Found Deceased IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *Arrests* - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The skin on his scalp and face looks red and irritated. Lice? Hives? Exema?

A mom in the neighborhood said she only had contact with them on Halloween, and at that point, he looked even worse. The mom said she thought he was dressed as a mummy, but JC responded that he "accidentally" spilled scalding water on himself. Apparently the pics are from Dec. 2017, so at least one month AFTER the burns (no documentation of the injury of course, but I believe the story now that I am seeing the photos)

A mom in the neighborhood said she only had contact with them on Halloween, and at that point, he looked even worse. The mom said she thought he was dressed as a mummy, but JC responded that he "accidentally" spilled scalding water on himself. Apparently the pics are from Dec. 2017, so at least one month AFTER the burns (no documentation of the injury of course, but I believe the story now that I am seeing the photos)

OMG, Hot AND cold water torture...

A dream come true osu - we can hope! If that happens, the DCFS books would be open to their financial shortcomings (don't they all say that?) I predict a lot of mismanagement of funds and UNDERqualified employees. May it happen before another tragedy.

Illinois investigates every child injury or death by an interdisciplinary team. The newest report list 97 cases. They review and make recommendations. Each case is listed in detail, list actions taken and any failure in the system. All child protective service workers are licensed by the state and can be criminal prosecuted.

Reading this report is like a very detailed version of WS. The cases are horrific, massive amount of follow up, chasing after the families, physicians that can't commit to physical abuse or determine if it is abuse related. Dirty, filth homes, which is NOT illegal. No laws on filth that I can find. Multiple agencies involved with tying to fix parents that don't care. Thousands spent in mental health, parenting classes-they don't show up for, physician visits, paying for house cleaning, new furniture, etc. BUT, state law and attorney's for parents protect their RIGHT to these kids. It would take a small army to oversee these parents on a daily basis. One,case, the worker was doing unannounced follow,up, everything looked find and hours later the infant was dead, they hid her in a building and set it on fire.

We can not watch and oversee these parents 24/7. We do not have laws that prevent who they associate with, we do not have physicians that can say beyond a shadow of doubt the bruise was inflicted by the parent. That's what happen in AJs case, the Dr couldn't say what caused the bruise. Dr's are not trained in forensic medicine, they treat injuries and can sometimes tell, but a good attorney will question... Is he trained in determining cause.

Its all a legal nightmare.

AJs parents are to blame!!! They beat him to death, they did drugs, they did not clean the house, they knew to stay just shy of the law.

Last edited:

Yes, and on Halloween the other mom said his arms and hands were all bandaged up. She thought he was dressed up as a mummy.

JMO

Last edited:
I am surprised they didn’t run. Why hang around for days, then report AJ missing? They were supposed to have been out of the foreclosed house, so no one would have thought it strange to see them leave. They were estranged from family, etc…

I always knew I needed to do more but I didn’t know how. Because of this case I talked to a friend and she guided me towards becoming a local CASA volunteer. I had never heard of this before and if you haven’t either I encourage you to research it. This link is to the nationwide site and can guide you to your local offices on how to help. Being even just an advocate and helping even ONE child is something I can make time for. If anyone has any insight on whether this is a good program or not please let me know!

https://casaforchildren.org/advocate-for-children/be-a-casa-volunteer/

Another case in Florida prompted passage of

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/294723-chris-latvalas-jordans-law-easily-clears-florida-house

Jordan’s Law (HB 315) is named for Jordan Belliveau, the 2-year-old Largo boy whose body was found in the woods behind the Largo Sports Complex after his mother, Charisse Stinson, struck him in the head and left him for dead last year.

The boy’s death came just 24 hours after caseworkers warned Stinson her son would again be removed from her care if she did not straighten up her act.

Had law enforcement and caseworkers been more aware of problems, and had Jordan not been returned to his parents’ care in the first place, his death might have been avoided, Rep. Chris Latvala told Florida Politics when he first authored the bill.

Jordan’s law would set a 15 child minimum caseload for child welfare workers “when possible” to ensure more attentive services. It would also streamline child abuse reporting between caseworkers and law enforcement to better ensure at
risk children are protected from potentially dangerous caretakers.

A bandaid for a bleeding artery.

It stated 15 max caseload, WHEN POSSIBLE. Its not possible or probable. Folks are not lining up for these jobs, the pay is low, the liability is huge, the conditions horrific, and the burn out rate is huge.

Last edited:
Illinois investigates every child injury or death by an interdisciplinary team. The newest report list 97 cases. They review and make recommendations. Each case is listed in detail, list actions taken and any failure in the system. All child protective service workers are licensed by the state and can be criminal prosecuted.

Reading this report is like a very detailed version of WS. The cases are horrific, massive amount of follow up, chasing after the families, physicians that can't commit to physical abuse or determine if it is abuse related. Dirty, filth homes, which is NOT illegal. No laws in filth that I can find. Multiple agencies involved with tying to fix parents that don't care. Thousands spent in mental health, parenting classes-they don't show up for, physician visits, paying for house cleaning, new furniture, etc. BUT, state law and attorney's for parents protect their RIGHT to these kids. It would take a small army to oversee these parents on a daily basis. One,case, the worker was doing unannounced follow,up, everything looked find and hours later the infant was dead, they hid her in a building and set it on fire.

We can not watch and oversee these parents 24/7. We do not have laws that prevent who they associate with, we do not have physicians that can say beyond a shadow of doubt the bruise was inflicted by the parent. That's what happen in AJs case, the Dr couldn't say what caused the bruise. Dr's are not trained in forensic medicine, they treat injuries and can sometimes tell, but a good attorney will question... Is he trained in determining cause.

AJs parents are to blame!!! They beat him to death, they did drugs, they did not clean the house, they knew to say just shy of the law.
So well said! Also the report doesn’t detail all the parents and families that are working the system and doing what they are supposed to do and benefiting from the counseling and getting off drugs. What a rough situation with no easy answer or solution. I would never want to work for DCFS. I think that goes for most folks as well, so how can I bad mouth someone who is overworked and underpaid doing a job I would never do in a million years? There has to be a better solution.

Chicago's child services is horrible. This winter 10 children left alone overnight died in a fire. Their Mom's had had MULTIPLE visits from child services due to neglect complaints.State child services 'missed opportunities' to help family before Little Village fire killed 10: Inspector general Another very recent case, a 2-year-old beaten to death. The child worker said he was fine and safe, and later stated that she never saw him in the home. DCFS investigating caseworker who said 2-year-old was safe, days before boy was beaten to death Another toddler murdered and left under a couch to decompose living in a house with up to 15 squatters, had a visit HOURS before her murder by child services. Cause of Death Released for Toddler Semaj Crosby

Long time reader but I don't post very often. This case is hitting me extra hard. AJ was just 6 days older than my youngest son, my baby. He is my little sidekick since older brother and sister are 10 and 7 years older. He goes everywhere with me and cuddles in bed with me each evening. This age is such a sweet age, where they are learning and exploring their world. My heart absolutely breaks for AJ and what he had to endure for his short little life. I can't stand the thought of anything scaring my sweet little boy, let alone me doing it myself. And to physically hurt him in anyway... that's not even comprehendible. The only good that comes out of me following these cases is that I cherish my little ones even more, hug them tighter every day and make the most of every moment I have them. I am also more aware of other kids when out in public or hanging out with other families. I would be the first to step up and say something if I thought a little one was being mistreated or something was suspicious. If it saves a life I wouldn't care if the parents got angry or didn't speak to me. You can never be too safe these days and it looks like sometimes we have to take matters into our own hands.
My heart is just broken for AJ. As I cuddled my little guy in bed last night I prayed for his family that did love him and his brothers. I just can't stop thinking about that little angel.

Reading this report is like a very detailed version of WS. The cases are horrific, massive amount of follow up, chasing after the families, physicians that can't commit to physical abuse or determine if it is abuse related. Dirty, filth homes, which is NOT illegal. No laws in filth that I can find. Multiple agencies involved with tying to fix parents that don't care. Thousands spent in mental health, parenting classes-they don't show up for, physician visits, paying for house cleaning, new furniture, etc. BUT, state law and attorney's for parents protect their RIGHT to these kids. It would take a small army to oversee these parents on a daily basis. One,case, the worker was doing unannounced follow,up, everything looked find and hours later the infant was dead, they hid her in a building and set it on fire.

AJs parents are to blame!!! They beat him to death, they did drugs, they did not clean the house, they knew to say just shy of the law.

I agree 100%.

I am surprised they didn’t run. Why hang around for days, then report AJ missing? They were supposed to have been out of the foreclosed house, so no one would have thought it strange to see them leave. They were estranged from family, etc…

Perhaps they hoped to set up a fund to help find their missing son.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Watercolor611