IL - Adam Toledo, 13, shot and killed by Chicago police officer, 29 Mar 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I truly have never understood it either. I guess I never will. It seems to really be an epidemic to me, and very important issue for everyone.

They are very aware thousands of AAs are shot, and killed every year by AAs,, with thousands more shot, but lived with some left with life long injuries that leaves them debilitated.

From what I have read most are gang related. By the time the police can show up they are either dead, or wounded.

I've often wondered if we could stop or even curtail gang violence every where how low would our overall homicide rate be nationwide.and other related violent crimes related to gangs every where.

I know gangs have infilrated rural areas, medium size towns,and small towns close to where we live. The county next to ours has so much gang violence now the DA there has enhancements for any suspect tied to a gang, and it has a population of ,200k in that county.

So it seems to be spreading. I guess we wouid need to see the DOJ data to see how many violent crimes in total who are gang related nationwide.

Jmho
Chicago-based gangs maintain connections to and influence over gangs in outlying suburban communities (See Appendix E, Map 6). An estimated 70 to 75 gangs with more than 100,000 members reportedly operate within Chicago and have consistently been a concern for law enforcement. In recent years the Chicago Police Department (PD), with assistance from federal and state agencies, has focused its efforts on reducing gang-related crime, which is estimated to account for 70 percent of all crime in the city. The Chicago PD has focused on disrupting 21 gangs it considers to be the greatest threat to the city because of the gangs' large membership, highly organized structure, and violent propensities. The Chicago PD's efforts have resulted in the arrest of many gang leaders and a reduction in violent crime. However, these law enforcement actions have caused gang members to become increasingly mobile, moving freely back and forth between Chicago and suburban communities. Gang movement has resulted in the creation of new gangs or the establishment of new chapters or subsets of the original gangs in suburban communities.
Estimated Gang Membership - Attorney General's Report to Congress on the Growth of Violent Street Gangs in Suburban Areas (UNCLASSIFIED)

What needs to happen in order to fix it , Shotgun?
I could guess massive budgetary resources and better incentives for new recruits and better protection for LE? But what specifically would it take for the Chicago area?

I really wish for a magic answer too! I just know that things are much much worse there. Changes in leadership? Done...nope not the answer...

I really wish for a magic answer too! I just know that things are much much worse there. Changes in leadership? Done...nope not the answer...
Are local people on edge all the time or just so accustomed to it that it almost doesn't phase them?
Friends of my family have a pub there, they seem to be extraordinarily laid back people and I was never able to understand that with all the gun violence and gangs.

I've read that some police departments went on hiring freezes after the 2008 financial crisis. As officers who started in the 1990s to mid 2000s, approach retirement, (some leaving early), there could be a lack of senior, experienced officers in the ranks. That's just what I have read elsewhere, so take it as JMO.
I suppose that could be a good thing if some of the problematic old guard move out, but younger, more inexperienced officers may lack the skills to deal with complex, challenging situations. MOO

ETA: (@kittythehare) the last I heard, my local PD was only 70% staffed. I had friends in the department, but I don't recognize any of the officers I have seen recently.

Last edited:
I've read that some police departments went on hiring freezes after the 2008 financial crisis. As officers who started in the 1990s to mid 2000s, approach retirement, (some leaving early), there could be a lack of senior, experienced officers in the ranks. That's just what I have read elsewhere, so take it as JMO.
I suppose that could be a good thing if some of the problematic old guard move out, but younger, more inexperienced officers may lack the skills to deal with complex, challenging situations. MOO
That's the problem.

Great points, very well made.
I was trying to figure out what circumstances would have needed to exist in order for him to enter that alleyway safely. And I realised the only way he could have done it safely would be if another team of LE were already in the alley or approaching from the other side of the alleyway to give each other cover..
Your post made e realise that those circumstances probably did not and can not exist because of the limitations you have outlined.
Thank you for bringing that clarity.
It's worse than I thought. And it needs to be remedied.

My ex husband was a police officer for ten years before he chose another profession for his long career. He recieved many awards when a PO.

His beat was the night shift by choice. He would get out of his vehicle to make sure the businesses were locked. There were homes in that area as well.

He was on foot always by himself when a man started running down an alley when he saw my ex. Of course he pursued the man who kept running. He pulled his weapon giving all commands for him to stop. When the man knew he had drawn his gun he finally complied.

After he was handcuffed he realized his shirt, and pants had fresh blood on him. He had just raped, and murdered an 81 year old woman who lived alone in a home nearby.
My ex was never afraid to run down a dark alley when it required doing so. It was his sworn duty to protect those he served.

So police officers have been going down dark alleys for decades all alone, but in this day, and time... I agree with you, and no officer should go alone anywhere now.

But they can be murdered anywhere at any time. In recent years an officer who was at a gas station filling up his vehicle, and was murdered by being ambushed. He never saw it coming, but why would he when he was just filling up his police vehicle. He's not the only one. There are so many who've fallen in the line of duty in recent years alone. Such has the five Dallas Texas police officers who were murdered in cold blood by ambush when protecting a BLM protest with many others shot, and injured. Iirc the mass shooter injured 11 more officers.

So they know they can be shot no matter where they are or what they are doing.

Jmho

Last edited:
It all starts at home. I know that sounds so simplistic. Children must believe they can accomplish their tasks and goals by learning. Believing they can learn. Sticking with it. Tenacity. Education with a strong moral compass instilled by family. Strong families banding together creates an army of strength.

It all starts at home. I know that sounds so simplistic. Children must believe they can accomplish their tasks and goals by learning. Believing they can learn. Sticking with it. Tenacity. Education with a strong moral compass instilled by family. Strong families banding together creates an army of strength.
It does but third generation unemployment and addiction is the norm in a lot of countries... there is simply nobody home for those children but they keep having children they cannot or will not take care of.
I remember watching a documentary entitled the grandmothers of the addicts or something similar and it was all about that..they just never had a chance if there was nobody to step in and frequently there simply was nobody.
The children were left to fend for themselves in a drug culture and socio economically deprived- they were doing drug themselves before their 8th birthdays...

It does but third generation unemployment and addiction is the norm in a lot of countries... there is simply nobody home for those children but they keep having children they cannot or will not take care of.
I remember watching a documentary entitled the grandmothers of the addicts or something similar and it was all about that..they just never had a chance if there was nobody to step in and frequently there simply was nobody.
The children were left to fend for themselves in a drug culture and socio economically deprived- they were doing drug themselves before their 8th birthdays...

Before the pandemic hit in January 2019 unemployment was very low. The AAs employment rate was the highest it's been in many many decades. Still businesses had six million jobs available unfilled then needing employees to fill all of those million of job positions.

I don't know about other countries, but here it is AA grandmothers does often raise the children.

AA grandmothers are the backbone of their families, and the wonderful grandmothers who so often winds up raising their grandchildren no matter how many she has to raise. I know they do because two of my friends have raised theirs since they were little toddlers. One wasn't because of any addiction she had. She simply didn't want the burden of taking care of them. Once in her care the children have done very well.

God bless all of these special grandmothers who does the right thing for children when their parents will not.

I've seen many speak out in the media over te years, and the love they express for the grandmothers who raised them is so heartwarming. It shows how so many grandmothers are cherished, and highly respected.

Jmo

Chicago-based gangs maintain connections to and influence over gangs in outlying suburban communities (See Appendix E, Map 6). An estimated 70 to 75 gangs with more than 100,000 members reportedly operate within Chicago and have consistently been a concern for law enforcement. In recent years the Chicago Police Department (PD), with assistance from federal and state agencies, has focused its efforts on reducing gang-related crime, which is estimated to account for 70 percent of all crime in the city. The Chicago PD has focused on disrupting 21 gangs it considers to be the greatest threat to the city because of the gangs' large membership, highly organized structure, and violent propensities. The Chicago PD's efforts have resulted in the arrest of many gang leaders and a reduction in violent crime. However, these law enforcement actions have caused gang members to become increasingly mobile, moving freely back and forth between Chicago and suburban communities. Gang movement has resulted in the creation of new gangs or the establishment of new chapters or subsets of the original gangs in suburban communities.
Estimated Gang Membership - Attorney General's Report to Congress on the Growth of Violent Street Gangs in Suburban Areas (UNCLASSIFIED)

Thanks for link. It's very informative. It explains why gangs have infilrated many areas all the way down in my home state of Georgia which is far away. :(

Jmho

@oceanblueeyes, Simone Biles was born into difficult circumstances, but thankfully, her grandparents stepped in, and look at what she has gone on to achieve! :)

I know, isn't it wonderful what love, security, solid foundation, and structure can do?

And thank God there are so many just like these grandparents.

Jmho

Cook County S.A. Kim Foxx. Manager? Credibility?
"Foxx has placed veteran prosecutor Jim Murphy on administrative leave ... because,... Murphy “failed to fully present the facts” during a bond hearing ..."
"Foxx acknowledged Murphy’s punishment — and the possibility his supervisors may be similarly held accountable — has impacted morale in the state’s attorney’s office.”
“...make sure that we’re as transparent as we need to be and take responsibility” for mistakes."
"...Foxx categorically denied Murphy was being thrown under the bus to minimize the political heat Foxx is getting from Hispanic community leaders ..." sbm bbm

As Captain Bligh said in Mutiny on the Bounty movie: 'The beatings will continue until the morale improves.'

Foxx, ^ claimed transparency? She said "as transparent as we need to be" not "as transparent as we should be."
Credibility? Like her handling of Jussie Smollet & 2019 alleged hate crime hoax w noose & two guys in MAGA hats?
** She purportedly recused self but maintained control of case? my2ct.

Jussie Smollett alleged assault case. "... Recusing herself would have required Foxx to ask the court to appoint an outside attorney as a special prosecutor. Critics called her method of recusal insufficient, saying that because her office retained authority over the case, she maintained influence over how it was handled." In Mar 2019 her office dropped all charges against Smollett..."
Her actions were denounced by Mayor Rahm Emanuel & Police Superintendent Eddie T. Johnson... was also criticized by Illinois Prosecutors Bar Association & National District Attorneys Association..."
Kim Foxx - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Cook County S.A. Kim Foxx. Manager? Credibility?
"Foxx has placed veteran prosecutor Jim Murphy on administrative leave ... because,... Murphy “failed to fully present the facts” during a bond hearing ..."
"Foxx acknowledged Murphy’s punishment — and the possibility his supervisors may be similarly held accountable — has impacted morale in the state’s attorney’s office.”
“...make sure that we’re as transparent as we need to be and take responsibility” for mistakes."
"...Foxx categorically denied Murphy was being thrown under the bus to minimize the political heat Foxx is getting from Hispanic community leaders ..." sbm bbm

As Captain Bligh said in Mutiny on the Bounty movie: 'The beatings will continue until the morale improves.'

Foxx, ^ claimed transparency? She said "as transparent as we need to be" not "as transparent as we should be."
Credibility? Like her handling of Jussie Smollet & 2019 alleged hate crime hoax w noose & two guys in MAGA hats?
** She purportedly recused self but maintained control of case? my2ct.

Jussie Smollett alleged assault case. "... Recusing herself would have required Foxx to ask the court to appoint an outside attorney as a special prosecutor. Critics called her method of recusal insufficient, saying that because her office retained authority over the case, she maintained influence over how it was handled." In Mar 2019 her office dropped all charges against Smollett..."
Her actions were denounced by Mayor Rahm Emanuel & Police Superintendent Eddie T. Johnson... was also criticized by Illinois Prosecutors Bar Association & National District Attorneys Association..."
Kim Foxx - Wikipedia
She literally says that Her name is on the door and acknowledges she is responsible for what comes out of "our" office and that she will "own it". I believe she even said it was her duty to know exactly what was going to be said in that statement he made ... and then she absolves herself of blame and places this guy on leave. She is a joke.

She literally says that Her name is on the door and acknowledges she is responsible for what comes out of "our" office and that she will "own it". I believe she even said it was her duty to know exactly what was going to be said in that statement he made ... and then she absolves herself of blame and places this guy on leave. She is a joke.

Morning all!

Foxx is not as sly as a Fox.

Imo, everyone can see through her fakery.

Foxx is all about Foxx, and no one else matters.

Yes, she threw this man under the bus.

Jmho

And part of that love, IMO, is routine, consistency, boundaries, positive reinforcement, empathy, and seeking help from others if needed.

It's a tough world out there :(
Great post!

I remember years ago there used to be an ad that was played on television every night at 10pm right before the news. It said:

''It's 10 O'clock. Do you know where your child is?''

The death of 13-year-old Adam Toledo might well have made international headlines on March 29, 2021 – the day he was shot and killed by a police officer – had the emerging narrative been different.

Instead, early news reports of the incident relied on a police statement which said Toledo died in an “armed confrontation.” An image of a gunrecovered at the scene was also released. During a bond hearing for the man who had been with Toledo when the chase began, prosecutors said a gun was in Toledo’s hand when police shot him dead.

Body camera footage released a full two weeks later now casts doubt on the accuracy of that narrative. A short video clip shows a chase which ends with Toledo turning his body toward the officer, arms raised. There is no gun is his hands when the shot is fired.

The Cook County state’s attorney’s office has since said the prosecutor “failed to fully inform himself” before speaking. Others go further, saying the prosecutor lied.

Either way, the body camera footage shifted the narrative...
When It Comes to Police Sources, Journalists Do Not Always Display Appropriate Skepticism

Age of Unidentified?
13-year-old Adam Toledo.
"The incident report listed Toledo as a “John Doe” and between the ages of 18 and 25 – and thus failed to reveal that Toledo was a child."*
Is that a reason for article's author to claim or conclude LE deliberately misled, even lied?
Maybe LE knowingly skewed the age, but as there was no I.D., I don't know if they did. my2ct.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nat Dru
Back