Found Deceased ID - Shawnta Larae Pankey, 25, Idaho County, 15 Apr 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Where was her daughter when she went on this supposed camping trip? Am I to understand they left at 2:30AM? From what she was wearing...sounds to me that he pulled her arze out of bed and said lets go in a meaningful way that she did not dare to question? She didn't bother to change her night clothes or slipped on clothes that were handy as well as her boots. Grabbed her big ol purse and out the door they went. Without the daughter?? Who leaves their child, single mom, in bed to fend for herself. I read somewhere her daughter is young. Thoughts rummaging through my brain.....

Where was her daughter when she went on this supposed camping trip? Am I to understand they left at 2:30AM? From what she was wearing...sounds to me that he pulled her arze out of bed and said lets go in a meaningful way that she did not dare to question? She didn't bother to change her night clothes or slipped on clothes that were handy as well as her boots. Grabbed her big ol purse and out the door they went. Without the daughter?? Who leaves their child, single mom, in bed to fend for herself. I read somewhere her daughter is young. Thoughts rummaging through my brain.....

Hey , here is a link cybervampira posted upthread , it says that her daughter was with Shawnta' s mother while Shawnta and her boyfriend went on their camping trip. So she didn't leave her alone.

Young mom disappears without a trace from Idaho campground

Thank you so much!
I fear the worst for this gal. Too many clues that he did the unthinkable for us sain individuals anyhow.
Hairbrush found has red hair in it and a boot matching the missing gals boots. Too coincidental in my mind! I feel for her family....

It was reported in multiple MSM articles linked previously that her daughter was staying with her grandmother on an overnight visit at grandma's house. Shawnta was to pick her up the afternoon of the day she went missing which is why the timing of the "camping" trip was so improbable.

Family of missing Idaho mom offers $3,500 reward for information on her whereabouts
The family of Shawnta L. Pankey is offering a reward for information leading to her recovery, according to the Idaho County Sheriff’s Office.

The family, who offered $3,500 for information “leading to the recovery of Shawnta, alive or deceased,” asked that all tips and information be given to the sheriff’s office rather than the family itself.

“Additionally, if foul play was involved, an additional reward of $3,500 is offered by the family for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible,” the press release stated.

Whitetail deer hunting season opens in Idaho in 3 days. I'm hoping that a hunter will find her remains and get her home to her family. I don't think she ended up in the river, I think she ended up deep in the woods off the trail where she wouldn't be easily found.

Would the timing of the beginning stages of destruction be affected by being in water?
If the bone was in the water, you're not going to get the reported bleaching of the bone that was noted. It was just an arm bone that was found, and it was found in brush about the high water mark. The bleaching would have happened after it was deposited on the ground after the high water receded so the timeframe is not correct for it to be Shawnta. http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2018/jun/12/remains-of-a-human-arm-found-along-salmon-river/

I am curious what happened with the items that were sent for DNA ( the hair brush and the boots). I have seen Shawnta in boots that look exactly like the boot found by the river, so I fear the worse - However, I have never heard anything on what DNA proved or disproved. Were they Shawnta's? <modsnip - rumor>

Last edited by a moderator:
I am curious what happened with the items that were sent for DNA ( the hair brush and the boots). I have seen Shawnta in boots that look exactly like the boot found by the river, so I fear the worse - However, I have never heard anything on what DNA proved or disproved. Were they Shawnta's? <modsnip - rumor>
The hair on the hairbrush may not have been suitable to extract DNA as in order to do short tandem repeat analysis of nuclear DNA you need the hair root and/or adhering tissue. Telogen hairs (shed hair), often associated with a crime scene, may not contain any nuclear material.

Twenty-five-year-old Shawnta LaRae Pankey was last seen on surveillance cameras with her boyfriend, Edward Mills, outside their Grangeville, Idaho apartment in the early morning hours of April 15, 2018. They were reportedly packing the car with gear for a camping trip. According to the boyfriend’s statements to authorities, he and Shawnta had set up their campsite at Pine Bar campgrounds around 10:00 a.m. that day. He told police they got into an argument along the Salmon River, and Shawnta walked away. Shawnta, who has a young daughter, has not been seen or heard from since. Detectives have searched along the river and road using both volunteers and trained dogs, but none of Shawnta’s belongings have been found. Authorities tell Dateline Shawnta’s boyfriend is a person of interest in her disappearance and that foul play is a possibility in the case. Nobody has been charged in connection with her disappearance.

Five years of Dateline’s Missing in America: 109 still missing

Twenty-five-year-old Shawnta LaRae Pankey was last seen on surveillance cameras with her boyfriend, Edward Mills, outside their Grangeville, Idaho apartment in the early morning hours of April 15, 2018. They were reportedly packing the car with gear for a camping trip. According to the boyfriend’s statements to authorities, he and Shawnta had set up their campsite at Pine Bar campgrounds around 10:00 a.m. that day. He told police they got into an argument along the Salmon River, and Shawnta walked away. Shawnta, who has a young daughter, has not been seen or heard from since. Detectives have searched along the river and road using both volunteers and trained dogs, but none of Shawnta’s belongings have been found. Authorities tell Dateline Shawnta’s boyfriend is a person of interest in her disappearance and that foul play is a possibility in the case. Nobody has been charged in connection with her disappearance.

Five years of Dateline’s Missing in America: 109 still missing

Thank you, I am always glad when Shawnta gets some attention in the media. Still hoping she will be found and brought home to her loved ones.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back