IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime Jan 2019 #4 * ALL CHARGES DROPPED*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He is a two bit actor who may or may not committed a hoax that normally is a misdemeanor ?

Others who have done a crime similar get community service,

I am totally mystifed why this has gotten pages and pages of outrage . And no, I do not buy that it hurts other real vistims as there are plenty of hoaxes out there that did not reeieve this kind of outrage

Because of the cover-up and diversions.

He is a two bit actor who may or may not committed a hoax that normally is a misdemeanor ?

I am totally mystifed why this has gotten pages and pages of outrage . And no, I do not buy that it hurts other real vistims as there are plenty of hoaxes out there that did not reeieve this kind of outrage
This was a huge story before we ever knew it was a hoax.

Just the way he wanted it.

Misdirecting police resources in a city that is one of the most violent in the United States, is a very big deal.

Police detectives should have been investigating major crimes, not fake ones.

This was absolutely not a misdemeanor, judging by the 16 felony counts levied against him.

I didn’t want to see this guy crucified, I just wanted him to tell the truth.

Clearly there are people involved who do not think he is a nobody.

People in the entertainment industry do have power and influence, whether us common folk have any idea who these people are or not.

I’d never heard of this guy until this case broke.

BBM - Exactly. Relatively speaking, he is a nobody. Nobodies like him do not get this kind of protection........ unless ..... hmmmm I'll let you figure that one out.

That is really a ridiculous interview. First she implies that people are in the weeds and just don't understand. (pretty arrogant). But every attorney around is calling fowl on this. Then she seems to imply that he was over charged. But it was HER office that presented that to the grand jury! Then seems to say well its either dismiss or go to trial lose. There were TONS of options, including plea to much lesser charges but an admission. That is how most cases work. And I think she is flat wrong on the sealing issue.

That is really a ridiculous interview. First she implies that people are in the weeds and just don't understand. (pretty arrogant). But every attorney around is calling fowl on this. Then she seems to imply that he was over charged. But it was HER office that presented that to the grand jury! Then seems to say well its either dismiss or go to trial lose. There were TONS of options, including plea to much lesser charges but an admission. That is how most cases work. And I think she is flat wrong on the sealing issue.

What is calling fowl? Is that a legal term?

Agree. The idea that he could be charged with so many felonies with penalties up to 40 some years in jail is way too much. He lied and hurt some people's feelings, but that's not a crime worth sending someone to prison for. There's no comparison to violent crime, mass murder, spree killings, etc.

He needs a sentence that is severe enough to discourage other people from engaging in this kind of behavior, maybe a bigger fine and more community service. It should remain on his record, as it would for anyone else who committed the same kind of crime. Some type of sanction should also apply if any officials behaved unethically in resolving this case. Otherwise, everyone needs to calm down and move on. JMO

Pleading to lesser charges and admitting it seemed the most logical solution. Agree about sealing it, too. That only inflames the incident into epic proportions. If they thought sealing it would make everyone stop talking about the incident, it had the opposite effect.

Pleading to lesser charges and admitting it seemed the most logical solution. Agree about sealing it, too. That only inflames the incident into epic proportions. If they thought sealing it would make everyone stop talking about the incident, it had the opposite effect.

There would be very little uproar if that had happened but apparently he's either too much of a narcissist to do that or, in my opinion, is in a position to do some major blackmailing of someone important.

Agree. The idea that he could be charged with so many felonies with penalties up to 40 some years in jail is way too much. He lied and hurt some people's feelings, but that's not a crime worth sending someone to prison for. There's no comparison to violent crime, mass murder, spree killings, etc.

He needs a sentence that is severe enough to discourage other people from engaging in this kind of behavior, maybe a bigger fine and more community service. It should remain on his record, as it would for anyone else who committed the same kind of crime. Some type of sanction should also apply if any officials behaved unethically in resolving this case. Otherwise, everyone needs to calm down and move on. JMO
BBM

No sentence, as the case was thrown out.

No record, for the same reason.

A 10k fine for expenses over $160,000.

No apology, because no incentive.

An average person would not be treated so kindly by the justice system.

Hence the outrage.

There would be very little uproar if that had happened but apparently he's either too much of a narcissist to do that or, in my opinion, is in a position to do some major blackmailing of someone important.

There are 51 ? pages on this. Seems like much ado about nothing when you see how other cases of hoaxes were handled

Clearly there are people involved who do not think he is a nobody.

People in the entertainment industry do have power and influence, whether us common folk have any idea who these people are or not.

I’d never heard of this guy until this case broke.

The one with well placed JUICE is JS close friend who is very well connected and creator of the show. I'd bet the farm on it.
MOO

JS had a prior incident where he was stopped and gave his brothers name instead of his own. Then with the hoax attack, false police report, lying to investigators, lying on TV, and now his statement after yesterday's hearing where he says he has always told the truth, it seems JS has a real issue with lying and taking responsibility for himself. Maybe he is just very immature. But he is repeatedly failing to realize (or care) that his lying seriously affects other people.

BBM

Hence the outrage.

I'm talking about the outrage before the charges were dropped. Both sides are making mistakes here, JMO.

BBM

Hence the outrage.

Most hate crime hoaxsters aren't given a national platform in order to spread their dangerous hate claim lies either.

Imo

Most hate crime hoaxsters aren't given a national platform in order to spread their dangerous hate claim lies either.

Imo
Yup.

Hell, this was a huge story all over the world.

It made the front pages of international newspapers, and here at home, led the nightly newscasts for days.

If the “attack” was so deserving of that type of coverage, then surely the hoax deserves equal airtime.

The truth matters.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads