Found Deceased IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *Arrests* - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am surprised they didn’t run. Why hang around for days, then report AJ missing? They were supposed to have been out of the foreclosed house, so no one would have thought it strange to see them leave. They were estranged from family, etc…

That's exactly what my husband keeps asking......they should have been evicted 2 weeks prior. Could have disappeared and never reported it. I thank God they made the report, for little P and baby-to-be.

So well said! Also the report doesn’t detail all the parents and families that are working the system and doing what they are supposed to do and benefiting from the counseling and getting off drugs. What a rough situation with no easy answer or solution. I would never want to work for DCFS. I think that goes for most folks as well, so how can I bad mouth someone who is overworked and underpaid doing a job I would never do in a million years? There has to be a better solution.

No this report is based on injury and death only. It is an oversite committee.

I would welcome a report from any state that listed a success rate vs parental failure.

I get the sense that because AF was from removed from his parents at only one month age, neither parent formed a bond with him, and when they gained custody at age 2, he really couldn't bond with these strangers. It wasn't as if he was going into an enriched environment. He has only one year with them and then a new child arrives and he is further shunted away from their attention, and affection. Looking at the hotel pool video, it looks to me like that child is getting fed more than marshmallows and water.

Responsible parents who refused to let drugs run their lives could have turned this all around and given this child safety and security.

But with these two, he had no chance. I suspect we'll find out that she was the one who perpetrated most of the final abuse. We might not be able to believe either one of their stories.

I definitely agree that there was likely a lack of parental bonding with AJ. I went down a facebook rabbit hole last night. God bless JC's family, it appears they tried to help and stay involved. I can only imagine how deeply painful this is for them all. There are pictures at the hospital after PF's birth (no pictures on anyone's page of AJ's birth). JC looks so healthy, polar opposite of how she looks today. That would have been the period she was not only pregnant, but trying to regain custody of AJ. Seeing those photo's also indicate IMO, in this current pregnancy she has been using and has not been clean. Dramatic difference in appearance.

Something else also stuck me. Joann had AB at age 17. There were no other children until after he was removed from her custody at age 12. AJ was born in October or November 2013 and removed at birth. She got pregnant with PF in March 2014, he was born in December. Come forward to current, she and Freund are not together anymore in a relationship sense, despite still living in the same house. Lot's of financial issues, may not have a place to live. Various interactions with LE & DCFS. Perhaps she senses she is going to lose AJ & PF, and the cycle repeats itself. She is pregnant again but not by Freund. Does she try to replace what she has lost or perceives to lose? I guess I am over-reaching, in my nature to search for the "why".

I am surprised they didn’t run. Why hang around for days, then report AJ missing? They were supposed to have been out of the foreclosed house, so no one would have thought it strange to see them leave. They were estranged from family, etc…
I thoight the same thing; Maybe that speaks to how lazy and or dumb they were.

Chicago's child services is horrible. This winter 10 children left alone overnight died in a fire. Their Mom's had had MULTIPLE visits from child services due to neglect complaints.State child services 'missed opportunities' to help family before Little Village fire killed 10: Inspector general Another very recent case, a 2-year-old beaten to death. The child worker said he was fine and safe, and later stated that she never saw him in the home. DCFS investigating caseworker who said 2-year-old was safe, days before boy was beaten to death Another toddler murdered and left under a couch to decompose living in a house with up to 15 squatters, had a visit HOURS before her murder by child services. Cause of Death Released for Toddler Semaj Crosby

We, the family, the neighbors, CPS can NOT watch these folks 24/7. We should not be expected nor held accountable when the laws and attorney's protect the parents. States have mandates to KEEP families together and reform them. There is not enough eyes to oversee this abuse.

I read the actual report on the cases referenced. The workers were seeing these families several times per week, trying to work within the system they are dealt.

If we crucify the system, then no one will work there.

There’s an article above that says PF was removed from the home the day AJ was reported missing for allegations of neglect. Could be because of the suspicion around AJ, but also wonder if they knew DCFS was coming that morning and needed to account for AJ not being there...

We, the family, the neighbors, CPS can NOT watch these folks 24/7. We should not be expected nor held accountable when the laws and attorney's protect the parents. States have mandates to KEEP families together and reform them. There is not enough eyes to oversee this abuse.

I read the actual report on the cases referenced. The workers were seeing these families several times per week, trying to work within the system they are dealt.

If we crucify the system, then no one will work there.

Exactly why I am interested in the CASA volunteer program. If I can help even a little alleviate some of the work and help a child, I am in.

There’s an article above that says PF was removed from the home the day AJ was reported missing for allegations of neglect. Could be because of the suspicion around AJ, but also wonder if they knew DCFS was coming that morning and needed to account for AJ not being there...

But they waited days to report him missing, during which time no one suspected anything. They brought the attention onto themselves by reporting it. Anyone has to know the story made no sense, it took them 3 days to hatch that genius story that he just vanished into thin air? They could have left the state and gotten a month-long head start, no one would be looking for them. They would have been seen as running from the foreclosure at worst. They could have blended into any crack house, the typical American family of 60-year old disbarred coke-head attorney, 30-year younger pregnant junkie mom and a small child. No one would have suspected they had just murdered one child and dumped him in a shallow grave.

I definitely agree that there was likely a lack of parental bonding with AJ. I went down a facebook rabbit hole last night. God bless JC's family, it appears they tried to help and stay involved. I can only imagine how deeply painful this is for them all. There are pictures at the hospital after PF's birth (no pictures on anyone's page of AJ's birth). JC looks so healthy, polar opposite of how she looks today. That would have been the period she was not only pregnant, but trying to regain custody of AJ. Seeing those photo's also indicate IMO, in this current pregnancy she has been using and has not been clean. Dramatic difference in appearance.

Something else also stuck me. Joann had AB at age 17. There were no other children until after he was removed from her custody at age 12. AJ was born in October or November 2013 and removed at birth. She got pregnant with PF in March 2014, he was born in December. Come forward to current, she and Freund are not together anymore in a relationship sense, despite still living in the same house. Lot's of financial issues, may not have a place to live. Various interactions with LE & DCFS. Perhaps she senses she is going to lose AJ & PF, and the cycle repeats itself. She is pregnant again but not by Freund. Does she try to replace what she has lost or perceives to lose? I guess I am over-reaching, in my nature to search for the "why".
Glad to know there was family intervention but feel so sad for the grandmother.

A mom in the neighborhood said she only had contact with them on Halloween, and at that point, he looked even worse. The mom said she thought he was dressed as a mummy, but JC responded that he "accidentally" spilled scalding water on himself. Apparently the pics are from Dec. 2017, so at least one month AFTER the burns (no documentation of the injury of course, but I believe the story now that I am seeing the photos)
WTH? 'Accidently spilled scalding water on himself'.
Bloody Hell it just gets worse,and worse.
MOO .

SMH.
There ought ought to be criminal charges against everyone involved in Andrew being placed back there,and the continued willful ignorance. From the top,down.
DCSF,Lawyers,Judges.
Who is the DA?

Don't ya think, they wanted to remove AJ ? They tried, the Dr. could not state the bruise was from abuse, should she be charged?
The mother that saw the bandages at Halloween said nothing? Should she be charged, as well?

The opioid crisis is out of control, grandparents, sisters and bothers are raising the kids of thousands of kids because of this. We as a community are forced to watch over these kids, we lose sleep, give money, report hungry dirty kids. The parents are given probation, after probation for drug offenses.

Everyone wants to sue, the state, foster parents, CPS, LE but I do not hear one law maker jumping up to change the definition of child abuse or passing increased laws for neglect. He!!, a filthy home is not illegal.

Neglect is the first sign of child abuse and its down hill from there. Why no laws for ..Parents must provide a clean home? We don't cause civil rights lawyers would be al over this.

JMO I am leaning toward JC being the primary violent attacker given her additional charges. And I am leaning toward AFsr, with his education and skills, knowing he was just as much responsible for failing to protect, so he wrapped the little one AF in plastic, put him in the trunk, and buried him, leading to his different charges. Could be all wrong IDK.

I also lean toward JC being the primary attacker/abuser.

Exactly why I am interested in the CASA volunteer program. If I can help even a little alleviate some of the work and help a child, I am in.

I admire you for joining the boots on the ground team!!!

I've lost faith in the legal system. I just try everyday, to make a positive impact with kids. My law makers don't even want to talk about child abuse, they are all focused on solving the opioid crisis. Which require millions in studies. Its simple provide inpatient rehab.,lock them up if you can't, but for goodness sake stop them from abusing kids, stealing, and murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Exam_Dumps