IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime being black & gay Jan 2019 *ARRESTS*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It will probably last as long as it needs to, after all we want justice for Jussie. Meanwhile, we need to be careful not to get the thread shut down. I want to see this one through to the end, whatever that may be, not have a closed thread when the truth comes out, whichever way it goes. Too many threads get shut down before the truth comes out IMO.

I am glad that the FBI is investigating as well. I want every single part of this entire attack to be throughly investigated.

To ensure that this heinous crime never occurs again. Perpetrators need to know that no stone will be left unturned in investigating hate crime.

Photos show potential persons of interest in 'Empire' actor attack, police say

Jussie Smollett's Friend Who Was with Him After Apparent Hate Crime Says It Was a 'Scary Night'

So I'm confused about who is who here. Frank Gatson says he was with Jussie and was the one who called 911 and is his choreographer and creative director.

Next article says Brandon Z. Moore Jussie music manager said he was on the phone with the actor when he heard some of the attack, and heard the words "MAGA country."

How many people was he talking to?

Photos show potential persons of interest in 'Empire' actor attack, police say

Jussie Smollett's Friend Who Was with Him After Apparent Hate Crime Says It Was a 'Scary Night'

So I'm confused about who is who here. Frank Gatson says he was with Jussie and was the one who called 911 and is his choreographer and creative director.

Next article says Brandon Z. Moore Jussie music manager said he was on the phone with the actor when he heard some of the attack, and heard the words "MAGA country."

How many people was he talking to?
Maybe Frank came over after the attack to provide moral support to Jussie and "convince" him to call 911 and take him to the hospital, and Brandon Z heard the "actual encounter" when he was on the phone with Jussie? It's confusing.

"Last week, Chicago Police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi released an update on the case, revealing that investigators have acquired footage that could lead to the arrests of the actor’s assailants."

Anyone have the link to that quote from CPD spokesman Guglielmi? Just to verify...

Chicago Police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi told PEOPLE, "He is optimistic that video evidence will surface to help authorities solve the crime."

So People magazine gets an exclusive interview with CPD, saying that video evidence will surface to help to solve the crime. Very interesting...

“The victim goes to Subway just after midnight and on his way back, he was attacked by two men,” Guglielmi said.

So...The victim spent nearly 2 hours eating alone at Subway on a subzero freezing cold night? Subway is approximately 1000 feet from the apartment of the victim or 1/5th of a mile.

CPD spokesman Guglielmi said the actor returned to his apartment afterward and called his manager, who quickly made his way to Smollett’s home. “The manager goes to the apartment, and they agree to call police. The manager called us at 2:40 a.m.,” Guglielmi added.

His Creative Manager, was at the victims apartment and the Music Manager was on the phone with him during his attack.

Just watched channel 5 (NBC Chicago) news. They did a piece on this case.

They said CPD has not found any footage of attack and it would have been impossible for anyone to flee the area without their image being recorded.

They also reported that LE is still negotiating with Jussie lawyers to get his phone records

They said CPD has not found any footage of attack and it would have been impossible for anyone to flee the area without their image being recorded.

They also reported that LE is still negotiating with Jussie lawyers to get his phone records

If you get a chance could you link us that newest bit from NBC Channel 5?

PS... Channel 7 ABC News Chicago Rafer Weigel posted these:

"Chicago Police say they are combing through 100’s of hours of video to piece together every step #JussieSmollet made that night and given the amount of cameras where he was they say they’ll be able to do it. It’s just taking a lot of time and canvassing."

"Chicago Police say they’ve ID’d retailers of the rope found on #JussieSmollet & are now visiting every store in the city 2 check surveillance 2 see who bought it. They’ve also obtained more video from nearby hotels & red light cameras. Still no video of alleged attack."

If you get a chance could you link us that newest bit from NBC Channel 5?

PS... Channel 7 ABC News Chicago Rafer Weigel posted these:

"Chicago Police say they are combing through 100’s of hours of video to piece together every step #JussieSmollet made that night and given the amount of cameras where he was they say they’ll be able to do it. It’s just taking a lot of time and canvassing."

"Chicago Police say they’ve ID’d retailers of the rope found on #JussieSmollet & are now visiting every store in the city 2 check surveillance 2 see who bought it. They’ve also obtained more video from nearby hotels & red light cameras. Still no video of alleged attack."
Smollet Off Camera Just Long Enough For Alleged Attack: Cops

Although they cut off the last part when the reporter starts talking live to the news anchor and says LE is negotiating with his lawyers to obtain phone record...

Weird. If I was attacked, I wouldn't require any level of negotiation to turn over my phone records. Is this because he's famous?

Also, since there's no footage of the attackers fleeing, maybe they just stayed there all night to avoid detection. How far into the next day did they check the footage?

RSBM.

I hope the local retailers did not delete the footage they have so these vicious attackers are caught.

I hope they've also checked with Amazon.

So the victim now has a lawyer doing negotiations for him with the police? o_O
I just FB messaged the NBC reporter who did the piece tonight to confirm.

He told me CPD told reporters today that they still consider him (Jussie) to be a victim and do not want to force him to hand over his phone records so they are in negotiations with his lawyer to obtain them.

He told me CPD told reporters today that they still consider him (Jussie) to be a victim and do not want to force him to hand over his phone records so they are in negotiations with his lawyer to obtain them.

Wow. Negotiations with a victim? And with a victim’s lawyer no less? How often does that happen? Most victims would gladly turn over whatever they could in light of such a vicious attack and hate crime - - IMO, MOO and all that jazz.

In order for a hate crime to be established, it would be really helpful (essential if perps are found and it goes to trial) for LE to be able to verify that there is a corroborating witness to the racial/homophobic slurs used, in order to classify this as a hate crime.

Jussie and the music managers credibility would be completely ruined if this went to trial and had not turned over their phone records.

Looked at the wikipedia of the choreographer who reported it, hes had a really impressive career, hes won the most awards for best choreography at the MTV awards.
He choreographed 17 Beyonce music videos (including single ladies) but also worked with R.Kelly which doesn't mean anything but just makes me mad given what the recent documentary told us was known by people in the industry.

Has no effect on the attack/report, I just found his background interesting and thought others might too https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Gatson_Jr.

Weird. If I was attacked, I wouldn't require any level of negotiation to turn over my phone records. Is this because he's famous?

Also, since there's no footage of the attackers fleeing, maybe they just stayed there all night to avoid detection. How far into the next day did they check the footage?
BBM. Maybe they stayed because they live in the building!
giphy.gif

Why would a victim leave
Looked at the wikipedia of the choreographer who reported it, hes had a really impressive career, hes won the most awards for best choreography at the MTV awards.
He choreographed 17 Beyonce music videos (including single ladies) but also worked with R.Kelly which doesn't mean anything but just makes me mad given what the recent documentary told us was known by people in the industry.

Has no effect on the attack/report, I just found his background interesting and thought others might too https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Gatson_Jr.

Interesting that we had not heard that there was a witness until recently. Of course, I had never heard of this actor, until he was a victim of a hate crime.

I have been a bit confused in reading news information, trying to figure out what is the actual event, because even MSM has seemed to embellish the information presented. Or it is "fake news" that has created the conflict.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member