IL IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They said on the news it is Andrew Sr.’s house, and he is the father, so I assume he is living there and must be the boyfriend. They showed him coming in and out of the house.

UPDATE: Police Search The Crystal Lake Home Of Missing Boy Andrew ‘A.J.’ Freund

If you watch the video of mom and attorney, it clearly states her boyfriend.
We have a father, mother and boyfriend. The media has not clarified, but the above video makes it very clear.

Edited, information incorrect. With new research this maybe incorrect

Last edited:
A lot of info in the Trib article. Mother is 7 months pregnant and the other son is with Child Services.

Cops don't believe missing Crystal Lake boy was abducted. His dad makes plea: 'AJ, please come home.'
"The attorney, George Kililis, said he was contacted by a friend of the mother after the mother said she was felt she was being considered a suspect. Kililis said she was cooperating fully with police.

Kililis also said a younger brother of the missing boy had been placed in the custody of the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services. A spokesman for DCFS could not immediately comment on that.

Kililis said the mother is “depressed” and “sad.” Her hope, Kililis said, “is at some point (Andrew) is going to walk through the door. Our focus is on finding the child,” Kililis said. “She is devastated. She’s worried. She’s innocent of any wrong doing,” he said. “All she cares about is her little boy. That’s it.”

Kililis said the mother is seven-months pregnant."

UPDATE: Police Search The Crystal Lake Home Of Missing Boy Andrew ‘A.J.’ Freund

If you watch the video of mom and attorney, it clearly states her boyfriend and gives a different name.
We have a father, mother and boyfriend. The media has not clarified, but the above video makes it very clear.
I think the video has been edited, I’ve watched it twice and nothing is said about a boyfriend. Probably sloppy journalism like we’ve seen a lot of lately.

Anyone who tells police they woke up in the morning and their 5 Ayr old was gone from his bed is going to be the initial suspect. They might be cleared if the window was forced. open from the outside and someone else fingerprints were found, and there were boot prints in the side yard...otherwise they are looking at Mom and Dad.

“In another late development, the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services said late Friday afternoon it has had contact with the family since the boy, Andrew “AJ” Freund, was born in 2013 with opiates in his system and amid allegations of neglect against his mother. DCFS continued having contact off and on until late in 2018, a spokesman said. A younger son was placed into DCFS custody Thursday, officials said.”

“In another late development, the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services said late Friday afternoon it has had contact with the family since the boy, Andrew “AJ” Freund, was born in 2013 with opiates in his system and amid allegations of neglect against his mother. DCFS continued having contact off and on until late in 2018, a spokesman said. A younger son was placed into DCFS custody Thursday, officials said.”

:eek:

Painful to read that, but it isn't surprising. You can see it on her face in her interview as well as the photos on social media. The arrest for retail theft is also a red flag for addiction.
There are so many fields, fens, wetland marshes, and river areas around here. It gets rural in a hurry just north and west of Crystal Lake. I pray for the best but I feel like one parent or the other or both already know what happened and where he's at. I wonder if they'll organize some searches for the parks and fields in the area.

From Tribune article:
Police raid home of missing Crystal Lake boy as parents make plea for his return, brother placed in DCFS custody

“In March 2018, DCFS investigated allegations of neglect by the father and mother, but concluded they were unfounded. The mother agreed to re-enter treatment.”

Edited to add all incidents involving DCFS / AJ:
“DCFS, which has the job of protecting children from abuse, released the following statement Friday: “The department’s involvement Andrew Freund began with his birth in 2013 and continued on and off through the end of 2018. The last contact between DCFS child protection staff and Andrew’s family was in December of 2018 while investigating allegations of abuse and neglect.”

DCFS released a timeline highlighting interactions between DCFS and Andrew’s family. “Indicated” means there was credible evidence to substantiate neglect. “Unfounded” means there was not sufficient evidence to prove the allegations.

-In October 2013, DCFS investigated an allegation of neglect by the mother, which was indicated. Andrew was born with opiates in his body.

-The following month, DCFS took Andrew into protective custody. He was placed in a foster home and not returned to his own home until June of 2015. The case was closed in April 2016.

-In March 2018, DCFS investigated allegations of neglect by the father and mother, but concluded they were unfounded. The mother agreed to re-enter treatment.

-On Dec. 18, 2018, DCFS investigated another allegation of abuse and neglect by the mother, and the boy was temporarily removed by police, but was returned to the home after the allegations were ruled unfounded. There was no evidence to support allegations of deplorable conditions in the home, and bruising on the child was attributed to the dog.

On Thursday, Andrew’s younger brother was placed in another home under a DCFS safety plan.”

This saddens me so much! This article doesn't paint a pretty picture for the mother or father. I'm getting the impression that maybe the father doesn't live there since the neglect allegation made in December was only against the mother only that time and she agreed to go back to rehab and her lawyer said in that she was going to stay with friends for 48 hours. He didn't include the father at all in that.

Did the mom do something while on the drugs to the little boy? Did she take drugs, pass out, and the dad took the boy to protect him and he's staying somewhere else, like his brother's house? Drug dealer take the boy? So many scenarios are going through my head after reading that article and knowing the mom is an addict and the dad has a history of DV. That changes things.

This saddens me so much! This article doesn't paint a pretty picture for the mother or father. I'm getting the impression that maybe the father doesn't live there since the neglect allegation made in December was only against the mother only that time and she agreed to go back to rehab and her lawyer said in that she was going to stay with friends for 48 hours. He didn't include the father at all in that.

Did the mom do something while on the drugs to the little boy? Did she take drugs, pass out, and the dad took the boy to protect him and he's staying somewhere else, like his brother's house? Drug dealer take the boy? So many scenarios are going through my head after reading that article and knowing the mom is an addict and the dad has a history of DV. That changes things.

That poor little boy hasn’t had an easy life. This is really heart breaking.

From Tribune article:
Police raid home of missing Crystal Lake boy as parents make plea for his return, brother placed in DCFS custody

“In March 2018, DCFS investigated allegations of neglect by the father and mother, but concluded they were unfounded. The mother agreed to re-enter treatment.”

Edited to add all incidents involving DCFS / AJ:
“DCFS, which has the job of protecting children from abuse, released the following statement Friday: “The department’s involvement Andrew Freund began with his birth in 2013 and continued on and off through the end of 2018. The last contact between DCFS child protection staff and Andrew’s family was in December of 2018 while investigating allegations of abuse and neglect.”

DCFS released a timeline highlighting interactions between DCFS and Andrew’s family. “Indicated” means there was credible evidence to substantiate neglect. “Unfounded” means there was not sufficient evidence to prove the allegations.

-In October 2013, DCFS investigated an allegation of neglect by the mother, which was indicated. Andrew was born with opiates in his body.

-The following month, DCFS took Andrew into protective custody. He was placed in a foster home and not returned to his own home until June of 2015. The case was closed in April 2016.

-In March 2018, DCFS investigated allegations of neglect by the father and mother, but concluded they were unfounded. The mother agreed to re-enter treatment.

-On Dec. 18, 2018, DCFS investigated another allegation of abuse and neglect by the mother, and the boy was temporarily removed by police, but was returned to the home after the allegations were ruled unfounded. There was no evidence to support allegations of deplorable conditions in the home, and bruising on the child was attributed to the dog.

On Thursday, Andrew’s younger brother was placed in another home under a DCFS safety plan.”

The bruises on his body were caused by their dog?

I'm still confused ...
  • Joann Cunningham-Mom; lives with a boyfriend or with bio-dad Andrew (aka-Drew) Freund?
  • How many children are there in the home besides AJ?
  • Who is the Father of the child she is pregnant with?

Good questions. And I am still wondering if there is a boyfriend out there somewhere. Was he mad at her, if she got back with her ex husband?

And who fathered her upcoming child?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member