IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime Jan 2019 #3 *SMOLLETT ARRESTED*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can a citizen request that officers turn off their body cameras? Would an officer comply?
A suspect probably cannot make that request, but officers would likely respect the request from a victim, which they assumed JS at that point since he called them to report a crime committed against him.

jmo

Something that I don't believe has been brought up today. There are many considerations that I'm sure were taken into consideration of whether to continue working with Jussie for the Studio, and I'm sure discussed with Disney as well. I'm sure it will all come out at some time in the future. Was he consistently on time for call and shoot obligation? How many takes did it take for him to get his scenes "right" before it was good for director and producers? Was he prompt and on time for PROMO shoots and engagements? With his reported drug use, was it apparent or did the behavior affect or spill onto the set in any way? It has proven to be that he was canoodling with one of the brothers who was also an "extra" on the show, not to mention supplying his drugs. What is it they say? Never mix business and pleasure. (the clean version)

JMO

I will reserve judgement on TMZ article until FBI investigation is complete. I totally believe JS created letter because of his MAGA fixation. I mean MAGA as return address. :rolleyes:

his mythical racist villains cried out "this is maga country", I think the letter was postmarked from Chicago so makes sense if he put that as a return address.

Now that is totally priceless!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::p:p:p Who on earth would pay someone with a check to break the law?

Someone so stupid they thought they were going to get away with their scam.

Imo, he really believed he could just say it, and all of it would be believed, hook, line, and sinker...without question.

Imo

Can a citizen request that officers turn off their body cameras? Would an officer comply?

In this particular case - the camera being on in a private residence - it would be considered an illegal search, which is I believe the reason given why LE complied. I think it matters what jurisdiction and what the circumstances are. If someone was being arrested out on public property out in the open, then I think you could ask but they wouldn't have to comply.

Jussie Smollett was two-and-a-half hours late for his ABC interview | Daily Mail Online

Jussie Smollett arrived two-and-a-half hours late to his ABC interview with Robin Roberts last week, his first and only interview since about the attack he is accused of staging.

[...]

When he arrived late, he did not give an explanation and it is unknown if he apologized, a source told DailyMail.com on Friday, describing his arrival and the delay as 'weird'.

[...]

Jussie Smollett's lawyers blast authorities, say actor was 'betrayed by a system that wants to skip due process'

I don't really get the "outrage" here. Police arrest people based on evidence. While our court system is based on innocent until proven guilty, the burden of proof is on the state. However, the process involves charging and arresting a defendant. A prosecutor does not pursue charges, unless there is sufficient evidence to actually make a case against the defendant.

Blow some more hot air.

Jussie Smollett's lawyers blast authorities, say actor was 'betrayed by a system that wants to skip due process'

I don't really get the "outrage" here. Police arrest people based on evidence. While our court system is based on innocent until proven guilty, the burden of proof is on the state. However, the process involves charging and arresting a defendant. A prosecutor does not pursue charges, unless there is sufficient evidence to actually make a case against the defendant.

Blow some more hot air.
The only people that seem to be outraged are his defense lawyers.

Days before Jussie Smollett told police he was the victim of a vicious racist and homophobic attack, the “Empire” star sent a cautious text to a friend, Cook County prosecutors say.

“Might need your help on the low,” he messaged Abimbola “Abel” Osundairo, Smollett’s co-worker and alleged sometime ecstasy dealer. “You around to meet up and talk face to face?”

How a text from Jussie Smollett set in motion an alleged hoax that dragged 'Chicago's reputation through the mud'

Hours later, Smollett endured the wrath of another black authority figure, Judge John Fitzgerald Lyke Jr., who said he couldn’t in good conscience release the 36-year-old actor from custody on his own recognizance. Instead he set bond at $100,000.

“The most vile and despicable part of it, if it’s true, is the noose,” said Lyke, voicing a similar theme to Johnson’s. “That symbol conjures up such evil in this country’s history.”

Shortly before 4 p.m., after a friend from California posted the necessary $10,000, a stone-faced Smollett left Cook County Jail amid a crush of reporters screaming questions. He had surrendered to authorities about 5 a.m. Thursday.

Smollett gave them a $100 bill to buy rope, ski masks, gloves and red baseball caps that would look like the “Make America Great Again” hat sported by Trump, Lanier said.

Jmo When jussie wouldn’t hand over his phone right away I’m sure that raised eyebrows, probably got search warrant then.

In fact that told me that he was hiding something and it wasn’t private pics/conversations.
I live close to the "909" area code, which is synonymous with what everyone would typically consider "MAGA country" (look up 909 area code for more info). Although I've seen plenty of people wearing plenty of weird stuff, I've yet to see ANYBODY wearing a MAGA hat.

Blow some more hot air.
From what I've seen online, the only people that are outraged are the people who defended him in the beginning and are in denial. And the Al Sharpton-esque conspiracy theories on how it must be corrupt police who are framing him, have already begun...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nemonic13