IDENTIFIED-Tawni Lee Mazzone

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of AF and LDJ, I wonder if THEY know that Tawni has been identified and I wonder how that makes THEM feel??? Maybe they're scared the TRUTH will finally come out, whatever it may be. I hope like hell they're shaking in their boots because I have a feeling this isn't the end for this case...

Speaking of AF and LDJ, I wonder if THEY know that Tawni has been identified and I wonder how that makes THEM feel??? Maybe they're scared the TRUTH will finally come out, whatever it may be. I hope like hell they're shaking in their boots because I have a feeling this isn't the end for this case...

I agree, dee. There is more to this story that has yet to be resolved. Now that Tawni has her name back, I hope she can have justice as well.

I've not read through all of these posts yet but this is incredible that WS members helped to identify her. God bless you. What a beautiful girl she was.

Does someone mind tell me what police department would not take a report of a missing child?

Thanks so much and thank you for your hard work in finding her and getting her back home.

I've not read through all of these posts yet but this is incredible that WS members helped to identify her. God bless you. What a beautiful girl she was.

Does someone mind tell me what police department would not take a report of a missing child?

Thanks so much and thank you for your hard work in finding her and getting her back home.

Phoenix PD-they considered her a voluntary runaway I believe.

This is from one of the articles

On February 4, 1999, a Pinal County grand jury indicted Alonzo Fernandez on charges of manslaughter, leaving the scene of an accident, and possession of marijuana.

Fernandez spent almost four months in the Pinal County Jail before he was sentenced to time served after pleading guilty to leaving the scene of an accident, a felony.

Would double jepordy come into play if they went back and tried to charge him now?

Also, it is criminal to me that they wouldnt take a missing persons report. Oh I guesss if you have ever run away in your life then your incapable of being abducted.....etc

It would be interesting to know if Tawni ever KNEW Lyndsey or Alonzo or any of the names we have brought up. Maybe she didnt just runaway based on all my reasearch about how theses pimps work, they like to go to malls etc and lure these young pretty girls into prostitution and the girls dont know what they are getting into until they are there.

Or sometimes they start out as the girls boyfriend and then they slowly turn them out.

I think they need to go back and questions Tawnis friends maybe these people were friends of HER friends

There goes my blood pressure again...Someone who is not old enough to legally consume alcohol, vote, or serve in the military is NOT old enough to "voluntarily" disappear.

All lives have value. From the children of the rich to the homeless, the Honor students to the prostitutes.

I'm very bothered by that. Do you know how much sooner she would have been identified if she had been in the database! There is NOTHING about her on the net. If her family hadn't run across her on here we could have looked FOREVER and not found her. She should have been listed as a missing child...runaway or not. When did our vanishing children become nothing more than "paperwork" for a police department? If she'd run away fifty times, there should have been FIFTY reports.....she was someones child. It wouldn't have taken nine years to figure out who she is if phoenix pd had done their job to begin with, and I'm really annoyed that her mom was probably patted on the head and told "don't worry. She'll come back". Obviously it doesn't always end that way. Sorry guys, but the more I think about it...and lindsey and alonzo....and that piece of garbage KTL...the madder I get. These people make an enterprise out of our childrens innocence and when a parent reports her kid missing they can't even be bothered with taking a report. grrr.

I am POSITIVE there are missing listed on posters by NCMEC as 'RUNAWAY', 'ENDANGERED RUNAWAY'....anyone here work w/us on Amber Harris case?? Remember fighting to have her classification changed from Runaway to Endangered Missing?? We KNEW she had not run away.

I am POSITIVE there are missing listed on posters by NCMEC as 'RUNAWAY', 'ENDANGERED RUNAWAY'....anyone here work w/us on Amber Harris case?? Remember fighting to have her classification changed from Runaway to Endangered Missing?? We KNEW she had not run away.

Yes-a missing person can be classified as a runaway, and yes a report needs to be taken, and oh yes, I agree that she would have been ID'd immediately if the report had been taken....How often do we see this, Christine???

In times like this, just like with your health-YOU HAVE TO BE YOUR OWN ADVOCATE. There are no other options-you cannot take no for an answer until legislation like Campaign For The Missing is nation wide and LE is TRAINED with better practices.

Absolutely no doubt in my mind. Even at that, a CHILD under the age of 18 is still a child. I would venture to say a huge percentage of runaways are running for a reason. At the very least, LE should be obligated to look into each and every case of a juvenile missing person. How many of these kids are falling through the cracks? :furious::furious::furious:

Yes-a missing person can be classified as a runaway, and yes a report needs to be taken, and oh yes, I agree that she would have been ID'd immediately if the report had been taken....How often do we see this, Christine???

In times like this, just like with your health-YOU HAVE TO BE YOUR OWN ADVOCATE. There are no other options-you cannot take no for an answer until legislation like Campaign For The Missing is nation wide and LE is TRAINED with better practices.

You are so right, believe. And part of that training should include walking the families through the process of placing their loved ones on the missing persons sites. If Tawni's family had been able to file a missing person report and had been educated on how to follow it through, our little angel would have been identified long, long ago. I really never dreamed this all happened so close to her own home. It's been a string of unlikely circumstances that resulted in this case dragging on for so long. All of which could have been avoided from the very beginning - including Tawni's death! It's infuriating.

This is from one of the articles

On February 4, 1999, a Pinal County grand jury indicted Alonzo Fernandez on charges of manslaughter, leaving the scene of an accident, and possession of marijuana.

Fernandez spent almost four months in the Pinal County Jail before he was sentenced to time served after pleading guilty to leaving the scene of an accident, a felony.

Would double jepordy come into play if they went back and tried to charge him now?

Also, it is criminal to me that they wouldnt take a missing persons report. Oh I guesss if you have ever run away in your life then your incapable of being abducted.....etc

It would be interesting to know if Tawni ever KNEW Lyndsey or Alonzo or any of the names we have brought up. Maybe she didnt just runaway based on all my reasearch about how theses pimps work, they like to go to malls etc and lure these young pretty girls into prostitution and the girls dont know what they are getting into until they are there.

Or sometimes they start out as the girls boyfriend and then they slowly turn them out.

I think they need to go back and questions Tawnis friends maybe these people were friends of HER friends

I remember talking to Tawni's step sister in chat last night and she was very wary about talking about possible connections. She said she wanted to talk to Mike (Tawni's father) first... That struck me as odd, as if Tawni (and the family) possibly knew or knew of AF and/or LDJ...

I could be very wrong, but as far as double jeopardy goes, AF cannot be tried for the SAME THING twice. He has not been charged with her murder, therefore I think they can still bring murder charges IF IF IF there is sufficient evidence and the prosecution decides to go that route. Like I said, I could be wrong...

What I dont understand there is another girl from Phoenix AZ she is listed as an endangered runaway, she left 3 months after Tawni she was the same age as Tawni.

It is listed that she was in the company of an adult male. I wonder if this male was her boyfriend and he had plans of making her "worK" for him?

She was also blonde and beautiful.

I wonder why Phoenix felt she should be listed as a missing person and Tawni wasnt////

I believe this girl Elise Baugh was one of the girls that was ruled out as being MJD....
http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...seNum=1066864&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

It might be because there may be several police precincts in Phoenix. The mothers may have gone to different prencints to file a report. Unforntuantely, what one precinct does, the other doesn't. I've seen it often here in Michigan.

What I dont understand there is another girl from Phoenix AZ she is listed as an endangered runaway, she left 3 months after Tawni she was the same age as Tawni.

It is listed that she was in the company of an adult male. I wonder if this male was her boyfriend and he had plans of making her "worK" for him?

She was also blonde and beautiful.

I wonder why Phoenix felt she should be listed as a missing person and Tawni wasnt////

I believe this girl Elise Baugh was one of the girls that was ruled out as being MJD....
http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...seNum=1066864&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

It is my opinion, that ANY Missing person, reguardless of age, race, past history of running away, drug abuse, etc. EVERY SINGLE PERSON who goes missing should have a LEGITIMATE police report filed.
If LE determines that the person is a runaway and an investigation should not ensue, or if the info is not released to the public, well, that's a different story (whether I agree, or not).

But I see absolutely NO REASON, for ANY missing person, EVER, ANYWHERE, to NOT be listed as missing with LE. There are far TOO MANY UID's out there waiting for someone to give them a name. Tawni should have been linked to a missing persons report right away after she was found. Almost no time or money would have been lost in filing an official report when Tawni went missing. But A LOT of time and money would have been saved in identifying her. Filing a report for every missing person, reguardless of details and circumstance would be beneficial to Law Enforcement, government funds, the missing, families of the missing, and our communities as a whole. The only people I could see this not benefiting, is criminals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Egladva