IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime Jan 2019 #4 * ALL CHARGES DROPPED*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Uncertainty about the future of the show on the set of Empire. Rumblings about cancellation.

As I opined days earlier, if the show is cancelled for this season or the next, JS's co-actors might consider suing him in the future. I'd think it would be relatively easy to prove that the very public national controversy over JS's criminal charges hastened the demise, if it is cancelled.

Jussie Smollett's case could cost him way more than just his gig on "Empire" ... many on the show fear his situation could bring the whole show down in the process.

Production sources tell TMZ ... anxiety is high among the "Empire" cast and crew, because Fox has yet to renew the show for a sixth season. We're told people who've been working on the show for years are griping they should've heard the news one way or another by now, and expected to get word on the fate of the show around 2 weeks ago.

Jussie Smollett Might Have Fate of 'Empire' Hanging in the Balance

Jussie Smollett Indictment Casts Shadow Over ‘Empire’ Season 5 Return

Many options are on the table regarding Smollett and his character, Jamal Lyon. Sources tell Vt is possible the character could be killed off or the role could be recast.

It also appears that Smollett’s role in the remainder of the season is being downplayed, despite Jamal’s engagement being a major storyline in the first half of Season 5. Except for a midseason recap video released in the beginning of March, none of the promotional clips for the second half of Season 5 released since Smollett’s arrest have prominently featured him, rather offering just fleeting glimpses of Jamal.

If we’re to put his 16 felony counts into perspective, then what should his punishment be?

I'm *opining* here, based on what I know about the current charges, additional potential federal charges, and potential sentences for both.

I think 4-10 years for the first 16 counts would be about right, along with restitution and fines for the cost of the police investigation. Followed by at least 5-10 years of supervised probation, due to his history. I would want to hear more details about exactly what he told both of the officers in the 2 separate interviews. Depending on that, I'd revise my opinion about sentencing up or down.

IMO, he's also going to face 1-3 federal indictments as well, related to the white powder terroristic threat letter. Just my opinion, at this point in time. If federal charges come to pass, and he's found guilty, IMO he deserves at least 5-10 years for that.

IMO, his history and conviction of lying to police about his identity to try to get out of a DUI should be admissible at both trials, if he has both state and federal charges. Shows a true pattern of behavior.

FOX has been talking about cancelling Empire for about 3 yrs. now.

This incident won't be the straw that breaks the camels back but the stunt may have been set up to bring positive !!?? buzz about the show and JS role.

Guess it backfired. Big time.

With the ratings constantly dropping, I don't see how the others can sue JS for any cancellation. Its been a good possibility for awhile now.

Last edited:
I have never watched the show, or even heard about it prior to this incident.

Smollett was so arrogant, to actually think that he was such a big star, that EVERYONE must KNOW who he is, and his sexual orientation!

I wouldn't have even known who he was prior to this hoax. Which is why I never believed his story in the first place.

Jussie Smollett struts out of court after judge rules cameras WILL be allowed the courtroom for his arraignment in the 'faked' homophobic and racist attack case

Jussie Smollett struts into court to hear whether cameras will be allowed in his 'fake attack' case | Daily Mail Online

I love this quote in the article, not verbatim...
"Smollett vehemently denies all charges and states he is completely innocent...a plea deal is expected based on inside sources".

What? If he is completely innocent, why on Earth would he go for a plea deal? Let the state prove the case beyond a reasonable doubt. Hmmmm....

BACK IN COURT: Actor Jussie Smollett appeared in a Chicago court Tuesday after being charged with 16 felony counts related to allegedly making up a hoax hate crime, with the judge ruling cameras will be allowed in future proceedings and his lawyer telling reporters the embattled star looks forward to "the truth coming out." Jussie Smollett appears in court for hearing; Cameras allowed for Thursday hearing
I love how the whole entourage is wearing sunglasses. Indoors. On a cloudy day. In winter. FFS

But they're all so kewl. And famous. Didn't you know? ROFLOL

Just watched the short video and it seems that NO ONE noticed him!!!

It is interesting to read every different news story about this case, because the story keeps evolving and changing from one thing to another thing.

The interview that Smollett did on GMA, and everything he has said about the attack, at his concert, are all free game for the prosecution to use at trial. I can't see how those public statements could be suppressed. Smollett doesn't have to say a word at his trial, he has been taped, and recorded over and over every time he said something about the attack. No wonder they want a plea deal!

I didn’t see MG in that clip.....has he moved on already lol?

He isn't licensed to practice in that state, that's one of the issues dealt with in todays hearing. MG needs permission/something in order to represent JS in Chicago.

Apparently, JS didnt need to be there but a lot of the media suggests he's just doing his diva thing.

Enjoy it JS, cause when they throw the book at you, you won't want to be strutting in prison.

I love this quote in the article, not verbatim...
"Smollett vehemently denies all charges and states he is completely innocent...a plea deal is expected based on inside sources".

What? If he is completely innocent, why on Earth would he go for a plea deal? Let the state prove the case beyond a reasonable doubt. Hmmmm....

Because it’s a lot more cost effective to take a plea, rather than go to trial. Especially when your lawyer/legal fees are probably over $1000/hr.

I love how the whole entourage is wearing sunglasses. Indoors. On a cloudy day. In winter. FFS

Guess you didn’t watch the whole clip, because it didn’t look cloudy. And in winter there is snow on the ground, which reflects sun. Part of the reason skiers, snowboarders, mountain climbers, etc wear tinted goggles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME