IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime being black & gay Jan 2019 *ARRESTS*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I find interesting is the made for tv worthy threatening notes showing that they were going to do this to him. Complete with pic of victim facing noose and a spraygun or water pistol filled with the "chemical". Done in the classical TV style of words cut out of the newspaper, the use of red to just add the right touch of politics, great big MAGA. Add to that the fact that it was dark, there were cameras everywhere, and the "attackers" were able to locate the "victim" on a dark street and recognized him and while beaten unmercifully, come out of it with a quite attractive scratch on one cheek and a noose.

What I find interesting is the made for tv worthy threatening notes showing that they were going to do this to him. Complete with pic of victim facing noose and a spraygun or water pistol filled with the "chemical". Done in the classical TV style of words cut out of the newspaper, the use of red to just add the right touch of politics, great big MAGA. Add to that the fact that it was dark, there were cameras everywhere, and the "attackers" were able to locate the "victim" on a dark street and recognized him and while beaten unmercifully, come out of it with a quite attractive scratch on one cheek and a noose.

I hadn't even noticed the noose/water pistol.

Good heavens. Maybe this is a social experiment of sorts? Remember when Joaquin Phoenix adopted a whole new persona a few years ago and it was a hoax of some sort?

I could have sworn the first time I heard this story yesterday it was that an actor who was "mistaken for" Jussie was attacked. Did anyone else hear that?

Corrections:
@2:42 am:
  • Friend of the "star"/victim calls Chicago PD to report attack, states that the person attacked is "famous"and or "important".
* According to Fox News, "star"/victim ended up walking to his manager's hotel room.

• "Star"/victim requests LE to turn off body cams upon entering the friends/manager's hotel apartment to interview him.
*"Star"/victim unwilling to have police film him during the initial interview.

• "Star"/victim eventually arrives at Northwestern Memorial hospital, a half mile away from friends apartment as an emergency room walk up.
*Initial reports stated injuries included a broken arm. The exact nature of his injuries have yet to be fully disclosed.
*Correction: Broken rib. "Star"/victim was treated and released, and did not appear to be an overnight guest at NMH.

What a perfectly manufactured story, its too perfect. It's got all of the goodies in it !

Sounds like he fabricated the story to gain sympathy for one reason or another or to inhance his his popularity. Never heard of the guy until now. Wow, an important and famous person.

That area is riddled with cameras. You can't blow a stop sign without your photo being taken than the city shakes you down for ever penny you have!

I know a lot of people might not know who he is, but he actually is pretty popular/gaining popularity so I don't really think he'd need a publicity stunt to do that unless he thinks he does because he has some sort of personality disorder! I really think something happened and he wanted to change the narrative because whatever it was was shameful or even illegal.

Anthony Guglielmi‏Verified account @AJGuglielmi 5m5 minutes ago
CASE UPDATE: Hours ago #ChicagoPolice detectives located a surveillance camera that shows potential persons of interest wanted for questioning in reference to the assault & battery of Empire actor. A community alert w/ photos is being constructed and will be disseminated shortly.

Anthony is the Chief Communications Officer for the Chicago PD

Anthony Guglielmi‏Verified account @AJGuglielmi 5m5 minutes ago
CASE UPDATE: Hours ago #ChicagoPolice detectives located a surveillance camera that shows potential persons of interest wanted for questioning in reference to the assault & battery of Empire actor. A community alert w/ photos is being constructed and will be disseminated shortly.

Anthony is the Chief Communications Officer for the Chicago PD
Do you have MSM links to that information? Never mind, it just updated.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abc7ch...st-in-empire-actor-attack-police-say/5113489/
We need to have the police investigate before a rush to judgement. Smollett was apparently on the phone with his music manager who is now on record saying he heard part of the scuffle and the MAGA part. Police can track phone records to see if they were on the phone with each other. They can probably also see other phone numbers in the area at the time and maybe whether any of those cell phones were moving at the time of the incident. I will give the alleged victim the benefit of doubt until police say otherwise.

@glamourkitty1922 : "CPD said a dozen detectives are pursuing new leads, including the grainy photos. Police said they have tracked Smollett's movements that night. They confirmed video shows Smollett walking across the street from the two possible persons of interest. Police said in the video he walks out of frame for about a minute and reappears on another camera "wearing a rope like a neck tie."

Police said there is no video of an assault. Investigators said he walked into an apartment building, passing security and boarding an elevator. He would then enter an apartment and that's where police were eventually called."

@SugarQueen: The security camera looks like the one on a pole at the NE corner of North New St. and E. North Water St. The two people are walking south on New St.

Last edited:
Copying the link from calvinshobbes to answer your question:
Photos show potential persons of interest in 'Empire' actor attack, police say

"CPD said a dozen detectives are pursuing new leads, including the grainy photos. Police said they have tracked Smollett's movements that night. They confirmed video shows Smollett walking across the street from the two possible persons of interest. Police said in the video he walks out of frame for about a minute and reappears on another camera "wearing a rope like a neck tie."

Police said there is no video of an assault. Investigators said he walked into an apartment building, passing security and boarding an elevator. He would then enter an apartment and that's where police were eventually called.
They seem to be calm and relaxed. I just hope we won't have another round of false accusations terrorizing people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bubbajax