Found Deceased IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *Arrests* - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I agree. However, DCFS doesn’t always take that step. I never implied the police wouldn’t have taken it seriously but if DCFS chooses not to pursue it, there’s nothing the police can do. DCFS has to go to court with evidence they believe a child is in immediate danger. Then a judge has to grant a warrant. Finally, DCFS will return with a warrant and the police. At this point, the police can kick in the door if they have to and remove the child.

Obviously, this didn’t happen with AJ. What I said was DCFS can’t force anyone to show them a child. They can ask and if the answer from the caregiver is no then DCFS has the choice to try to convince a judge there’s immediate danger. They either didn’t think there was an immediate danger to AJ, they didn’t think they had enough proof to get a judge to sign a warrant or they just didn’t feel like going to the trouble.

Yes and my point is that LE has more law enforcement capability than DCFS. I think it is widely acknowledged that the fault in this case is with the actions of DCFS, not LE. The Prosecutor had raised concerns to no avail.

That is why it is imperative if a child is in danger in Illinois, contact LE, not DCFS.

All DCFS had to do is call LE to do a well-being check. LE already was concerned because they reported concerns to DCFS.

If the parent refuses to produce the child, LE can quickly get a court order. DCFS failed to ask LE for help. The fault is squarely on the shoulders of the DCFS investigator in this case.

JMO

Sad but interesting article.....bbm

This new federal study indicates that these cases are simply the tip of the abuse iceberg in American life. According to the report, children living with their mother and her boyfriend are about 11 times more likely to be sexually, physically, or emotionally abused than children living with their married biological parents.

Likewise, children living with their mother and her boyfriend are six times more likely to be physically, emotionally, or educationally neglected than children living with their married biological parents. In other words, one of the most dangerous places for a child in America to find himself in is a home that includes an unrelated male boyfriend—especially when that boyfriend is left to care for a child by himself.

https://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2011/04/3181/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member