IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime Jan 2019 #4 * ALL CHARGES DROPPED*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
  1. Verified account 5m5 minutes ago
    NEW from Chicago: Joe Magats, the first assistant state's attorney who made the final decision to drop the charges against Jussie Smollett, says in an interview: "We didn't exonerate him."

4 replies37 retweets17 likes

2. Verified account 4m4 minutes ago
    Magats, the asst state's atty, said he saw no problems with the police investigation or the evidence against Smollett. The charges against Smollett were dropped in return for his agreement to do community service, he said, and for forfeiting his bond to the city of Chicago.

4 replies21 retweets9 likes

3. Verified account 3m3 minutes ago
    More from the asst state's attorney: "Here's the thing -- we work to prioritize violent crime and the drivers of violent crime. Public safety is our number one priority. I don't see Jussie Smollett as a threat to public safety."

2 replies10 retweets6 likes
Julie Bosman‏Verified account @juliebosman
"We stand behind the investigation, we stand behind the decision to charge him and we stand behind the charges in the case. The mere fact that it was disposed of in an alternative manner does not mean that there were any problems or infirmities in the case or the evidence."
" Alternative manner "........Is that a new term for "crooked cover up "?.....LOL !!!....moo

I'll just say this....from day one we were given false information by someone unknown even to LE according to the Superintendent.
Remember how doubt was planted in the minds of the public that they couldn't find anyone in the video aside from Jussie?
I'm sure plenty have egg on their faces at this point so of course they try to save face.
IMO they didn't have any facts to support a case. IMO

Philip Holloway‏Verified account @PhilHollowayEsq
Philip Holloway Retweeted Philip Holloway

#JussieSmollett team can spin it how they wish but he bought himself out of serious offenses in something akin to a sweetheart plea deal
  1. Verified account 5m5 minutes ago
    NEW from Chicago: Joe Magats, the first assistant state's attorney who made the final decision to drop the charges against Jussie Smollett, says in an interview: "We didn't exonerate him."

4 replies37 retweets17 likes

2. Verified account 4m4 minutes ago
    Magats, the asst state's atty, said he saw no problems with the police investigation or the evidence against Smollett. The charges against Smollett were dropped in return for his agreement to do community service, he said, and for forfeiting his bond to the city of Chicago.

4 replies21 retweets9 likes

3. Verified account 3m3 minutes ago
    More from the asst state's attorney: "Here's the thing -- we work to prioritize violent crime and the drivers of violent crime. Public safety is our number one priority. I don't see Jussie Smollett as a threat to public safety."

2 replies10 retweets6 likes
Julie Bosman‏Verified account @juliebosman
"We stand behind the investigation, we stand behind the decision to charge him and we stand behind the charges in the case. The mere fact that it was disposed of in an alternative manner does not mean that there were any problems or infirmities in the case or the evidence."

#2 makes no sense to me. To forfeit money and do community service is "punishment" so he would need to plead guilty to something, wouldn't he? To drop charges would mean to "walk free" because some procedure had been breached or new developments that made the initial charges invalid. Also, they are supposedly sealing his "records". ???????????

If they wanted to not pursue it because they have other priorities, it is what it is but there is no way they should have made this deal without him pleading guilty.

Like it or not they have exonerated him in a lot of peoples eyes, even if they claim they didn't

If they wanted to not pursue it because they have other priorities, it is what it is but there is no way they should have made this deal without him pleading guilty.

Like it or not they have exonerated him in a lot of peoples eyes, even if they claim they didn't

So I guess if you are caught with a small amount of drugs, shoplift, write hot checks, etc., you will get away with it in Chicago because it's not big enough to pursue? Do they not have traffic tickets anymore either?

Last edited:
I'll just say this....from day one we were given false information by someone unknown even to LE according to the Superintendent.
Remember how doubt was planted in the minds of the public that they couldn't find anyone in the video aside from Jussie?
I'm sure plenty have egg on their faces at this point so of course they try to save face.
IMO they didn't have any facts to support a case. IMO
No, it sounds like they do have evidence. But the case isn't a priority given more serious cases so they made a deal with his bond money and community service. He has not been exonerated. That is my understanding given current statements from authorities.

What is odd is the deal doesn't seem to require he admits guilt. ??

Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members