Found Deceased IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *Arrests* - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A.J. wouldn’t have to get vaccinated again until he started kindergarten. His foster parents probably did all that seeing they had him until 18 months old.
I have no doubt they never would have let him start Kindergarten. He would have been able to tell someone what was going on at home. If AJ lived that long, they probably would have done their version of “home schooling” meaning nothing at all.

I hope they don’t give her pain meds during labor. I’m spiteful about this. She doesn’t deserve any kind of easy labor. I hope it’s a rough one for her, but hope the baby is safe.
At the end of the day addiction is a disease. Child abuse, neglect isn’t. We need to be mindful of that. She has a disease and she is also a monster hiding behind her disease.

I don’t think Munchausen by Proxy applies here. Labeling AJ with a dx of ODD was simply an excuse for her abusing him. Saying he was so defiant, she had to beat him. I think she posted pictures of him with injuries because she either couldn’t appreciate the severity of his injuries and/or she thought people would buy into her excuses. She said the burns were from AJ pulling a pot of boiling water off the stove. She was confident ability to explain it all away.
This applies when the parent receives attention from a supposedly sick child. Not a beaten one.

Its nice to read so many people showed up to celebrate AJ’s short life. I’m sad that yet one more child had to die to bring attention to the shortcomings of DCFS. While we here at Websleuths are all too aware of the many children who are murdered by their supposed caretakers, I don’t think the general public has any idea how often it happens. I hope it’s inspired people to get involved.
Sadly I agree 100%. I think it is similar in many areas. After my son served in combat for a year (Iraq) he took his life like 22 vets do every day. Trying to bring awareness to it or the issue of so many AJ's is still so foreign to Americans. Even with the media it is sad to see so much attention raised but then it fades away.

Yep. Lots of finger pointing.
That’s about all they can do.

At the end of the day addiction is a disease. Child abuse, neglect isn’t. We need to be mindful of that. She has a disease and she is also a monster hiding behind her disease.

Looking at her FB, she was open about her mental illness, even starting a fund raiser, only raising $1.
Her online history would be very interesting, imo.
Maybe she hated AJ because he was fun, carefree & happy?
I think we will never really know. We can hear a story from the DA but even they have no way of knowing what goes on in someone’s mind.
I have no doubt that JC is ultra troubled & her drug use exacerbated her mental problems.

Looking at her FB, she was open about her mental illness, even starting a fund raiser, only raising $1.
I think we will never really know. We can hear a story from the DA but even they have no way of knowing what goes on in someone’s mind.
I have no doubt that JC is ultra troubled & her drug use exacerbated her mental problems.
Sometimes people think if they put their problems out on social media, it will absolve them. Like, here I am being honest!! So I can’t be all that bad!

A.J. wouldn’t have to get vaccinated again until he started kindergarten. His foster parents probably did all that seeing they had him until 18 months old.

He would need MMR at 4-6, right?

Yeah, if they planned to send him to school things needed to change st home.

Sometimes people think if they put their problems out on social media, it will absolve them. Like, here I am being honest!! So I can’t be all that bad!

I know. Did you look at her FB?
She wasn’t too active on FB.
I’m surprised she lightly touched on mental health, she strikes me as the type that would deny her problems.
Perhaps it was her frame of mind on a particular day inspiring her to mention it.

We don't know what their income was. I doubt in the past few years he made much money being a lawyer because of his drug habit.

JMO
Andrew Freund Sr. was scheduled to make a court appearance Friday to determine whether he would hire a private attorney or ask a judge to appoint one for him.

After filling out an affidavit detailing any debts, bank accounts or assets, McHenry County Judge Robert Wilbrandt appointed Special Public Defender Henry Sugden to represent Freund on a series of criminal charges related to AJ’s death.

Freund reported owing $50,000 in credit card debt, and noted that his home is in foreclosure. He also indicated that he worked for a contracting company but wasn’t certain whether he still had a job.

“I don’t know if I’m still employed at this point,” Freund wrote.
Special public defender appointed to represent AJ Freund's father on murder charges | Northwest Herald

I'm going to say he was making very little working for this contracting company. Joann likely lived on whatever she was given by social services. Which raises another question. I thought in order to receive assistance, the mother has to name the Father of the child. Social services then pursues a paternity test and reimbursement for monies paid. In California that's how it works. Did Joann name AF as Father to AJ & P?

We never ever embarrassed him. Boy Scouts had a jamboree? We went to the Keys. They didn’t have stuff for him to stay overnight then. So we always made better plans, funner plans. We protected him. That’s who we were. And he knew it.

Having spent a career in LE and conducting thousands of pre-sentence investigations for the courts; it is astounding how many normal, loving, productive citizens do things they never would have done if they had not become addicts. And so many are dual diagnoses. Mental health issues make one easy prey to addiction. It's very sad and I have learned over the years that there isn't one addiction clinic in my area that actually makes a difference. It's all about the money. It is tragic.

Yesterday we were talking about his comment.
I think he knows he’s no longer employed.
Or does he think he’s going to get work release?
What a joke.

I’m wondering if he thinks he is getting by with this by pinning it all on her. As soon as they provided him evidence he confessed where the body was and put it all on her. Maybe it was on her, but I’m not going to be so sure as he walked around her oldest son in his military suits with a gun. That to me sounds like a psycho thing to do. I read that and thought “what in the world?” Like why even add the military suit with the added dramatic effect? I bet that oldest brother really is angry with everything especially after all the crap he dealt with.

It's very sad and I have learned over the years that there isn't one addiction clinic in my area that actually makes a difference. It's all about the money. It is tragic.
Same here with the addiction clinics. When I see the rolling methadone clinic & people lined up for their turn, it makes me think of people lining up at a food or ice cream truck. It is incredibly sad to see the damage caused by drug abuse. It will never end though. There will always be new, creative methods to reach a high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia