GUILTY IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime, Jan 2019 #6 *GUILTY*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait a minute.
Did judge lunge at atty or pounce on atty?
Or both?
W a knife or broken bottle in his hand too???
j/k;):rolleyes::confused:
Good catch. How did it go from 'lunge' to 'pounce'?
"Walker said she viewed the encounter as part of a long pattern of disrespect toward female attorneys — particularly Black female attorneys — in courtrooms across the country.".

Walker is referring to Judge Linn, who has been serving as a felony judge for over 13 years in Cook County.

The defense lawyer requests the annulment of the trial and accuses the judge of having pounced on her; Judge dismisses claims and motions - CBS Chicago

These attorneys are trying to turn this into a circus. Let's publicly accuse the judge of being a racist and misogynous by the way he allegedly looked at the defense table during objections. That ought to prove that our client is right about everyone being racial offenders. :rolleyes:

lunge= a sudden forward thrust of the body, typically with an arm outstretched to attack someone or seize something.

pounce= to make a sudden assault or approach.

To me, 'pounce' is a more threatening and physical word than lunged.

Saying he lunged does not make it sound like he actually made contact. I thought she was saying he made a physical body gesture 'as if' he was going to come at her.

But pounced is more like saying he actually made physical contact. JMO

I think 'pounced' is a very big stretch.

Dealer or No Dealer?
That article was misleading, imo. They never said during the trial that they paid for Jussie's drugs. They said they were 'middle men'--not drug dealers....
@katydid23 sbm Thx for your post. If article was TMZ,* yes, agreeing w you.

"Well, Bola testified that yes, he did supply Jussie with drugs, but added, "I'm not a drug dealer. I don't sell."
I wonder if JS used Venmo or PayPal to pay whoever for the drugs and also used Venmo or PayPal to pay the brothers basically paying them as if they were a private courier service.

Maybe JS paid the brothers thru Venmo or PayPal for the drugs, so the brothers could pick up the goodies from dealer(s) and transport them to JS. Maybe helping themselves to bit, either w. or w'out JS knowing it.

Just guesswork/supposition on my part. my2ct

* Jussie Smollett May Have Scored with Jury Over Osundairo Drug Testimony

I noticed that the letter is a very sensitive topic, and the prosecutor is walking on eggshells concerning the letter....

It could be bad for the prosecutions case that there were ,allegedly, magazines found that might have been the source of that racist letter----because that would go to the defense claim that the brothers are anti-gay and were bullying JS and they wrote the threatening letter and then assaulted him.

I have not seen or heard any claim, during opening statements or the trial testimony, alleging the source of that letter yet.

The flip side, is that it sounds like the defense doesn't even want to touch that subject. That is the slippery slope to federal charges, using federal mail for terrorism.

The flip side, is that it sounds like the defense doesn't even want to touch that subject. That is the slippery slope to federal charges, using federal mail for terrorism.
Absolutely. If they could get him for sending that white powder through the US MAIL and lied to all of his bosses on that production---that would be huge. AND it would then be a slam dunk on this hoax hate crime.

But I don't think they have any solid evidence that he sent it himself because I think the brothers probably did so, at his request.

In my opinion, pure speculation----I think both sides have agreed to leave that can of worms out of the trial altogether.

OH OH, Here we go....this is what I was worried about....:rolleyes:

Jussie Smollett judge, defense attorney differ on lunging claim

“Judge, you physically moved towards me,” Tamara Walker told Cook County Judge James Linn during the trial Thursday.

Linn vigorously denied it, and the courtroom devolved into something close to chaos. Spectators murmured, attorneys began an animated argument for a mistrial, and Linn denied the accusation strenuously. He had simply been extremely surprised at what attorneys requested during the sidebar, he said.

On Friday, Walker told The Chicago Tribune she believed Linn’s physical response was spontaneous and not intended to intimidate — perhaps it was even involuntary — but it was shocking all the same.

“I was in disbelief,” she told the Tribune. “… I did not expect that type of reaction (to) me doing my job.”

Attorneys and the judge huddled in a corner — without a court reporter present. The defense asked Linn for a mistrial based on his characterization of the cross-examination as “collateral.”

“As soon as I made the motion, Judge Linn reacted with shock and seemed to become upset, and at that moment had a reaction to physically move toward me with the upper portion of his body,” Walker told the Tribune on Friday.

After the sidebar, Linn directed jurors to leave the courtroom, and Walker again asked for a mistrial — this time in open court — because of the collateral comment “as well as your physical actions toward me in the sidebar.”

Walker told the Tribune that, contrary to some media reports, she was not crying as she made her argument.

“My voice cracked, but I did not cry about the incident,” she said. “I was in shock and disbelief, and my voice broke. I could not believe I was relating what occurred.”

Walker said she viewed the encounter as part of a long pattern of disrespect toward female attorneys — particularly Black female attorneys — in courtrooms across the country.

“Throughout my 21 years of practice I have had experiences that my white male counterparts have not, including being mistaken for a court clerk, being mistaken for a defendant or member of the general public, being told to sit down when I came up to the clerk to check in for clients,” she said. “

My experiences are not isolated; a number of female or Black women practitioners have experienced the same thing throughout our careers.”

==============================

I knew where she was headed. She was bringing out the race card, full deck actually. She is publicly claiming that the judge, and thus the court, is racist, biased, angry and bitter towards her as a black woman. And she has seen that continuously for decades because it is systemic racism, and THUS her client is being unfairly prosecuted.

And furthermore, whether he is lying about this 'hate crime' or not---it isn't important. The important thing sis JS was fighting against racial injustice, and there ends justify the means--so if he had to lie and cheat to make his point, so be it...

THAT^^^ is what I think her message is with this alleged pouncing lunging snarling judge.

Reading her description here, I think he probably made one of those 'WHAT?" movements where you move your upper body in a WTH stance, like your head bobs forward and body upper makes a strong shrug. ?

Good catch. How did it go from 'lunge' to 'pounce'?
I'm also very curious about the alleged "lunge/pounce" incident.

This is a picture of a typical Courtroom layout, just for example.
Circuit Judges - 16th Circuit Court of Jackson County, Missouri
judgesbench.jpg

IMO, The Judge's Bench looks like the Judge is physically sitting a good foot higher than the lawyers and maybe a foot or two away from where a side bar might occur.

Here is my quandary:D. Just how could a judge, seated in a chair, behind the constraints of the large bench and several feet away from the offended defense attorney, either "pounce" or "lunge" at her? The Judge would have had to pull his chair out, rise and then lunge/pounce at the lawyer.

IMO, there was some desperate drama displayed that day, but not by the Judge.

JMO, MOO, etc.

The defense IMO is trying to get the Judge off this trial however they have to do it. JS does not want to be found guilty and he and his defense team are worried that he will be found guilty so they will try anything. JMO

I bet the poor judge wishes there were cameras in the courthouse now.

I refuse to believe Linn pounced at an attorney, it’s so ridiculous. So shifting your upper body towards someone is almost assault? Jaysus, they are getting desperate now, aren’t they?

I'm also very curious about the alleged "lunge/pounce" incident.

This is a picture of a typical Courtroom layout, just for example.
Circuit Judges - 16th Circuit Court of Jackson County, Missouri
judgesbench.jpg

IMO, The Judge's Bench looks like the Judge is physically sitting a good foot higher than the lawyers and maybe a foot or two away from where a side bar might occur.

Here is my quandary:D. Just how could a judge, seated in a chair, behind the constraints of the large bench and several feet away from the offended defense attorney, either "pounce" or "lunge" at her? The Judge would have had to pull his chair out, rise and then lunge/pounce at the lawyer.

IMO, there was some desperate drama displayed that day, but not by the Judge.

JMO, MOO, etc.
Apparently, he wasn't seated at the bench at the time of the alleged lunge/pounce.

Here is the most recent description, they were in a sidebar, to be out of juries sight and hearing:

"Attorneys and the judge huddled in a corner — without a court reporter present. The defense asked Linn for a mistrial based on his characterization of the cross-examination as “collateral.”

“As soon as I made the motion, Judge Linn reacted with shock and seemed to become upset, and at that moment had a reaction to physically So move toward me with the upper portion of his body,” Walker told the Tribune on Friday.

After the sidebar, Linn directed jurors to leave the courtroom, and Walker again asked for a mistrial — this time in open court — because of the collateral comment “as well as your physical actions toward me in the sidebar.”

So looking at your picture above, it seems they would have chosen the corner behind the bench that was the furthest from the jury box. And they literally huddled, like in a football game, so they could speak to each other w/out being heard by the rest of the courtroom.

I bet the poor judge wishes there were cameras in the courthouse now.

I refuse to believe Linn pounced at an attorney, it’s so ridiculous. So shifting your upper body towards someone is almost assault? Jaysus, they are getting desperate now, aren’t they?

And NOW she qualifies it by saying:

On Friday, Walker told The Chicago Tribune she believed Linn’s physical response was spontaneous and not intended to intimidate — perhaps it was even involuntary — but it was shocking all the same.

“I was in disbelief,” she told the Tribune. “… I did not expect that type of reaction (to) me doing my job.”

S
o she now says he was not trying to intimidate her, it was a spontaneous, perhaps involuntary body movement.

So what is the problem then? If he wasn't trying to be intimidating or coercive , what is her reason for wanting a mistrial over it?

I bet you the judge will put a small camera somewhere that will just be for him to use in case she tries to make further accusations of any kind. He cannot be anywhere alone with her and her defense team, even in his chambers, or another set of accusations can pop up anytime.

Absolutely. If they could get him for sending that white powder through the US MAIL and lied to all of his bosses on that production---that would be huge. AND it would then be a slam dunk on this hoax hate crime.

But I don't think they have any solid evidence that he sent it himself because I think the brothers probably did so, at his request.

In my opinion, pure speculation----I think both sides have agreed to leave that can of worms out of the trial altogether.

If Smollett gets a conviction here, even if he only gets a $50 fine, or whatever token punishment he is given, it sets up the government's case for the "White Powder" letter.

That is what I really think is happening here.

The "White Powder" letter has absolutely nothing that ties Smollett to the letter. It was written, mailed by the brothers. No evidence trail to Smollett. However, in this case, there is plenty of circumstantial evidence to indicate Smollett set this up, as a "fake hate crime" to allow him a perfect forum to be a victim and get significant news coverage, ie, publicity, to put him in front of cameras. Getting his name out there.

Smollett definitely accomplished that task. Everyone knows his name.

Chicago Crim Courtroom Pix. Anyone?
.... typical Courtroom layout, just for example. Circuit Judges - 16th Circuit Court of Jackson County, Missouri
judgesbench.jpg

Here is my quandary:D. Just how could a judge, seated in a chair, behind the constraints of the large bench and several feet away from the offended defense attorney, either "pounce" or "lunge" at her? The Judge would have had to pull his chair out, rise and then lunge/pounce at the lawyer....
@Puzzles8 bbm sbm for focus Thx for your post, same questions I have.

Anyone find pix showing the actual Chicago crim courtroom? Showing the bench? Showing where "attorneys & the judge huddled in a corner."* No luck w my searches. TiA.

"W'out a ct. reporter present" per below. But was anyone else in ct room?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members