IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime Jan 2019 #4 * ALL CHARGES DROPPED*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

TTF14

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
The daily DM:

Chicago police were suspicious of Jussie Smollett from the very START | Daily Mail Online

New investigative details have revealed the clues that made Chicago cops suspicious of Jussie Smollett's story from the very start.

After three weeks of investigation, police publicly announced on Wednesday that they believed Smollett had hoaxed the attack that he claimed was perpetrated by white men shouting racist and anti-gay slurs.

But details released from the Cook County State's Attorney office show that even the first officers to respond to Smollett's report of an attack on January 29 had reason to be suspicious.

'Chicago Police Officers observed that Smollett had a rope draped around his neck,' Risa Lanier, a Cook County State's Attorney, wrote in the bond proffer.

'This was captured on police body worn camera. Seconds later, Smollett asked police to shut off the cameras,' she continued.

[...]

In his initial report of the attack, Smollett also perplexed investigators by refusing to turn over his cell phone to responding officers, who wanted to verify that he had been on the phone with his manager at the time of the attack.

The records he ultimately handed over were heavily redacted - which sources say allowed cops to zero in their investigation by focusing on the call records that he had deleted, by comparing them with records obtained through subpoena of his phone carrier.

[...]

Hey Everyone,

Please do not bring up politics, Trump, the Republicans, the Democrats, the Tooth Fairy, Porky Pig or ANYONE ONE OR ANYTHING that is off topic.

If we allowed a discussion about politics as it relates to this topic Websleuths would go up in flames quicker than a nuclear warhead. Ok, that is a bit of an exaggeration but not much,

Please know how much I personally appreciate you all spending time here and participating. You all make threads like this so interesting to read that I never want to get off the computer.

Take Care,
Tricia

So according to TMZ (do they count as MSM?), the check to the brothers was for training and they knew nothing of the letter? Will be interesting to see. Jussie Smollett Did NOT Pay Brothers $3,500 for 'Attack'

“Our sources say Ola and Abel told the Grand Jury they were paid for the 5-week program and not for the "attack." One source connected with the brothers did say Ola and Abel felt the amount was "a little high" but no one ever specifically said anything about any of the money being part of a scheme.

We've learned the brothers also told the grand jury that they had nothing to do with the threatening letter mailed to Jussie Smollett 8 days before the "attack."

So according to TMZ (do they count as MSM?), the check to the brothers was for training and they knew nothing of the letter? Will be interesting to see. Jussie Smollett Did NOT Pay Brothers $3,500 for 'Attack'

“Our sources say Ola and Abel told the Grand Jury they were paid for the 5-week program and not for the "attack." One source connected with the brothers did say Ola and Abel felt the amount was "a little high" but no one ever specifically said anything about any of the money being part of a scheme.

We've learned the brothers also told the grand jury that they had nothing to do with the threatening letter mailed to Jussie Smollett 8 days before the "attack."

Yes, but. Doesn't press release information paint a rather clear picture of Smollett conspiring with two friends to perpetrate a hoax?

Jussie Smollett May Have Concocted Hoax After Attack on Lee Daniels' Gay Cousin

Sources close to the "Empire" production tell TMZ ... some cast members think Jussie's gears started grinding in his head days after Lee posted a video on Instagram on January 10 calling out homophobia. In that same post, the "Empire" creator captioned it, "This past week my cousin was beat up for being gay and I am sick of hearing these stories."

Jussie Smollett's lawyers meeting with prosecutors, police investigators

I see a couple of different defense strategies here.

1. Insinuations that the Chicago PD is dishonest. I don't see that really working here.
2. Blame the Brothers for everything. Jussie had no idea it was his trainers that attacked him. The problem here is that Jussie stated emphatically that he was attacked by white men.
3. I don't see where the assertion that JS is a drug user has any merit here, unless he was going to plead guilty. He seems to have killed that with his statement to co-workers that he is still a victim.
4. Drag this out forever, until people forget about it. Ask for a dismissal. Good luck with that.

As for the federal crimes, regarding mail hoax, using mail to make threats. We have not seen the charges yet, but I believe that they will be substantially more serious.

1. JS blames the brothers, again, for everything.
2. The FBI is corrupt and out to get him.

My opinion is that he should have blamed mental health, drug addiction, apologized, and moved forward. But, what do I know? OJ and Casey Anthony got off with denial.

Of note, if the defense goes down a rabbit hole of political intrigue, I believe that won't work either. But there are conspiracy theorists who might. The issue with this, is how did that make JS perform criminal act to begin with...or will they continue with the "JS was set up" fairytale?

Ha! So the O bros want us to believe they threw in a time consuming, planned attack on Jussie for free along with his abs training package?

If you purchase our 5 week personal training offer for the low, low price of $8,000, as a one time bonus we will include a George Foreman grill and pretend to beat you up for free!

If this case goes to trial Smollett's lawyers can win during jury selection if they can get enough jurors who will vote not guilty because they feel that if there's any doubt at all it means they have to vote not guilty. JMO

Last edited:
@pphloyd posted this in the previous thread:

I am surprized he did not say he was attacked by whites, you can usually tell by the voices. Guess the MAGA mention took care of that
I sentence him to 15 years PLO
(Permanent latrine orderly) >modsnip<

He did identify his attackers as white. He said he could see the area around their eyes and they were white. This is according to the LE bond proffer.

Welcome to Websleuths!

Jussie Smollett's bond proffer in full | Daily Mail Online

Last edited by a moderator:
An open letter from a fan to Empire's Jussie Smollett | Reel Chicago - Midwest film, audio, production, TV, and advertising

Dear Jussie,

I understand that you sometimes read Reel Chicago. Thanks for that. It’s appreciated. So, if you do read this scrappy daily trade that I have been proud to be a part of for the last four years, I do hope you read this.

Jussie, you dumb *advertiser censored*!

[...]

Guess what? I’m not happy with what I get paid from Reel Chicago and Reel 360.

I hate driving a 2003 Saab.

I’m not happy that I have lived in LA for six years and still don’t have a manager.

I’m especially not thrilled that my wife kicks me when I snore.

My rent is too damn high!

BUT I AM NOT GOING TO FAKE AN ATTACK ON MYSELF SO THE WORLD FEELS SORRY FOR ME.

[...]

I wish Tupac would come back from the grave and slap some sense into your privileged *advertiser censored*, while the ghost of Dr. King held your arms behind your back.

[...]

Please. JS identified them as the men involved and the brothers squealed because they didn't want to go to jail for a staged hate crime. They went to Turkey and Nigeria afterwards and none of them thought LE would connect them because brilliant JS deleted their numbers and such. Dumb as a box of rocks. The plan was that Chicago PD would just not look too hard (because he's black and gay and cops all hate gays and blacks and don't care what happens to them - sigh) and JS would be all over the news and all sorts of celebs and politicians would talk about him and THEY did. It worked! But, Chicago PD officers do investigate crimes and they are smarter than JS and the Nigerian brothers and, now we all know it was a hoax, he's a low-life hate monger, narcissist and he is going to do time. I hope the Feds chomp on all of them the mail he sent to himself via the Bros. They would if it were you or me.

Meanwhile, 12 people were killed by guns in Chicago, even a 1 year old child was shot in the head and no one is talking about that.

These phoneys make me sick. They do soooo much harm.

Reading the bond Prooffer is really interesting. The police have quite a bit of evidence to convict.
I finally got time to read the bond proffer and you are correct, LE has a compelling case against Smollett.

This case is at it's very beginning. It being a very high profile case means that if it goes to trial the media attention will be very high.

High profile cases can have unexpected outcomes because in my opinion jury selection can be affected by the intense public interest.

Judges can make mistakes in an attempt to make it clear to the media that they are being "fair" during jury selection, hoping that their mistakes don't change the outcome of a trial that has overwhelming evidence. JMO

Here's a link to the bond proffer for those who may have missed it.

Jussie Smollett's bond proffer in full | Daily Mail Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member