Found Deceased IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *Arrests* - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she will easily give up rights. She’s got a lifetime struggle ahead of her, I think.
If she has been transferred to a hospital would we even know?

She’ll never get out unless there’s a miracle. If she does, the children will be either old enough to make a decision whether to see her, or solidly living with a family and potentially uninterested in having a relationship with killer mom.

If she’s in a hospital, I don’t care. I care about her baby being born safely and subsequently cared for. But I don’t care anything about the parents as long as they remain locked up. They need to stay locked up. There should have been no bond set IMO, even though it’s highly unlikely either could make it.

I know earluer I suggested opiates or opioid abuse & some disputed, thinking she gravitated towards meth. After working with drug court, one look at her screamed Ops’ to me.
If true she runs in arms, legs, feet (maybe other areas) she’s got a big problem. Idk if the jail has an infirmary, but I will not be surprised if she ends up hospitalized.
Jmo

yes. while high she was prob mellow but when she DT'd she prob was short and angry and that is when the abuse likely occurred.

From the first link: There’s never been a safer time to be a kid in America by
By Christopher Ingraham
April 14, 2015 - https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...america/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.cbd6defc017b

Mr. Christopher Ingraham can expect some documented reports to the contrary early next week. (Contact info easy to find)

I don't find the information in the following links to be true. I want all of you to know what we are up against in trying to get the attention of potential game changers in child "protection".
The first is an op-ed but since people generally like to be spoon-fed info and rarely question the print, it shows how easy it is to deceive.
The most frightening force is actually the US Department of Justice. I guess they only compile he stats given by the slackers at the local "protective" services.

This link is frightening on many levels. They are very slow in updating their statistics. Again, those government jobs..... PAGE 6 of SPECIAL INTEREST:
https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htus8008.pdf

Oh, they will know. She will go with a guard, hand cuffed. She will be guarded 24/7 unless she is a medical prison facility. I think she will still be at the local jail when she delivers.
Well of course. But I mean right now, is the jail capable of caring for her? Idk what type of infirmary they have, or staff. I’ll look at jail site.

Another time DCFS found the allegations unfounded. I would certainly like to know what it takes to find an allegation founded. FFS!!!!
  • DCFS investigated allegations of neglect by JC and AF, but concluded they were unfounded. The mother agreed to re-enter treatment.
I think a child has to die before they can be founded.
MOO

Does common sense just go out the window?? After so many reports, did they not think where there’s smoke there’s usually a fire? It just boggles my mind! Neighbors called. Relatives called. A picture of AJ clearly shows facial injuries!! Whether their hands were tied or they just didn’t give a damn, it doesn't matter. I know they’re overworked and underfunded but come on!! I’m sick of hearing it!! It HAS to change!!
Police reports too.

OMG I hope they didn’t leave him alone to die! But I bet they did.....they don’t care, only about their drugs. These ‘parents’ are so flippin cruel and I just want to throttle both of them. I was so sad when I read that ‘mom’ left her oldest son alone when he was sick, with no food or medicine. I mean, FGS, what ‘mother’ can do that to her child? I guess her leaving A.J. to die alone will not surprise me either.

I swore after Lucas’s case I would stop following these cases but here I am again. Here we all are, thankfully. We care.

I'm choosing to believe he wasn't alone. I want to believe that his parents did leave him. Put him in bed and left him home alone, with Lucy. That is what I'm going to believe, that he died with a doggie by his side.

It sounds like Grandma plans to take both little brother and baby sister. (Actually sounds like P is already with family.)

Even if they are financially okay adding two more children isn't cheap. P will need long term therapy I'm sure. I hope they do similar to what Jayme has, a fund for P's use if needed later. Then it's well tracked and there won't be accusations about the money later.

Though big brother and grandma do approve of it. For what's it's worth.

Thanks for posting. Where AJ? She sounds high. Same drugged out voice when Rachelle Bond posted vids of little Bella.

I couldn’t watch this earlier at work but I don’t think she sounds bad at all in the video. She almost sounds normal, patient and kind. Sick how she was like this with P and not AJ. And even more sick if this was her after what she did to AJ

Just saw this, FWIW. It was updated earlier today...

Authorities Came to Slain Boy's Home 17 Times Before Parents Allegedly Beat Him to Death
The body of A.J. Freund was found buried in a shallow grave on Wednesday
BySteve Helling

April 26, 2019 03:36 PM
Time and again, authorities came to the home where 5-year-old Andrew ‘A.J.” Freund lived with his parents.
Caseworkers had long been familiar with the family. When A.J. was born in 2013 with opiates in his system, he was removed from the home. According to the Chicago Tribune, he was returned to his parents in 2015.
[...]
As the tragedy has unfolded, many have questioned why the boy was allowed to stay in deplorable conditions.
“I got the sense from what I read that the cops were essentially begging [DCFS] to take the child,” state Rep. Sara Feigenholtz, a Chicago Democrat who chairs the House Adoption and Child Welfare Committee, told the Associated Press. “There were so many calls made, so many signs of trouble and still nothing was done.”

Authorities Came to Slain Boy's Home 17 Times Before Parents Allegedly Beat Him to Death

I know earluer I suggested opiates or opioid abuse & some disputed, thinking she gravitated towards meth. After working with drug court, one look at her screamed Ops’ to me.
If true she runs in arms, legs, feet (maybe other areas) she’s got a big problem. Idk if the jail has an infirmary, but I will not be surprised if she ends up hospitalized.
Jmo

Whatever drug she abuses I hope that when she detoxes from it and when she will no longer be able to self-medicate I hope she takes a long hard look in the mirror she sees herself as we see her.

BySteve Helling

Time and again, authorities came to the home where 5-year-old Andrew ‘A.J.” Freund lived with his parents.
Caseworkers had long been familiar with the family. When A.J. was born in 2013 with opiates in his system, he was removed from the home. According to the Chicago Tribune, he was returned to his parents in 2015.
[...]
As the tragedy has unfolded, many have questioned why the boy was allowed to stay in deplorable conditions.
“I got the sense from what I read that the cops were essentially begging [DCFS] to take the child,” state Rep. Sara Feigenholtz, a Chicago Democrat who chairs the House Adoption and Child Welfare Committee, told the Associated Press. “There were so many calls made, so many signs of trouble and still nothing was done.”

17 times and he was only in the home since 2015, a little over 3 years is my take. Also, I believe it was in January (may be wrong) when the cops showed up and there had been no power/electricity in the home for awhile and I think mom told the cops "they" had been staying in a motel some of the time. To me that alone, no electricity, is just cause to remove the children from the home. I checked weather in Crystal Lake Ill. and it appears it is below freezing a lot of the time in January. I think DCFS replied that a "utility issue" wasn't reason enough to go out there and check conditions or welfare of the children. That is not acceptable, IMO.

Well of course. But I mean right now, is the jail capable of caring for her? Idk what type of infirmary they have, or staff. I’ll look at jail site.

Yes, she is 7 weeks not the 7 months previously report. They will take her to all her Dr. visits, the ER if she has an emergent need, most will provide prenatal medication. Most jails have a nurse or EMT on staff and will not hesitate to call 911 and transport to ER, w/guard. It's a huge investigation/bad press to have a jail death.

I've had oxygen, CPAP, breathing treatments, wheelchairs and medications in the local jails. It depends on if the incarcerated person or family can afford to pay. All insurances stop paying during incarceration. Some jails have slush funds to pay for meds. Hospitals and Dr's get stuck on the bills, they are never paid. Medicaid may have some special coverage for pregnancy, that I'm not aware of, but it cancels on the first of month of incarceration.

Yes, she is 7 weeks not the 7 months previously report. They will take her to all her Dr. visits, the ER if she has an emergent need, most will provide prenatal medication. Most jails have a nurse or EMT on staff and will not hesitate to call 911 and transport to ER, w/guard. It's a huge investigation/bad press to have a jail death.

I've had oxygen, CPAP, breathing treatments, wheelchairs and medications in the local jails. It depends on if the incarcerated person or family can afford to pay. All insurances stop paying during incarceration. Some jails have slush funds to pay for meds. Hospitals and Dr's get stuck on the bills, they are never paid. Medicaid may have some special coverage for pregnancy, that I'm not aware of, but it cancels on the first of month of incarceration.

It is a large jail, I don’t see an infirmary. It is possible she will need hospitalization to detox.

BySteve Helling

[...]

Now the cops imply they begged. What about taking the complaint to a higher level. We all do that. I order a burger and they being me a chicken sandwich and refuse to being my burger. I'm a gonna ask for the manager and raise holy he!!. If I still don't get my burger, I'll call the owner, regional manager. Most if us would.

They are cops, for heaven sake they know or should know how to create a stink. They have a boss, and he has a boss, bet the policy manual says ...take to a higher level when an issue can not be resolved. They didn't because its all day every day, there are so many AJs out there. Its just routine.

He!!, they all failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member