IDI and RDI, what do they agree upon?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The fact that no-one made any attempt to remove the body from the house is the main reason I don't believe RDI.

Ironically, that's one of the reasons so many people believe RDI.

I've just realised that the satisfying thing about not being RDI is that I can, if I wish, believe everything PR and JR said. In fact, aside from honest mistakes anyone can make about things that aren't important until after and accounting for the trauma of the event itself causing memory problems, I'm happy to take it as 'gospel', especially PR's and with qualifications JR's.

One of the big reasons why I switched to RDI was because it was getting more and more difficult to believe them.

If you think LPH was a 'saint' read this http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3952&pp=12 which is apparently Chapter one of her 'unpublished book'. Quite a change from her 'Patsy was warm and kind. Just a sweet person' (PMPT Page 198-202).

No one's claiming sainthood for anyone. But her change is understandable. There have been quite a few times where I had to learn the hard way that people I thought I could trust were not trustworthy.

An FBI agent arrives at the scene and instantly tells LE to look at the parents because the RN is bogus (without even being a handwriting/linguisitc expert).

That's not what happened. He did not "instantly tell LE to look at the parents." He told them that they would find her body because this was a murder, not a kidnapping. He didn't say "look at the parents, no BS" until later on. And in both cases, he didn't need to be a handwriting/linguistics expert. He had his own experience from dealing with real kidnappings and the murders of children to draw from.

The suggestion that they could have put a dead JB on the plane and said she was sleeping is ridiculous.
A dead body STINKS without refrigeration and/or embalming. Det. Arndt already noticed an odor of decay, and this was about 12 hours after death. Rigor mortis keeps the body rigid, unbendable. She was already stiff as a board when JR carried her up, and she was held upright by the waist like a mannequin-JR was not said to be wearing gloves- where are HIS skin cells? The arms may pull up into unnatural positions (as did JB's). The skin turns blue/black. The abdomen swells as gases build, and sometimes the skin splits. Blood seeps from blisters that form on the extremities. This can happen within the first 24 hours without refrigeration and embalming.

She would NOT look like she was asleep, believe me.

BR was almost 10. Not a toddler. He would know she was not asleep. So would the pilot. This wasn't "Weekend at Bernies".

Yes he did,I will check for the quote when I have time and post it.

No need. I already did. On page 36 of ST's book, he mentions how Walker did tell them that, but it wasn't quite how you make it out. For one thing, he didn't say it to them "instantly" upon reading the ransom note. Rather, he said it at the police station around 3:00 PM AFTER JB's body had been found (like he said it would be) and after he had witnessed the Rs desert JB at the house. And even then, he was telling the police a very unpleasant statistical fact.

So, I'm really not seeing the problem here.

Yes of course, if you're RDI the lawyering up just confirmed your suspicions about their guilt. If you're not - well it makes a ton of sense.

To that, allow me to say this: I'm an American. I strongly believe in the rights our Founding Fathers believed in (whether or not I agree with later interpretations is another story) and as such, I believe wholeheartedly in the right to legal counsel. There are all too may countries that demonstrate what happens without it. BUT, when a person decided to retain a lawyer, they should do it with their eyes wide open. By that I mean that they should abide by the old axiom that even if you are innocent, a lawyer will defend you like you're guilty. Because they know that most of the people they represent ARE guilty. And most people would probably agree that's what happened here.

Moreover, JR himself seems to have gone into this with his eyes wide open, only to scream "blind man" when it suited his purposes. Indeed, in one interview, he claimed that he and PR had cooperated fully with the police, only to turn and claim--practically in the same breath--that the reason they didn't cooperate was because the police were "out to get them." Can't be both. Matter of fact, the notion that a lawyer will defend you like you're guilty is the most innocent explanation I can come up with for what happened to Tom Miller.

While RDI look at other's statements and say 'well PR must have been lying because someone else said something different', I look at it the opposite way, cause I'm confident they didn't do it.

It's not her statements vs. other people's statements that bother all that much. It's her statements (and his) vs. their OWN. I used to be VERY confident they didn't do it. Obviously, those days are over.

Now on that I agree, the R's didn't need help to look guilty.They done that just fine on their own..And in every turn they condict every statement...To find someone else that could had done this would be hard...Cause the R's actions made it difficult to really look beyond them as suspects...Now it took four months to talk to LE....If innocent why so long,and why change everything from what the said on Dec 26...

I don't blame the Rs for getting lawyers. They KNEW they would be suspects. I can find fault with a lot of things they did, but the lawyers were expected. It IS odd that JR would hire a lawyer for his ex-wife in Georgia. I would say that is very suspicious and to me, the only reason he would do this is so that his ex-wife (with whom his son JAR lived) would not have to talk to LE about the whereabouts of her son that day. For as much as they claimed JAR was in Atlanta with his mother that day, I believe neighbor the late Joe Barnhill was correct in saying he saw him outside the R home. He was there, and he may have been in Christmas photos or movies taken that day, which is why the Rs claimed their camera had no batteries and they didn't take any. The lawyer would also prevent his ex-wife from producing any photos that may have been taken at her own home Christmas day, which might show her son was not there.

I believe what the FBI said that morning was "You're going to be finding the body". Which of course, they did.
Now, this was the way it was portrayed in PMPT (the movie) so it may not be completely factual.

The suggestion that they could have put a dead JB on the plane and said she was sleeping is ridiculous.
A dead body STINKS without refrigeration and/or embalming. Det. Arndt already noticed an odor of decay, and this was about 12 hours after death. Rigor mortis keeps the body rigid, unbendable. She was already stiff as a board when JR carried her up, and she was held upright by the waist like a mannequin-JR was not said to be wearing gloves- where are HIS skin cells? The arms may pull up into unnatural positions (as did JB's). The skin turns blue/black. The abdomen swells as gases build, and sometimes the skin splits. Blood seeps from blisters that form on the extremities. This can happen within the first 24 hours without refrigeration and embalming.

She would NOT look like she was asleep, believe me.

BR was almost 10. Not a toddler. He would know she was not asleep. So would the pilot. This wasn't "Weekend at Bernies".

Respectfully Quoted DeeDee :)

DeeDee I can feel your frustration! LOL. :blushing: It was me that brought that up and thank you, I take your point. It's good for me that you are willing to explain why they wouldn't have moved the body but bad for you because I am sure I won't be the last to come along and ask...

I was thinking along those lines because people have moved bodies before, grown adults. Of course they didn't have to move them in front of a pilot, and whoever else they would have to or might encounter on their way out with JB and onto the plane. And, what do you say about JB? She's all wrapped up and stiff because she is sleeping?

I DO see your point, fully. :) And, the "weekend at Bernie's" reference was perfect. You made me snort.

:twocents:

Chiquita, you are always a pleasure to have a dialog with. Thanks for your comment.
On the subject of moving bodies....there are two conditions that develop soon after death which can provide information as to whether a body has been moved. The one that forms first is livor mortis. This is where the blood has stopped circulating, and gravity causes it to pool in the part of the body closest to the floor or ground. In the case of JB, she was lying on her back when found and the pattern of livor mortis confirms that she was placed on her back within approx. 15 minutes of death. For a time, livor is unfixed and will form a new pattern OVER the first one if the body is moved. For example, if JB had died in a chair, livor would form in her legs and hands only, then if she was laid on her back soon right away, a new pattern would form on her back, but the first pattern would remain. After a while, livor becomes "fixed" and at that point if the body is moved, no new pattern will form. However, by that time, rigor mortis is forming and the body's position cannot be altered without difficulty. This is why I disagree when someone mentions the possibility that JB had been hidden in the freezer, and that's why FW didn't see her when he checked the wineceller that morning. But if that was the case, her livor pattern would be different and so would the position of her body, if she'd been moved to the wineceller by JR when he "disappeared" from Det. Arndt's sight.
She had to have been placed on her back in the wineceller within 10 minutes of her death.

To that, allow me to say this: I'm an American. I strongly believe in the rights our Founding Fathers believed in (whether or not I agree with later interpretations is another story) and as such, I believe wholeheartedly in the right to legal counsel. There are all too may countries that demonstrate what happens without it. BUT, when a person decided to retain a lawyer, they should do it with their eyes wide open. By that I mean that they should abide by the old axiom that even if you are innocent, a lawyer will defend you like you're guilty. Because they know that most of the people they represent ARE guilty. And most people would probably agree that's what happened here.

Perhaps it's different in my country, founded on ship loads of 'convicts', but we believe that a person is innocent until proven guilty. Getting a lawyer does not prove guilt. I don't follow your reasoning that lawyers know that 'most of the people they represent ARE guilty'. It's probably true that only rich people can afford good lawyers and many of them do not get convicted. The ones that have lawyers appointed by the court to represent them are more likely to get convicted. I think this is quite aside from whether they are guilty or innocent, it's more a criticism of the legal system.

Moreover, JR himself seems to have gone into this with his eyes wide open, only to scream "blind man" when it suited his purposes. Indeed, in one interview, he claimed that he and PR had cooperated fully with the police, only to turn and claim--practically in the same breath--that the reason they didn't cooperate was because the police were "out to get them." Can't be both. Matter of fact, the notion that a lawyer will defend you like you're guilty is the most innocent explanation I can come up with for what happened to Tom Miller.

"12-27-96 Arndt Interviewed Ramseys. The Ramseys were interviewed by Linda Arndt
12-28-96 Ramseys Provided Forensic Samples. Ramsey family goes to Boulder police station to answer questions and give samples of hair, blood and handwriting
Date? Police interview Burke Ramsey
3-3-97 Patsy Ramsey gives third handwriting sample
4-11-97 Patsy Ramsey agrees to provide 4th handwriting sample
4-19-97 Boulder DA Alex Hunter for the first time publicly reveals Ramseys are suspects
4-30-97 Ramsey First Formal Police Interviews. John and Patsy Ramsey have first formal interviews with police at Boulder County Justice Cente
5-20-97 Patsy Ramsey provides fifth handwriting sample
6-10-98 to 6-12-98 Police question Burke Ramsey for 6 hours.
6-23-98 Police interview Patsy Ramsey.
6-26-98 Burke Ramsey Questioned. An investigator in Boulder DA office questions Burke Ramsey for 6 hour"

Hmm, doesn't seem they were uncooperative to me. No, I wouldn't wonder they thought the police were out to get them.

It's not her statements vs. other people's statements that bother all that much. It's her statements (and his) vs. their OWN. I used to be VERY confident they didn't do it. Obviously, those days are over.

Such as?

Perhaps it's different in my country, founded on ship loads of 'convicts', but we believe that a person is innocent until proven guilty.

Isn't that what I said?

Getting a lawyer does not prove guilt.

I didn't say it did. I said a lawyer will defend you like you're guilty.

It's probably true that only rich people can afford good lawyers and many of them do not get convicted. The ones that have lawyers appointed by the court to represent them are more likely to get convicted. I think this is quite aside from whether they are guilty or innocent, it's more a criticism of the legal system.

If you want a criticism of the legal system, MurriFlower, I can give you plenty of them. This case alone is a perfect storm of legal neuroses, many of which were long in the making.

"12-27-96 Arndt Interviewed Ramseys. The Ramseys were interviewed by Linda Arndt
12-28-96 Ramseys Provided Forensic Samples. Ramsey family goes to Boulder police station to answer questions and give samples of hair, blood and handwriting
Date? Police interview Burke Ramsey
3-3-97 Patsy Ramsey gives third handwriting sample
4-11-97 Patsy Ramsey agrees to provide 4th handwriting sample
4-19-97 Boulder DA Alex Hunter for the first time publicly reveals Ramseys are suspects
4-30-97 Ramsey First Formal Police Interviews. John and Patsy Ramsey have first formal interviews with police at Boulder County Justice Cente
5-20-97 Patsy Ramsey provides fifth handwriting sample
6-10-98 to 6-12-98 Police question Burke Ramsey for 6 hours.
6-23-98 Police interview Patsy Ramsey.
6-26-98 Burke Ramsey Questioned. An investigator in Boulder DA office questions Burke Ramsey for 6 hour"

Hmm, doesn't seem they were uncooperative to me.

The Rs themselves tried to use those examples. Trouble is, it doesn't work. For one thing, providing forensic samples isn't a voluntary proceedure. The giving of "non-testimonial" evidence is mandated. If the person does not give them up willingly, warrants will be drawn up to force them to give. So that's out. And then, there's the matter of the interviews. They refused to be interviewed until April 1997, then were not interviewed again until June 1998. And in each case, they negotiated the terms of their agreements, including being given written copies of their previous statements before they went in.

That sure doesn't sound like cooperation to me.

No, I wouldn't wonder they thought the police were out to get them.

Quite frankly, I'm amazed that anyone believes this "police out to get them" stuff. Indeed, many people, including police officers from other departments, I might add, have remarked on the kid-glove treatment that the Rs were given. Kid-glove treatment that was mandated from the top, by the way. So you'll have to forgive me if I get upset whenever I'm subjected to this "out to get us" pity routine. I didn't buy it with OJ Simpson, and I regret that I ever believed it here.

I take it you're referring to contradictory statements that the Rs made? Be glad to. As an opener, let's go with my personal favorite: PR's attempt to explain her fibers in the garrote knots. Now, a little context is in order here. In 2000, a prosecuting attorney named Bruce Levin informed PR that fibers from her red sweater (the one she wore to the party and that morning) were found tied into the knots of the garrote. At the time she had no answer. In October of 2002, she told a CBS reporter that the fibers probably transferred when she laid down on top of JB's body after it was brought up from the basement. "I had my whole body on her body," were her exact words.

Problem is, JR wrote in their book Death of Innocence that JB's body had already been covered up by a second blanket and a sweatshirt before PR even came into the same room. So PR never even made contact with JB's body, let alone the cord around her neck.

Something like that?

I said a lawyer will defend you like you're guilty.
then you said
Because they know that most of the people they represent ARE guilty. And most people would probably agree that's what happened here.
Perhaps there is some language barrier here, but that sounds to me like you are saying, 'lawyers defend you like you are guilty because most of their clients ARE guilty and most people would probably agree that's what happened here". That certainly sounds to me like you are saying they are probably guilty because they got a lawyer.

And then, there's the matter of the interviews. They refused to be interviewed until April 1997,

12-27-96 Arndt Interviewed Ramseys. The Ramseys were interviewed by Linda Arndt

Taken from Police Press Releases:

"December 27, 1996 Commander Eller added, "The family has been cooperative and our investigation is continuing.

December 28, 1996 The family is cooperating with the investigation which is ongoing.

December 29, 1996 The family continues to cooperate with the police investigation, although police have not yet conducted interviews with the father and mother. They have been in no condition to be interviewed up to this point."

then were not interviewed again until June 1998. And in each case, they negotiated the terms of their agreements, including being given written copies of their previous statements before they went in.

Quite frankly, I'm amazed that anyone believes this "police out to get them" stuff.

I don't. It was stated that within 20 minutes of finding the body, the parents were the prime suspects. This didn't seem to change much.

Indeed, many people, including police officers from other departments, I might add, have remarked on the kid-glove treatment that the Rs were given. Kid-glove treatment that was mandated from the top, by the way.

Many other unspecified people and police officers might have disagreed.

So you'll have to forgive me if I get upset whenever I'm subjected to this "out to get us" pity routine. I didn't buy it with OJ Simpson, and I regret that I ever believed it here.

Don't bring OJ into this.

I take it you're referring to contradictory statements that the Rs made? Be glad to. As an opener, let's go with my personal favorite: PR's attempt to explain her fibers in the garrote knots. Now, a little context is in order here. In 2000, a prosecuting attorney named Bruce Levin informed PR that fibers from her red sweater (the one she wore to the party and that morning) were found tied into the knots of the garrote. At the time she had no answer. In October of 2002, she told a CBS reporter that the fibers probably transferred when she laid down on top of JB's body after it was brought up from the basement. "I had my whole body on her body," were her exact words.

Problem is, JR wrote in their book Death of Innocence that JB's body had already been covered up by a second blanket and a sweatshirt before PR even came into the same room. So PR never even made contact with JB's body, let alone the cord around her neck.

I'm not sure this is true, Wolf v Ramsey 2003 Brown cotton fibers on JonBenet's body, the paintbrush, the duct tape and on the ligature were not sourced and do not match anything in the Ramsey home.
(SMF 181; PSMF 181. )

If there were fibers from the red/black/grey coat in the paint tote and the killer made the garotte from one of the paintbrushes in there, that explains it. The fibers could have gotten there at any time. It was their house remember and the basement is where the washer/dryer was.

This is probably one instance where a witness tried to explain something that didn't exist. It's what I wrote earlier: if you know it, say so; if you don't know it, don't say anything; don't speculate about something that may have never happened. She was probably just sucked into trying to come up with an explanation, because that's what they asked her to do.

Something like that?[/QUOTE]

There is no possibility that as Patsy covered her baby's body with hers that microscopic fibers drifted onto/into this material? That these blankets didn't have those fibers on them, nor did the sweatshirt? What about the carpeting or the floor in the basement?

If my daughter was found in similar condition as JonBenet Ramsey, and the cops suspected and interrogated me, well, let's put it this way. Have you heard about the extreme danger of approaching a mother bear when her cubs are present? How about stumbling upon and surprising a wounded Polar Bear? Have you seen a rabid wolverine?

No need. I already did. On page 36 of ST's book, he mentions how Walker did tell them that, but it wasn't quite how you make it out. For one thing, he didn't say it to them "instantly" upon reading the ransom note. Rather, he said it at the police station around 3:00 PM AFTER JB's body had been found (like he said it would be) and after he had witnessed the Rs desert JB at the house. And even then, he was telling the police a very unpleasant statistical fact.

So, I'm really not seeing the problem here.

"Look at the parents.No bull****,that's where you need to be."
+
I looked into his eyes and knew who the killer is.
+
"We had to determine if that was somehow related to her death" (diapers hanging halfway off the shelf) -this after talking to someone who was still a suspect (LHP)
+all the RDI leaks

I see LOTS of problems here.
This is how it started.

Problem with that, MurriFlower, is that most kids who fall off of their bikes usually don't go into massive shock. Severe shock can greatly lessen the functions of the body. Moreover, according to the autopsy, JB's brain was so swollen that it was pressing against the sides of her skull. That's can't happen in a dead person and it takes a fair amount of time. 10 minutes to an hour, according to most forensic estimates. What's more, someone already did comment on it: Denver neurosurgeon Kerry Brega, who said, "we see skull fractures without massive bleeding all the time, and they didn't get strangled on the way in."

By definition that means bruising should be seen on her scalp, doesn't it? Brain swelling, as described, necessarily means that blood vessels burst like mad inside her skull from what seems to be blunt force trauma. Corresponding hemorrhaging of vessels within and around the skull would reveal evidence of contusions to the exterior surface.

16 Q. What would be forensic evidence

17 that could clear someone in the JonBenet

18 Ramsey investigation?

19 A. Handwriting.

20 Q. Anything else?

21 MR. DIAMOND: You're saying

22 standing by itself?

23 Q. (BY MR. WOOD) Standing by itself,

24 if I were going to say, well, John Doe has

25 been eliminated as a suspect in the JonBenet

1 Ramsey investigation based on forensic

2 evidence, what is the only forensic evidence

3 that you were aware of that could have itself

4 eliminated someone from being involved?

5 A. Besides the handwriting?

6 Q. I want the answer. If it's

7 handwriting, if there was anything else, let

8 me know that.

9 A. Well, I know the big controversy

10 -- thank you very much -- was whether or not

11 DNA was clearing people in this case.

12 Q. And ultimately it was not, was it?

13 A. I don't know. I certainly don't

14 hold myself out as a DNA expert.

15 Q. No, but I mean, you knew the

16 approach the investigation was taking from the

17 time of your involvement through August of

18 '98 and the DNA either quite simply either

19 eliminated everybody or it eliminated nobody

20 if it wasn't a match, true?

21 A. There was a huge controversy about

22 the DNA.

23 Q. So it was not in and of itself

24 viewed as a forensic piece of evidence that

25 eliminated anyone, was it?

1 A. Correct.

2 Q. Other than handwriting, what else

3 was the basis for a forensic evidence that

4 would eliminate someone as a suspect in the

5 Ramsey case?

6 A. May I have just a moment?

7 Q. Sure.

8 (Discussion off the record between

9 the deponent and Mr. Diamond.)

10 A. Mr. Wood, unless I'm missing

11 something entirely obvious, no, the

12 handwriting, the ransom note, et cetera, was

13 the sort of cornerstone piece of evidence in

14 this case and I think that's how most people

15 were being cleared.

:banghead:

LE checked out all the leads,YEAH RIGHT.People were cleared based on handwriting because ST just "KNEW" that PR wrote the note and she killed her child over a bed-wetting issue.

And you all wonder why this is a cold case.........

Le should go back and check everybody on the suspect list.The name/s of the killer/killers is/are in those files somewhere.
If people were cleared based on handwriting :)banghead:) I am sure their alibis weren't properly checked either.(duh why check Wolf further,his gf is a nutso and we know PR did it,right?-that's probably how they "checked" the CA woman's story as well)But I guess it's kinda late for that now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back