IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *ARRESTS* *mother guilty* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That might be possible.

I wish he had. Not that he was father of the year. I think the abuse would have ceased & he would have needed daycare or a sitter so AJ would have been exposed to people that might have helped him if they noticed anything.
The fact little AJ told his mom he was going to get her in trouble really leads me to think maybe Freund Sr had a come to Jesus moment at some point telling AJ they would move away and JoAnn would get in trouble.

Yea, Or maybe she imagined he was leaving, but it appears she didn’t want neither.
How weird is it that JoAnn took selfies of her abuse?
From early articles, it seems AJ was a bright, inquisitive little boy. I think as he grew & started getting into things, talking, having potty accidents and stuff she grew to hate him. Especially when she was “high”, he was more than she could deal with, so she looked at locking him in his room as an option for her to have her days free without worrying about AJ getting into things allowing her time to get high, have her affair, take naps and stuff.
It seems she’s accepting responsibility for his murder, I thought she’d blame Freund Sr.

I wish he had. Not that he was father of the year. I think the abuse would have ceased & he would have needed daycare or a sitter so AJ would have been exposed to people that might have helped him if they noticed anything.
The fact little AJ told his mom he was going to get her in trouble really leads me to think maybe Freund Sr had a come to Jesus moment at some point telling AJ they would move away and JoAnn would get in trouble.
I don't doubt that, when they would fight, the "father" would threaten to leave. Maybe AJ saw that as his only chance to leave that house and be safe from his "mother". Her baby daughter wasn't Andrew's and, if I recall correctly, her "boyfriend" was living at the home for quite some time. I haven't seen any allegations of the "father" physically abusing AJ (but I can be mistaken), just the "mother". But he knew about it and was definitely an enabler. It's one thing to know about someone abusing your kid and not doing anything (which is horrible as it is, don't get me wrong), but it's a whole different thing to know that the "mother" of your child murdered him and then you go and bury your own child. This is just absolutely horrible. Poor baby AJ.

AJ Freund's DCFS investigator and his supervisor placed on leave, official says

Department of Children and Family Services caseworker Carlos Acosta and his supervisor, who were accused of conducting ‘sham investigations’ into AJ Freund’s abuse before his death, have been put on leave, a government official said.

State Representative Allen Skillicorn (R-East Dundee) said Wednesday that a source at DCFS confirmed that caseworker Carlos Acosta and his supervisor Andrew Pobvin are on leave.

Friday, December 13th:
*Motion Hearing (@ 9am CT) – IL – Andrew “AJ” Freund, Jr. (5) (reported missing April 17, 2018, Crystal Lake; found buried in shallow grave on April 24, 2019, near Woodstock) – only for *Andrew T. Freund, Sr. (60) “father” arrested (4/24/19), charged (4/25/19), indicted (5/9/19) & arraigned (5/10/19) with 5 counts of 1st degree murder, 3 counts of aggravated battery, 1 count of aggravated domestic battery, 1 count of failure to report death of child, 1 count of concealing a homicidal death (burying body), 1 count concealing death of a person, 1 count of circumstance of endangerment/death, 1 count abuse of corpse, 1 count of destroying evidence, 1 count of false info to LE, 2 counts of aggravated battery to child, 1 count of reckless conduct/great bodily harm, 1 count of unlawful restraint & 1 count of causing child to be endangered. Plead not guilty. $5M bond.
Court hearing from 4/25/19 thru 8/29/19 reference post #535 here:
Found Deceased - IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *mother & bf arrested* - #5

Next for Murder charges: Status & set trial date hearing on 9/26. 9/9/19 Child: Next hearing on 10/21. No update as of 10/25. 9/26/19: Murder: Status & set trial date Hearing continued to 10/24.
10/24/19 Update: Murder: Defense motion for continuance. Next status & set trial date hearing on 10/29. 10/29: Murder: Next status & motions hearing on 11/8. 11/8/19: Murder: next Motion hearing on 11/26. And status / set trial date hearing on 1/14/20. 11/26/19: Murder: Motion of Protective Order entered. Next Status hearing on 12/13.
*JoAnn D. Cunningham (35) “mom” – Murder: Plead guilty on 12/5/19. Status hearing on 1/30/20.

AJ Freund's DCFS investigator and his supervisor placed on leave, official says

Department of Children and Family Services caseworker Carlos Acosta and his supervisor, who were accused of conducting ‘sham investigations’ into AJ Freund’s abuse before his death, have been put on leave, a government official said.

State Representative Allen Skillicorn (R-East Dundee) said Wednesday that a source at DCFS confirmed that caseworker Carlos Acosta and his supervisor Andrew Pobvin are on leave.
Finally, a small bit of Justice.

Child welfare professionals recommended for dismissal over AJ Freund case are now out at DCFS, state says

I believe that they should be held accountable.
I agree, and an example should be set and "policies" changed regarding this heartbreaking case.

Nothing like this is going to end unless people/agencies are held accountable.

IMO, the highest level of DCFS should be held accountable first. Policies need to change.

The "little people", (case workers) are not to be wholly blamed, they just do what their superiors instruct them to. These are people that passionately choose social work as their major, knowing they will never be paid well, but sincerely want to make a difference.

The system needs to be changed, from the top down.

Remember all, your vote counts.

Who is going to change this?

I am not suggesting anyone vote for a specific party or person.

JMO, MOO

DCFS Worker Involved in Freund Case Defends Record

Listen I would get a serious time out if I said how I feel about this guy. Maybe if you would have done your job defending AJ you wouldn’t have to be defending yourself from how you failed him. Every where you look someone let you down little buddy. I hope this will be an actual start for change.

DCFS Worker Involved in Freund Case Defends Record

Listen I would get a serious time out if I said how I feel about this guy. Maybe if you would have done your job defending AJ you wouldn’t have to be defending yourself from how you failed him. Every where you look someone let you down little buddy. I hope this will be an actual start for change.

When you read the detailed evidence of this DCFS worker's lack of duty in AJ's case, it is horrendous. He was either extremely lazy or didn't care. Either way, his lack of action was shocking and he deserves the consequences.

Has the egg donor made a plea deal?

Per my notes:
12/5/19 Update: Cunningham filed a guilty plea to first-degree murder (Count 2: Murder/Strong Prob Kill/Injure); she will now face 20 to 60 years in prison. Murder: A status hearing in the case is set for Jan. 30 & the remaining charges against her have been dropped (Count 1, 3-20). She will be sentenced at a later date, but according to the plea, she must serve 100% of her sentence with no opportunity for parole.

Tuesday, January 14th:
*Status & Set Trial Date Hearing (@ 9am CT) – IL – Andrew “AJ” Freund, Jr. (5) (reported missing April 17, 2018, Crystal Lake; found buried in shallow grave on April 24, 2019, near Woodstock) – for *Andrew T. Freund, Sr. (60) “father” arrested (4/24/19), charged (4/25/19), indicted (5/9/19) & arraigned (5/10/19) with 5 counts of 1st degree murder, 3 counts of aggravated battery, 1 count of aggravated domestic battery, 1 count of failure to report death of child, 1 count of concealing a homicidal death (burying body), 1 count concealing death of a person, 1 count of circumstance of endangerment/death, 1 count abuse of corpse, 1 count of destroying evidence, 1 count of false info to LE, 2 counts of aggravated battery to child, 1 count of reckless conduct/great bodily harm, 1 count of unlawful restraint & 1 count of causing child to be endangered. Plead not guilty. $5M bond.
Court hearing from 4/25/19 thru 8/29/19 reference post #535 here:
Found Deceased - IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *mother & bf arrested* - #5

Next for Murder charges: Status & set trial date hearing on 9/26. 9/9/19 Child: Next hearing on 10/21. No update as of 1/13/20. 9/26/19: Murder: Status & set trial date Hearing continued to 10/24.
10/24/19 Update: Murder: Defense motion for continuance. Next status & set trial date hearing on 10/29. 10/29: Murder: Next status & motions hearing on 11/8. 11/8/19: Murder: next Motion hearing on 11/26. And status / set trial date hearing on 1/14/20. 11/26/19: Murder: Motion of Protective Order entered. Next Status hearing on 12/13.
12/13/19 Update: Murder: Next Status hearing & set trial date on 1/14/20.
*JoAnn D. Cunningham (35) “mom” – Murder: Plead guilty on 12/5/19. Status hearing on 1/30/20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia