Found Deceased IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *Arrests* - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As to whether the Dispatcher said, "what's the child's name" vs. "what did the child say,"AF replies by giving AJ's name and the dispatcher then requests the spelling of the last name. So from context I think it's clear they were asking for the name.

Everyday in court is a field trip. Sunshine and fresh air.

In the state I am in and most counties that surround me, they get neither. The jails are connected to the courthouse. There is even a private hallway generally and I doubt they even see windows for a glimpse outside. I am all for that.

I do not know if it is that way in this county in Illinois but I sure hope so.

I’ve been reading the Inspector Generals Report for 2018 and its very unsettling. I’m only about a third of the way thru the case studies and I have to take a break because it’s so depressing. Aside from a few cases of MVAs and cases that appear to be SIDS, there were obvious repeat reports and clear signs of abuse and/or neglect. Even the SIDS cases are probably questionable, seeing as a parent or caregiver had been previously reported to DCFS. There are many cases of infant death by supposed co-sleeping.

Too many times the caseworkers take the parent(s) at their word. MDs decline to definitively state an injury was caused by abuse. A parent swears they’ll clean up their act and there’s no follow up. Parents are told to take themselves and/or the child for follow-up Dr and Psych visits and they don’t. There are obvious discrepancies between what LE states are deplorable conditions and a caseworker saying there’s nothing amiss. There are parents leaving children with babysitters who become easy scapegoats for their own inflicted abuse and/or neglect or blatantly unfit babysitters abusing the children themselves. Reports are deemed “unfounded” and “expunged” over and over again. And drugs, drugs and more drugs!!

I guess it’s easy for me to sit here and say that there is a system-wide failure. A lot of educated people, who are probably smarter and far more knowledgeable than I am, are managing these agencies. Why are there so many cases “falling thru the cracks” ? 98 child deaths in families who have recently been investigated by DCFS are 98 preventable deaths too many!! Parents who have repeatedly demonstrated an inability to care for their children, have children placed back in their care! There appears to be a lot of ineffective and inefficient redundancy. This system has to be taken apart and scrutinized at every level and reassembled to benefit the children they’re supposed to be serving and protecting. This BS of reunification at all costs has far too high a price tag!!

I’m reposting this photos again in case someone missed these. It looks like AJ has lumps and knots all over Hs face and head plus all the bald spots with no hair. Bless this child.

Attachments

• 26CEE0CB-0902-4FC1-AFB2-A10852753953.jpeg
    26CEE0CB-0902-4FC1-AFB2-A10852753953.jpeg
    48.6 KB · Views: 101
  • 9D385012-3DC6-4AEC-A7F5-CF1A8DB5430A.jpeg
    9D385012-3DC6-4AEC-A7F5-CF1A8DB5430A.jpeg
    45.9 KB · Views: 95
  • 1B0D3878-BC2B-4AC3-B9B5-7C72C70050C2.jpeg
    1B0D3878-BC2B-4AC3-B9B5-7C72C70050C2.jpeg
    47.5 KB · Views: 99
In the state I am in and most counties that surround me, they get neither. The jails are connected to the courthouse. There is even a private hallway generally and I doubt they even see windows for a glimpse outside. I am all for that.

I do not know if it is that way in this county in Illinois but I sure hope so.

Here, they appear by cctv from cell, if possible, lol. No field trips. I’m not opposed to outings, it gives the perp an up close glimpse to how hated he/she is with bystanders yelling profanities at them.

I’m surprised these idiots took pictures of their abuse.
Like I mentioned earlier, our drug court psych’ explained to me, they don’t see what we see. I pretty much believe they see what they want. Where we see utter filth, they see normalcy. The brain of an addict is like a TV with one channel. As soon as they hit euphoria, they can only think of doing it again. That is when all he!! breaks loose, if there is no more. I’ve seen women rip their fingernails off, pull out tufts of hair, we had a guy that used pliers to break chunks off his teeth (to get pain meds) or the obvious cutter. Btw my dentist has an enormous sign in reception area: no pain meds given, for any reason, until after procedure.
Also, in my area, after hour ER visits are mainly dental issues, because there’s no dentist on duty & it used to be an easy way to get a few Oxy.
If one really needs drugs, the easiest/fastest place is to drive by the methadone clinics. Clever dealers know they can sell out at the clinics. The whole addiction crisis is a pathetic joke.

I’m reposting this photos again in case someone missed these. It looks like AJ has lumps and knots all over Hs face and head plus all the bald spots with no hair. Bless this child.

The autopsy results will be telling. He has a lot going on, imo. P looks a little sedate, maybe not feeling well.
When I see the pregnant woman, I wanna puke.
Do you have a date for these pics? Was it a special occasion? Like “we are straight tonight, mommy’s stash is depleted.”

The pregnant one is a cosmetologist, by trade. Besides being an addict & murderer.
I’ve burned myself on the stove which caused blisters and and hurt badly even after soaking in cold water and ice and once you take it out starts burning like fire again.

I think mom doused him with boiling water on his face and head. Neighbor thought AJ was a mummy since wrapped in gauze but JC said he was burned from boiling water and they had been at hospital all day. How could that poor child be out trick or treating same day being burned? I’m sure he felt so much pain like being on fire. She probably gave AJ some of her opioids in order for him to go out same day. I doubt she took him to the hospital with chance of being suspected.

The autopsy results will be telling. He has a lot going on, imo. P looks a little sedate, maybe not feeling well.
When I see the pregnant woman, I wanna puke.
Do you have a date for these pics? Was it a special occasion? Like “we are straight tonight, mommy’s stash is depleted.”
I don’t know someone posted them on the thread. I just reposted them. I think AJ’s beatings had been going on a long time.

Like I mentioned earlier, our drug court psych’ explained to me, they don’t see what we see. I pretty much believe they see what they want. Where we see utter filth, they see normalcy. The brain of an addict is like a TV with one channel. As soon as they hit euphoria, they can only think of doing it again. That is when all he!! breaks loose, if there is no more. I’ve seen women rip their fingernails off, pull out tufts of hair, we had a guy that used pliers to break chunks off his teeth (to get pain meds) or the obvious cutter. Btw my dentist has an enormous sign in reception area: no pain meds given, for any reason, until after procedure.
Also, in my area, after hour ER visits are mainly dental issues, because there’s no dentist on duty & it used to be an easy way to get a few Oxy.
If one really needs drugs, the easiest/fastest place is to drive by the methadone clinics. Clever dealers know they can sell out at the clinics. The whole addiction crisis is a pathetic joke.
Wow this is crazy stuff.

She probably gave AJ some of her opioids in order for him to go out same day. I doubt she took him to the hospital with chance of being suspected.

I will be stunned if his autopsy results show no drugs. WTH did they give him for pain & to keep him quiet & capable of sleeping. I think it is possible some of his lesions, bumps & rashes might be a result of drug cocktails or, if he was prescribed, he went thru WD, as any addict would. All moo but clearly, there was a lot going on with AJ, most not good.

DCFS to care for AJ Freund's younger brother; prosecutors attempt to revoke couple's parental rights
1:01pm

The Crystal Lake parents accused of killing 5-year-old AJ Freund have agreed to have the Illinois Department of Child and Family Services care for their younger son, while prosecutors attempt to revoke the former couple's parental rights.

JoAnn Cunningham and Andrew Freund Sr. sat two chairs apart Monday in a McHenry County juvenile courtroom. Both parents were charged Thursday with first-degree murderin connection with the death of their son, AJ, whom they reported missing days after allegedly forcing him into a cold shower and beating him to death, police have said.

Following AJ's disappearance, DCFS removed the boy's younger brother from the home while the agency investigates abuse and neglect allegations. Details about the 4-year-old boy's living arrangements were not disclosed in open court.

Representatives with the McHenry County State's Attorney's Office also filed a petition seeking to terminate Freund and Cunningham's parental rights. The allegations in the petition are not available to public because they pertain to a juvenile matter and were not discussed in open court.

Cunningham previously hired private attorneys at KRV Legal to represent her, but the law firm, has since withdrawn from Cunningham's cases.

Instead, public defenders will represent the parents individually throughout the juvenile proceedings. A volunteer from a third-party group, Court Appointed Special Advocates, will meet with the younger boy twice each month and eventually submit an objective report about the child's well being.

~snip

More at link:
DCFS to care for AJ Freund's younger brother; prosecutors attempt to revoke couple's parental rights | Northwest Herald

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member