IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime Jan 2019 #3 *SMOLLETT ARRESTED*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
‘Empire’ star Jussie Smollett’s salary, net worth compared to co-stars | Fox Business

While Smollett's current "Empire" salary is unknown, according a Variety report from 2016, he was making significantly less than his co-stars.

It was reported that he earned around $20,000 per episode, while co-stars Terrance Howard and Taraji P. Henson were getting paid around $175,00 per episode. Smollett's salary was reported in line with Howard and Henson's on-screen children, Trai Byers and Bryshere Y. Gray.

Smollett's overall net worth is also far below his co-stars, according to a report from 2017. Here's a look at some "Empire" Season 4 cast members' reported net worths:

JUSSIE SMOLLETT'S NET WORTH: $500,000

Besides "Empire," Smollett's credits include "The Mighty Ducks," "North," "The Skinny" and "Alien: Covenant."

TARAJI HENSON'S NET WORTH: $16 MILLION

Henson's TV and film credits include "Person of Interest," "Hustle & Flow," and "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button," which she even scored an Oscar for. Her role as Cookie Lyon on "Empire" has also earned her two Emmy nominations in 2015 and 2016.

TERRENCE HOWARDS' NET WORTH: $5 MILLION

According to Variety, Howard reportedly makes more than $125,000 per episode as a lead in "Empire." But the actor has had a lengthly career with roles in "Law & Order," 2008's "Iron Man" and "Hustle and Flow."

GABOUREY SIDIBE'S NET WORTH: $6 MILLION

Sidibe rose to fame from her breakout role "Precious," which made over four times its $10 million budget following its release, according to Box Office Mojo figures.

BRYSHERE GRAY'S NET WORTH: $2 MILLION

TRAI BYERS' NET WORTH: $1.5 MILLION

‘Empire’ star Jussie Smollett’s salary, net worth compared to co-stars | Fox Business

While Smollett's current "Empire" salary is unknown, according a Variety report from 2016, he was making significantly less than his co-stars.

It was reported that he earned around $20,000 per episode, while co-stars Terrance Howard and Taraji P. Henson were getting paid around $175,00 per episode. Smollett's salary was reported in line with Howard and Henson's on-screen children, Trai Byers and Bryshere Y. Gray.

Smollett's overall net worth is also far below his co-stars, according to a report from 2017. Here's a look at some "Empire" Season 4 cast members' reported net worths:

JUSSIE SMOLLETT'S NET WORTH: $500,000

Besides "Empire," Smollett's credits include "The Mighty Ducks," "North," "The Skinny" and "Alien: Covenant."

TARAJI HENSON'S NET WORTH: $16 MILLION

Henson's TV and film credits include "Person of Interest," "Hustle & Flow," and "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button," which she even scored an Oscar for. Her role as Cookie Lyon on "Empire" has also earned her two Emmy nominations in 2015 and 2016.

TERRENCE HOWARDS' NET WORTH: $5 MILLION

According to Variety, Howard reportedly makes more than $125,000 per episode as a lead in "Empire." But the actor has had a lengthly career with roles in "Law & Order," 2008's "Iron Man" and "Hustle and Flow."

GABOUREY SIDIBE'S NET WORTH: $6 MILLION

Sidibe rose to fame from her breakout role "Precious," which made over four times its $10 million budget following its release, according to Box Office Mojo figures.

BRYSHERE GRAY'S NET WORTH: $2 MILLION

TRAI BYERS' NET WORTH: $1.5 MILLION
If he only knew there was another way to get a higher salary: put in the work....and negotiate for more!! Or find a better-paying gig. Money can be earned without committing a crime.

I don't watch the show so I don't know how big of a role he had, but sounds like he had sour grapes because he wasn't earning as much as others on the show. His salary was certainly a healthy one, just not in comparison to bigger stars.

Jeez.

If he only knew there was another way to get a higher salary: put in the work....and negotiate for more!! Or find a better-paying gig. Money can be earned without committing a crime.

I don't watch the show so I don't know how big of a role he had, but sounds like he had sour grapes because he wasn't earning as much as others on the show. His salary was certainly a healthy one, just not in comparison to bigger stars.

Jeez.

Yep yep and yep

Besides - isn't that what your agent is for? Negotiating bigger money - better gigs?
He really should have spent his time more wisely................just sayin'

JMHO

Van Jones on Jussie Smollett: “Now you have the fall of an icon at a time when we need icons, when we need heroes, we need people to stand up. The level of betrayal, if this is true, is so deep … it’s almost hard to get the words out because of how beloved he has been.” Smollett staged attack because he was "dissatisfied with his salary," police say

I agree with Wise, from above's comment also. THAT is exactly what he was / is unhappy with. The very fact that he is / was NOT an icon. He thought by doing all this it would put him on that trajectory. His position is / was that seriously unless someone googled his name they would NOT KNOW who he is. His music is available for listening mostly on you tube. Other than that not so much. They may well have been told that this upcoming season would be the last. The ratings for that show tanked after season 2. For him Empire was I'm sure the first STEADY paycheck of his career.

JMO

Anyone checked to see if the fund me pages are up? I will bet my bottom dollar they will start to appear - to help pay for his security detail, his defense, his.....who knows what else.....

That seems to be the way things work in this crazy new wacky world.......................

Just sayin..........

JMHO

The studio behind the hit television show “Empire” says it is “evaluating the situation” regarding the charges against Smollett and is “considering our options.”

20th Century Fox Television and Fox Entertainment issued a statement Thursday saying, “We understand the seriousness of this matter and we respect the legal process. We are evaluating the situation and we are considering our options.”

'Mr. Smollett is the one that orchestrated this crime,' Johnson says

I wonder how Empire will respond to his reportedly too low salary.
I don't think they need to make a statement at all. Why would they? If he wasn't happy with his salary, he should've gone to them to negotiate - and they, in turn, are within reason not to increase his salary if they don't want to. I think the show should keep public statements about all this to a very terse minimum.

jmo

Come on he is a 36 year old man! I'm getting the feeling that there will be an outcry of compassion for him. Give me a break! He's nothing more than a spoiled little brat that can't earn his way to the success he desires, better to manufacture a hate crime. That will teach them!
To better up your salary, improve acting and singing gigs...he’s no Tupac.

Van Jones on Jussie Smollett: “Now you have the fall of an icon at a time when we need icons, when we need heroes, we need people to stand up. The level of betrayal, if this is true, is so deep … it’s almost hard to get the words out because of how beloved he has been.” Smollett staged attack because he was "dissatisfied with his salary," police say

"Icon" ? Sorry Van but i honestly never heard of him before he pulled this stunt.

He was dissatisfied with his salary. that was his motive

My jaw dropped when I read that on the CNN crawl (we have it on at work).

Supt: POIs participated for financial aspect. POIs never thought they would be tracked down. Supt proud of detectives.
paraphrase.

That was probably one of the best LEO Press Conference I've seen. That Superintendent put it ALL out there. I don't recall a LEO just come out and say that when a Defendant did a certain thing that it "pissed us off". Most people don't stop and think that during some of these "investigations" call for them to authorize overtime and dedications of resources. This one has shown to be fruitful, but many do not. Hopefully this one makes up for the many that are not as fruitful, and the butt chewing that he has gotten over his years. That Super is one that I'd love to share dinner and a beer or two with.

LEO

The silent TelePrompTer on the aforementioned CNN feed had their local talent on the air. He said ‘I’ve never heard the superintendent so upset. He’s usually a very nice man.’

And lastly: JS paid the brothers by check?

By check?!!!!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member