IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime Jan 2019 #4 * ALL CHARGES DROPPED*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a strong suspicion this is a deal state prosecutors made with the feds. We’ve seen this before. The state drops charges to allow the feds to step in with stronger charges. This happened with the Arizona compound where there were 14 kids in squalor and a dead 3 year old. State charges for murder were not brought, and the child abuse “holding” charges were dropped. The feds are now prosecuting all of the adults for terrorism charges.

I think there is a good possibility that the federal investigation into Jussie’s “White powder” terroristic threat letter is concluded, and federal charges are imminent. JMO. The state charges would typically proceed first, so by dropping them, the way is open for the feds. The state can always re-file charges in the future if they wish since he was never tried.

I really, really hope you are right!

I have a strong suspicion this is a deal state prosecutors made with the feds. We’ve seen this before. The state drops charges to allow the feds to step in with stronger charges. This happened with the New Mexico compound where there were 14 kids in squalor and a dead 3 year old. State charges for murder were not brought, and the child abuse “holding” charges were dropped. The feds are now prosecuting all of the adults for terrorism charges.

I think there is a good possibility that the federal investigation into Jussie’s “White powder” terroristic threat letter is concluded, and federal charges are imminent. JMO. The state charges would typically proceed first, so by dropping them, the way is open for the feds. The state can always re-file charges in the future if they wish since he was never tried.
I hope the Feds do prosecute. In the meantime, what a relief for all of those politicians that are running in elections in April.....................................

Also remember that there are massive issues with the way County Attorney Kim Foxx mishandled the case and interfered with an ongoing investigation. This gets her temporarily off the hook while a “possible” federal prosecution about the letter unfolds. As well as a “possible” investigation into how her office interfered— which the police have called for.

Charges DROPPED against Jussie Smollett | Daily Mail Online
'Today, all charges against Jussie Smollett were dropped and his record has been wiped clean of the filing of the complaint against him.
'Jussie was attacked by two people he was unable to identify on January 29th. He was a victim who was vilified and made to appear as a perpetrator as a result of false and inappropriate remarks made to the public causing an inappropriate rush to judgement.
'Jussie and many others were hurt by these unfair and unwarranted actions. This entire situation is a reminder that there should never be an attempt to prove a case in the court of public opinion.

So, since his record has been expunged... it will not affect his future employment ?
And he was an "innocent" victim all along ?
Haven't followed this case in its' minutiae , but I take it he has a clean record from now on ?
Eta : Added quotation marks :p

Last edited:
ABC News‏Verified account @ABC
JUST IN: Smollett family statement: "Our son and brother is an innocent man whose name and character has been unjustly smeared." http://abcn.ws/2FCG6Hq

D2mH6QDWoAAZr6Z.jpg

11:44 AM - 26 Mar 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members