipment and expertise will allow for a more comprehensive search.

Members of the Ada County Sheriff’s Office dive team and Eagle Fire are currently searching other ponds and canal areas close by, while detectives on the ground continue to talk to neighbors and search the area on foot.

As we said yesterday, there is no evidence of any kind of foul play associated with Rory's disappearance, so the search for Rory does not meet the criteria or the idea for an Amber Alert.

Detectives have entered Rory's information into the national NCIC database as part of the standard process of looking for him.

We realize this is difficult time for everyone and deeply appreciate your patience.

We will let you all know ASAP if anything changes.

Rory has blond curly hair and was wearing a lime-green shirt when he went missing. We are asking anyone with info to call 911.

That so incredibly sad. They clearly think he's in the water somewhere. Sigh....

Eagle police continue search for missing Rory Pope on the exterior and interior of dozens of homes in the area.

3ciISOSj

https://twitter.com/CBS2Boise/status/1301904738221342727

Eagle police now continue their search Friday morning, with an emphasis on searching the exterior and interior of dozens of homes surrounding the residence on N. Arena Ave. where Rory was last seen Wednesday.

Search for missing 2-year-old boy continues in Eagle

Emphasis on searching nearby homes??? I am assuming the rumored dogs hitting on body of water then is untrue.

I agree this is hopeful as he might still be alive, but I’m pretty surprised by the switch in theory. Fingers crossed!!!

I don't know, could be they are just doing due diligence while ponds are being searched.

Emphasis on searching nearby homes??? I am assuming the rumored dogs hitting on body of water then is untrue.

I agree this is hopeful as he might still be alive, but I’m pretty surprised by the switch in theory. Fingers crossed!!!

Last edited:
Crews are planning to drain one of the ponds near the home where Rory was last seen. They said it will take some time.
https://twitter.com/DeniHawkinsKBOI/status/1301937985340895232

Chief Clifford says their sonar search of the pond was fairly successful, but they want to drain the pond to be sure they didn't miss something.
https://twitter.com/DeniHawkinsKBOI/status/1301938462870761478

Clifford says they are working all angles, but don't know that this is an abduction -- so this case won't qualify for an Amber Alert.
https://twitter.com/DeniHawkinsKBOI/status/1301938569175474177

Sounds like his parent(s) were getting ready to leave grandparent(s) home, and head back to their own home in another State. HOPING/PRAYING that this is a case of a little guy not wanting to leave grammy-granpa and hiding somewhere, falling asleep, and now being scared and not sure how to get back?

Well, that concerns me that the sonar search, which I assume is the Ralstons, was "fairly successful." Which means they didn't find him in the pond that backs up to the grandparent's house.

They are draining the pond "for their own peach of mind."

Emphasis on how "outgoing" Rory is, and how he likes to hide.

They confirmed my belief that they have been doing a "dual investigation" all along. They always do.

Canals have been checked even by neighboring Canyon County and neighboring town Star.

I'm less sure that Rory is in the water, but still think it's most likely.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rocky.marie
Back