IL IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's been at least 3 suicides in Veteran's Park in the last 5 years or so. It's secluded and nearby, so it makes sense to search there first. But honestly, within an hour's drive, there are literally thousands of secluded places, from parks, wetlands, fens, river flood plains, conservation areas, gravel pits, railroad tracks, rural farms and farm roads, and woods/thickets. And I imagine that people involved in drugs know of all the secluded places to go that aren't regularly patrolled by the police and where they won't be seen by neighbors or dogwalkers, etc.
Not knowing how long little AJ has actually been gone, it will be like looking for a needle in a haystack unless they break and give a location.
And go a little west from there and it’s farmland, unmarked roads, tiny towns, lots of places to hide something.

Crystal Lake mother arrested on a traffic warrant after reporting son missing, police say | Kane County Chronicle

Officers did not arrest Cunningham on the warrant until they were through interviewing her in relation to her son's disappearance, her attorneys at KRV Legal said Tuesday.

Cunningham subsequently posted bond and was released, Kotlowski said.

She is scheduled for a 1:30 p.m. a court appearance on the matter Tuesday in McHenry County, followed by a hearing at 3 p.m. regarding protective custody of her 4-year-old son, Parker.

I keep thinking about this. One of the things I love about living in IL (after moving from the southwest a few years ago) is all the beautiful parks and forest preserves. But with AJ on my mind every time I drive by a wooded area, I think, God, he could be anywhere.
It really is a peaceful and beautiful area, nearly every neighborhood has either a lake or access to the Fox River and lots of marshes in between. But in this situation, it really makes it impossible to narrow down an area to search. I think the whole community will have to be vigilant as they're out walking or at the park. The farmers should be in the fields by now, too, so hopefully they're going to be searching if (god forbid) this drags on much longer.

Besides by the parents, but when was the last actual sighting of AJ by anyone else? No mention of other family either - grand parents, siblings, cousins. Seems the parents kept to themselves.
That's really the saddest part to me. It's as if these kids have no one to look out for them. But someone did call DCFS, so perhaps there is a family member who hasn't been named. Heroin users tend to burn all of their bridges.

They comment that several dogs were used. I also posted upstream an expert opinion on the dogs. The one thing about LE, when it comes to children, if they tell the media something you can depend on it. IOW, some dog in the pack hit on the trunk.

When did LE state that dogs actually hit on something in the trunk? Only articles I read said that dogs were used to search the car.

<modsnipped quoted post>

Most people are respectful posting here. You can flag disrespectful posts, but it is not okay to belittle people, for their opinions, as those posts, also get removed. The mods do shut down some threads for cleanup and might do that here if there are too many off topic or disrespectful posts.

Last edited by a moderator:
When did LE state that dogs actually hit on something in the trunk? Only articles I read said that dogs were used to search the car.
"Investigators in Crystal Lake, Illinois say they’re focusing their search on the family’s home. Police say K-9 teams have found no evidence of A.J. leaving the home, and that dogs picked up his scent in the trunk of his parents’ car."
Police focus turns to family of missing 5-year-old boy - WDEF

<modsnipped quoted post>

Have the parents been named suspects? If not, you might consider removing this post before we get shut down for victim-blaming. I know we all have suspicions but rules are rules, even on WS.

Clearly, they are now looking for a body.

As of 12:30 p.m., Crystal Lake Deputy Police Chief Thomas Kotlowski said no body had been found at Veteran Acres Park or the lake at the park.

Illinois State Police will be assisting with the search Tuesday by piloting a plane over the area to help guide those searching on the ground, according to the release. Sonar teams from a mutual aid system will be scanning several area ponds.

Police release 911 call reporting missing Crystal Lake boy | Northwest Herald

<modsnipped quoted post>

I think I’m gonna sit on my hands until a suspect is named. I hope my comments have at least been respectful, but I think you are right. This is a tough one because the facts as reported by MSM are that he didn’t leave on his own, and there is no sign of him being abducted. So where does that leave us to sleuth? One obvious place that should be off limits according to this sites rules. Hopefully they will have some leads and a suspect soon.

I was hoping he would say what time AJ had to be at school, but he never did. My elementary kids have to be there at 7:45; preK start at 8/8:30. Not sure which one AJ is in.

In answer to the dispatcher's question about what time AJ had to be at school, the father responded: Well, he didn't (or doesn't -- it isn't clear to me what he said) go to school . . ..

Hey all, first time posting about this specific case here. In the father's 911 call, he says AJ was last seen wearing black sweatpants and a long-sleeved sweatshirt. I also saw on a different site that AJ was wearing a hoodie. Either top - especially a hoodie - seems like an odd outfit choice to put a child to bed in. Praying that AJ is found safely.

Has the search livestream gone away or am I just having problems on my end?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak