IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime Jan 2019 #3 *SMOLLETT ARRESTED*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Read from the bottom, up

1. Verified account 11s11 seconds ago
    Smollett will be the second case called. Bond hearings typically take only a few minutes, but most people on the docket in this courtroom don't have large, expensive legal teams who've had weeks to prepare for this kind of hearing.

0 replies0 retweets0 likes

2. Verified account 2m2 minutes ago
    The judge will ask how much a defendant can afford to post as bond, and is supposed to set a bond amount they can afford to pay— the principle at work being that if he misses court, they forfeit that money.

1 reply0 retweets1 like

3. Verified account 3m3 minutes ago
    Smollett's lawyers will raise issues with the evidence, based on what little they might know at this point, and offer factors that show Smollett is likely to return to court for future hearings.

1 reply1 retweet2 likes

4. Verified account 5m5 minutes ago
    At today's hearing, prosecutors will lay out the evidence they have against Jussie Smollett, his criminal background and factors that they believe make him a threat to the community-- or his likelihood to run for it-- if he's released on bond.

1 reply1 retweet2 likes

5. Verified account 7m7 minutes ago
    Still, unless there is some evidence that Jussie Smollett has been plotting to flee Cook County, he's almost certain to be released ahead of trial, whether on a low cash bond, recognizance bond, or electronic monitoring.

1 reply0 retweets1 like

1. Verified account 21s21 seconds ago
    Smollett led into court, wearing black winter jacket, hands clasped behind his back. His supporters take to their feet, per the usual ritual for backers and family in bond court.

0 replies1 retweet0 likes

2. Verified account 1m1 minute ago
    NEW: Our @leahhopeABC7 is in court and says Jussie Smollett is standing before a judge.

3 replies12 retweets19 likes

I saw a you tube earlier this AM. Somebody had gotten footage of Jussie standing there doing his red carpet pose, and all the camera flashes going continuously. But in the background sound it was a crowd instead of screaming his name, they were chanting in unison DUMBASS, DUMBASS, DUMBASS. Not often I get a laugh to go with my coffee in the morning!

JMO

"Smollett's Supporters" seriously?! Who is supporting this guy? Is there anyone who believes he did not set this up?
I'm assuming they are supporting him not because they believe he is innocent, but because they are supporting him as a friend, relative, etc. Not everyone abandons others after a mistake, believe it or not. They don't have to like what he did to support him through a tough time.

jmo

I'm assuming they are supporting him not because they believe he is innocent, but because they are supporting him as a friend, relative, etc. Not everyone abandons others after a mistake, believe it or not. They don't have to like what he did to support him through a tough time.

jmo

Interesting. I have plenty of friends, who would never show up in court to support me for criminal activity. And my family? Heck, my Dad always said, "Never call us for bail money.". That kept us out of trouble.

Maybe Smollett's parents should have said the same thing.

jmo
He's not in court because of a mistake. I wouldn't support my son if he intentionally did something so incredibly selfish. My kids were taught years ago they will be held accountable for their actions. Illegal actions must have serious consequences.

JMO

Interesting. I have plenty of friends, who would never show up in court to support me for criminal activity. And my family? Heck, my Dad always said, "Never call us for bail money.". That kept us out of trouble.

Maybe Smollett's parents should have said the same thing.
I am very angry at him. I find absolutely no excuse for what he did. But, I don't want to throw stones at him. I want him to face the consequences in the courts (including jail if that is the sentence) and....then work to redeem himself and continue on with life as a better person. It's a lot easier to improve your life with support.

I tell my kids if they break the law, I will turn them in....and visit them in jail. I wouldn't turn my back on them or abandon them in their darkest times.

I understand the support, and it bodes for a better chance he will make amends, imo.

But I also understand that others don't support people when they have offended.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member