Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Humble reminder:

"VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed. That does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media.
Rules - Etiquette & Information

"We have a missing child" in an interesting phrasing choice, IMO. All I know is if even my cat vanished, I would be saying "MY cat, [insert cat's name], is missing." I know everyone speaks/behaves differently, but I find that tidbit interesting, nonetheless.

Sidenote, just in case: No, I would not actually call 911 if my cat went missing.
Emph. mine

Distancing language ?
DeOrr Kunz Jr.'d parents kept calling the "the kid" or "the little man". Never by his name.

If AJ is dead and it was an accident, why hide him ?
Same with DeOrr Jr.

Was there a fight that continued outside and when the neighbors noticed they ran back inside and the AJ was fatally struck ?

Distancing language ?
DeOrr Kunz Jr.'d parents kept calling the "the kid" or "the little man". Never by his name.

Same with DeOrr Jr.

Was there a fight that continued outside and when the neighbors noticed they ran back inside and the AJ was fatally struck ?

RSBM

I agree with you. That is what I was trying to convey, without possibly breaking any rules regarding victim-blaming.

RSBM

I agree with you. That is what I was trying to convey, without possibly breaking any rules regarding victim-blaming.

Yes... (not directed at you :p ) . and we aren't supposed to tell others how to post.
Or accuse them of unwarranted and unintended hate. Smh.

Nearly everyone posting about this case has stayed remarkably within what is in msm; including DCFS releasing the substance abuse records of the mother; which is unusual, but in keeping with the line of thought that DCFS knows that they screwed up royally --and are now in cya mode.

Sad when children have to suffer the consequences of their parents and other adults and agencies.

Bolding mine

^^^ No, it is not.

Doubtful there was a food issue as most addicts will be on SSI and food stamps. So there should've been enough to eat--- unless there was deliberate withholding of food.
Some posters mentioned that AJ looked thin and gaunt in the only two photos shown to the media ; and I would have to concur.

Emph. mine

Ita.

Whiteorchids ; that's a BIG "IF".

Why was AJ returned after the second time of having to be removed ?
Something was terribly wrong.
Obviously the mother was not taking steps towards drug-free living if she kept re-offending. The facts show that this was a tumultuous household.

The questions about AJ's being school age... reminds me of Gabriel Fernandez, and how his teacher would say he'd cry when it was time to go home. :(
School might have been a brief break from AJ's abuse. We will never know.

It looks like someone wants him deceased long enough for cod to be undetermined. Then they'll pick up where they left off.
But would they have been able to receive SSI and food stamps since they owned the home? Sorry not sure how that works. I wonder if she was going in for prenatal care being 7 months pregnant. Maybe AJ was gaunt from parents holding back food as punishment.

I think it’s such an odd thing for Dad to say to a 5 year old to the news media “come home your not in trouble” That statement makes me believe he’s in trouble a lot. What could a 5 year possibly do that would warrant such bad punishment for him to be scared and runaway? This is so sad.

Hey Everyone! Been a while since I've been on here, but this local story is breaking my heart. It also hits close to home because my niece is a heroin addict with a long history of bad situations. Even that said though, she's never hurt her children or left them in any kind of dangerous situation. I wish there was more I could do. I went past the house on Saturday and there wasn't any activity. One old looking teddy bear and a couple of candles. I'd like to do more, but I don't generally travel up that way, I just so happened to be there the other day.

I'm going to stay on top of this as best as I can. Poor AJ. I am praying he is found safe, but sadly I am not very optimistic at this point.

Same with DeOrr Jr.

They have a long history, with DCFS, so, if there was an accident, that was caused by carelessness or negligence, they might cover it up. The dad, as a lawyer, would be knowledgeable enough to know if they could possibly be blamed for the accident.

An accident, caused by carelessness or neglect, could be enough to have the younger son taken from the home and possibly the unborn baby taken at the hospital.

But would they have been able to receive SSI and food stamps since they owned the home? Sorry not sure how that works. I wonder if she was going in for prenatal care being 7 months pregnant. Maybe AJ was gaunt from parents holding back food as punishment.
Snipped by me.

People who own a home are about to receive SSI, food stamps as well as WIC for pregnant mothers and any children under the age of five.

I think it’s such an odd thing for Dad to say to a 5 year old to the news media “come home your not in trouble” That statement makes me believe he’s in trouble a lot. What could a 5 year possibly do that would warrant such bad punishment for him to be scared and runaway? This is so sad.
Emph. Mine

Not sure.
Had to look it up. Yes, some homeowners still receive food stamps but it depends on their assets.

As far as the Freund and Cunningham's financial difficulties, it's possible as a disbarred lawyer that Freund Sr. could've still had some 'pull' in getting AJ back after AJ was removed two times that we know of.

Also possible this is why people are questioning why DCFS gave a child back to a mother who hadn't completed the steps to ensure a safe household for her child ? As in, DCFS hand's were tied ?

If the authorities have to remove your child more than once, and have investigations open until Dec. 2018, it's a good possibility you're not getting clean and sober.

What do you mean it wasn’t with hate I’m thinking if they abused and neglected the boy and what they were thinking. You misread my post.

You don’t know what your talking about. I’m disgusted with these people. AJ lived his first two years in DCFS. Did you see the the tatooed face and neck of guy that attacked EMT photo living in their house but now incarcerated? Neighbors said Le was constantly seen at their house and now their boy is missing. They have no business having any children.

Oh and some of the neighbors reported the parents were seen fighting all the way to the curb. Mom a drug addict. Poor excuse of parents. IMHO
Here we go: Documents: 2013 complaint against parents of missing Crystal Lake boy | Northwest Herald EDITED to add; I believe the child in question in these documents is an older brother who is possibly late teens, early 20's.

Last edited:
Yes... (not directed at you :p ) . and we aren't supposed to tell others how to post.
Or accuse them of unwarranted and unintended hate. Smh.

Nearly everyone posting about this case has stayed remarkably within what is in msm; including DCFS releasing the substance abuse records of the mother; which is unusual, but in keeping with the line of thought that DCFS knows that they screwed up royally --and are now in cya mode.

Sad when children have to suffer the consequences of their parents and other adults and agencies.
I'm wondering if DCFS actually provided the info to the media or if the media attained the info from DCFS reports another way.

Last edited:
Not all drug addicts are abusive negligent parents. Granted, they may not be perfect, but there is a huge difference from abusive and not great.

Nor are all abusive parents drug addicts.

However, when a drug addicted parent cannot cooperate with LEO with a consistent story about the last place, time, you saw your child...that is a problem. Especially if the child has been previously removed from the home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez