IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime being black & gay Jan 2019 *ARRESTS*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously it was the "jeans too short" and the "thick grey hunting socks!!"
Hmm, I wonder what the difference is between thick grey winter socks and thick grey hunting socks? Was there a hunting scene knitted into the socks? What was the neighbor doing with his face so close to the man's feet?

This is one of the most ridiculous stories I've read. A couple of rednecks loitering in Chicago in the wee small hours of the sub zero morning to attack a black man and shout "this is MAGA country!" No flipping way. That's about as staged a story as I have ever heard.

Strange development.
Perhaps the talent agency representing the "star"/victim suggested his family come out with a public statement. Anyone else find this odd?

"Jussie has told the police everything from the very beginning. His story has never changed, and we are hopeful they will find these men and bring them to justice."

It is not known if the Chicago Police Dept will independently try to recover phone records to retrieve the audio from the "attack".

How much you want a bet that CPD will not attempt to retrieve the phone records, and let this incident blow away like the smell of freshly bleached clothes, swinging from a backyard clothesline on a blustery subzero night....

It's odd he has opted to not share his cellphone records. Why, I wonder? Also, this passage: "Police have reviewed hundreds of hours of footage from more than 20 surveillance cameras in the area, according to Guglielmi. They have not found any images of the alleged attack, but do have footage that shows part of Smollet's journey to and from the neighborhood." The whole situation is very disturbing.

The comments are not being kind that's for sure.

Here is the PIO for the department: Anthony Guglielmi (@AJGuglielmi) | Twitter

Anthony Guglielmi on Twitter

Photos of people of interest who were in area of the alleged assault & battery of Empire cast member. While video does not capture an encounter, detectives are taking this development seriously & wish to question individuals as more cameras are being reviewed

Guglielmi said footage from the apartment building is sharp and shows Smollett walking in with a white rope around his neck. “We can confirm that, yeah, it was a rope, tied as a noose. It was tied that way,’’ he said. “You can tell it’s a rope tied as a noose.’’

Forty minutes later, as officers responded with their body cameras turned on, Smollett still had the rope around his neck, but it was untied.

“It was draped around his neck still, but it’s not fashioned as a noose,” Guglielmi said. “It was loosely dangling rope.” Officers took the rope and some of Smollett’s clothing as evidence.

Detectives piecing together 'digital puzzle' as they investigate report of attack on 'Empire' actor Jussie Smollett

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

I would like to know why he won't give his phone to the police, if it can help pinpoint the timeline of the attack. I also wonder why he kept a rope around his neck for an hour...why not take it off? Just a few questions.

That is not doubting the veracity of his trauma. Just inquiring.

Another question, if I was on the phone with someone, and heard an attack, in a heartbeat, I would speed dial 911! Why didn't the agent do this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member