IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime being black & gay Jan 2019 *ARRESTS*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure what to hope for here.
Do we hope this man wasn’t attacked as report? Then someone is lying ‘ bout something.
Do we hope it’s not a fake report? Then 2 creepy racist homophobes are randomly attacking people.

Do we hope this man wasn’t attacked as report? Then someone is lying ‘ bout something.
Do we hope it’s not a fake report? Then 2 creepy racist homophobes are randomly attacking people.

I think people just want the truth. Straight, simple and to the point.
Seems in the world today, regular people are being told what matters, what to feel, and what to think.
There was once a time, now long ago, when just the facts were good enough.

According to this video, hes declined to give police access to his phone so they're unable to independently verify his account. Wonder if his music manager will give them access to his phone.

I feel like its wrong but I want to believe this happened, I want to believe someone wouldn't make this up but then I feel kind of bad for hoping someone was attacked in the way thats been described.

What doesn't add up for me, is if its happening the way that we're told, why they stopped? We haven't been told they were interrupted or that they did any kind of major harm, he walked away from it, what made them stop? From the photo of him in the hospital room, theres no bruising around his neck, was the rope just to scare him? If you're dedicated enough to come with noose, bleach etc and stalk someone, I don't think you're letting someone away so easily.

Welcome WS maggieg!
Thanks for the interesting video you linked.

Why would the "star"/victim not want to hand over his cell phone? As a victim, surely you would do everything in your power to help LE catch these supposed attackers.

I also found it interesting that the "star"/victim had road salt smeared on his sweater. How on earth do you get road salt on your sweater and only your sweater? Or is the liquid, or bleach that he was attacked with actually road salt?

Considering the initial reports of a brutal beating by "raging, MAGA hat wearing, homophobic racists" that sent this "star"/victim to the hospital...
In about 60 seconds, while out of view of security cameras, the "star"/victim had road salt smeared on his sweater, received at least one small scratch on his cheek, and wore a thin clothesline rope like a necktie.

Why would the "star"/victim not want to hand over his cell phone? As a victim, surely you would do everything in your power to help LE catch these supposed attackers.

My theory is he was attacked or in a fight but the person involved was someone he was meeting which is why he doesn't want to give up his phone. He would have been in trouble with the studio for showing up with facial injuries when he's supposed to be shooting, so he panicked, reported it and made up a story that got out of hand.

The police aren't looking for evidence of other crimes or misdeeds, literally just to verify his story, refusing to turn it over does not look good.

I feel like such a cynic not believing someone who is saying something like this but it just goes to show the damage that other false reports of this ilk have done.

My theory is he was attacked or in a fight but the person involved was someone he was meeting which is why he doesn't want to give up his phone. He would have been in trouble with the studio for showing up with facial injuries when he's supposed to be shooting, so he panicked, reported it and made up a story that got out of hand.

I agree. He should have just stuck with "I was mugged."

A dozen detectives are working on the case and had reviewed hundreds of hours of surveillance video before finding the images of the potential persons of interest. Chicago police said they would like to bring the two people in for questioning.

Photos show potential persons of interest in 'Empire' actor attack, police say

This is a lot of manpower that could be used elsewhere to protect the dangerous streets of Chicago. I hope that if this is not true, there is prosecution for making false statements to police.

I don't like that Jussie won't turn over his phone.

The more I learn about this case, the more skeptical I become..... Of course I belonged to a famous PM group on the Mollie Tibbetts case, that had 16 possible sleuthed suspects, and all of them turned out to be wrong......MOO

Smollett said he was on the phone with his manager during the attack, but both of them have refused to turn over their phone records, according to Guglielmi.

“Both the victim and his manager have made statements to detectives that they were on the phone with each other," he said in an email. "We were not able to independently verify that because they did not turn over cell phone records to police when asked.

Images of persons of interest released as police investigate report of attack on 'Empire' actor Jussie Smollett

Out of frame for a minute... Those guys are fast! He probably slipped on a ice patch, scratched up his face and got road salt on his sweater... But wouldn't he have been wearing a jacket? Its brutal out here.... Walks two blocks in the freezing cold to Subway without a jacket??

The still shot of two men walking, does that show them approaching the area or departing the area of the supposed crime?

RBBM

It's like some don't want to believe the left is capable of creating this kind of thing - false narrative or hoax. I think people are losing their minds over Trump supporters and the MAGA hat.

When this first came out I believed it and maybe it's true but I now have my doubts.

Can you leave politics out of this please? This is about whether an attack occurred or not. Not whether an entire group of people are culpable of creating hoaxes.

Please stop.

It's bad either way but I'd rather it not be true because that means that someone was physically attacked.

New article from the DailyMail:
Jussie Smollett's neighbor says she saw a 'redneck' with a rope outside his apartment before attack | Daily Mail Online

In this article you will find:
The only treatment at the hospital was to the small scratches on the "star"/victims face. There is no swelling to the face, and is his normal puffy appearance.

A small map of the area where the two figures are seen walking south a block away from the Subway approximately 15 minutes before the incident.

"Star"/victim and his music manager refuse to hand over cell phones, which would provide audio of the attack, and may provide additional information leading to the capture of the "attackers".

A neighbor told TMZ that an hour an a half earlier, at 12:30am, she spotted a "redneck" man loitering outside of her apartment building.
Though the "redneck" term is clearly used by this woman in a derogatory and racist manner... She may have actually seen a red neck, since this man was only wearing a "blue sweatshirt, a blue beanie and jeans that were too short and exposed thick grey hunting socks" on a night with a minus 10 below zero windchill.
The other white man she claims "creeped" her out, and was an agitated cigarette smoker who was carrying a blue and white clothesline rope around his neck, that protruded from his zipped up sweater.
The neighbor seems to be suggesting two insufficiently dressed "creepy" white men waited for an hour and a half in sub-zero temperatures to attack.

And lastly,
‘We haven’t seen anybody, at this point, matching the description he gave, nobody looks menacing and we didn’t find a container anywhere,’ Guglielmi said earlier on Wednesday, referring to a container for the liquid that was thrown at the actor.

Last edited:
As I understand it from MSM links.........In his first LE interview there was no mention of MAGA anything. In the second LE interview Smollett claimed his attackers yelled " This is MAGA country !" Smollett's Manager also claimed to have heard this through their phone connection at that time.....His lynch rope and chemical attack part of the story has stayed basically the same.... Neither Smollett or his Manager will give LE their phones for investigation at this time.

Last edited:
New article from the DailyMail:
Jussie Smollett's neighbor says she saw a 'redneck' with a rope outside his apartment before attack | Daily Mail Online

In this article you will find:
The only treatment at the hospital was to the small scratches on the "star"/victims face. There is no swelling to the face, and is his normal puffy appearance.

A small map of the area where the two figures are seen walking south a block away from the Subway approximately 15 minutes before the incident.

"Star"/victim and his music manager refuse to hand over cell phones, which would provide audio of the attack, and may provide additional information leading to the capture of the "attackers".

A neighbor told TMZ that an hour an a half earlier, at 12:30am, she spotted a "redneck" man loitering outside of her apartment building.
Though the "redneck" term is clearly used by this woman in a derogatory and racist manner... She may have actually seen a red neck, since this man was only wearing a "blue sweatshirt, a blue beanie and jeans that were too short and exposed thick grey hunting socks" on a night with a minus 10 below zero windchill.
The other white man she claims "creeped" her out, and was an agitated cigarette smoker who was carrying a blue and white clothesline rope around his neck, that protruded from his zipped up sweater.

And lastly,
‘We haven’t seen anybody, at this point, matching the description he gave, nobody looks menacing and we didn’t find a container anywhere,’ Guglielmi said earlier on Wednesday, referring to a container for the liquid that was thrown at the actor.
My goodness !!! The plot thickens............MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members