IL IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see them as being that ambitious to go to that length; I see them as "the path of least resistance" type people. So I think easy access to a parking lot, not much walking or hiking and minimal digging. Neither of them strike me as being particularly fit and in the physical condition to put much effort into hiding their actions.
Agreed....10 mile radius....not too far off the road....garbage bag. Start at North Shore Drive.

Exactly what I thought! Also, I would have expected to hear mom in the background audibly upset, just MOO.

What kind of doctor appt did AJ’s Dad have that got him home by 8:15AM ?!? Was Mom already up when he got home? Didn’t three year old Parker wake up early? Wouldn’t Mom check on AJ or did he like to sleep in?

If he was in the lake he would have surfaced unless he was weighted down like little Bella Bond.

I wonder what they haven’t used any cadaver dogs to search?

A body won’t come to the surface until bacteria in the body produces enough gas to make it float. Cold water delays the production of gas and warm water produces gas more rapidly. It depends on the water temperature.

What kind of doctor appt did AJ’s Dad have that got him home by 8:15AM ?!? Was Mom already up when he got home? Didn’t three year old Parker wake up early? Wouldn’t Mom check on AJ or did he like to sleep in?
people going in to clinic for methadone shots get early morning
appts. so they can go straight to work. just guessing.

Missing Crystal Lake Boy: 911 Call From Family Released

Here is what was said in the 911 call:

Father: We have a missing child. Woke up this morning and he wasn't, he wasn't-

Dispatcher: How old is the child?

Father: We have a missing child

Dispatcher: Yeah how old is he?

Father: He's 5

Dispatcher: What was he last seen wearing?

Father: A Mario, like blue long-sleeve sweatshirt and black sweatpants

Dispatcher: Is he a male white?

Father: Yes

Dispatcher: When was the last time you seen him?

Father: Uh last night, probably 9:30 when he went to bed.

Dispatcher: Are you the father?

Dispatcher: Do you know where he might have went?

Father: No. We've canvassed the neighborhood, went to the local park, umm... the local gas station down here where we sometimes take him to buy treats. I spoke with the assistant principal over there at the school where the park is and they haven't seen him or any other child. I have no idea where he would be.

Dispatcher: So you put him to bed last night so he was in his pajamas and then when you went to get him for school he wasn't there and you looked around a bit?

Dispatcher: What time was he supposed to be at school?

Father: ... I had a doctor's appointment this morning, when I got back from the doctor's appointment and I checked in on him to say good morning and he wasn't there so that would have been -

Dispatcher: What time was that?

Father: About between 8:15, 8:30

Dispatcher: Have you checked everywhere, like under tables?

Father: Closets, the basement, the garage, everywhere.

Dispatcher: What's the child's name?

Father: Andrew, last name Freund, we call him AJ

Dispatcher: Is his mom at the residence as well?

Dispatcher: Do you have any pets at the house?

Dispatcher: Are they missing as well or no?

Father: No

Dispatcher: Was any of the doors open?

Father: No, no outside doors or anything like that

Dispatcher: No doors or windows?

Father: No

Dispatcher: An officer's pulling up to you now

Father: Yeah I see him

Dispatcher: You checked the house right?

Father: Yeah, yeah we've been through the house completely.
"We have a child missing". WTH?
Not my son is missing.
Ughhhhhhhhhh.

I also thought the 815-830 timeframe for returning home seemed early, but perhaps his doctors office is very close and he was the first appointment for the day, so no delay with getting in?

As a lawyer, he would likely know that police would confirm this information... right?

If only one would have spent this much time,and effort defending andrew,and his rights. If only someone hadn't wasted 5 years coming up with lame excuses for giving Andrew back.
If only there was more concern for Andrew.
It's pathetic when one bends over backward to make up excuses and defend anyone but little Andrew.
MOO

It would be helpful to know why Andrew was returned home. Case plans can be very detailed. A case plan would have included supervised visits, drug treatment and testing, and parenting classes, among other requirements.

Even if the mom completed everything, she would have still needed to pass a psychological exam to get him back.

There is also a 15/22 month timeline for preventing kids, from spending years, in foster care. This might have resulted in Andrew being returned, after 18 months, if there were not provable grounds for termination of parental rights. Wonder if the dad having experience as a lawyer made a difference???

Last edited:
people going in to clinic for methadone shots get early morning
appts. so they can go straight to work. just guessing.
People also go get routine bloodwork done first thing in the morning since they need to fast. My husband always has his dr. appt. at 7:30 a.m so he doesn't have to miss a meal! If this dad is diabetic, he definitely wants an early morning appt. to get his bloodwork done.

I also thought the 815-830 timeframe for returning home seemed early, but perhaps his doctors office is very close and he was the first appointment for the day, so no delay with getting in?

As a lawyer, he would likely know that police would confirm this information... right?

I’ve had quick lab only appointments as early as 7am.

Interesting that the mom was the last one to see him at night but didn't check on him in the morning? Granted, maybe their schedules allow them to sleep in. A lot of doctors and clinics open early to accommodate working people. In fact my doctor's office is open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. He could have had an appointment and he would know that's verifiable information. But, what time did he actually leave for his appointment would be the bigger question. Maybe mom took the opportunity to move AJ out of the house while dad was gone. In the 911 call, it doesn't sound like she's overly upset. It's one thing to compose yourself while calling 911, but she wasn't calling. I didn't hear any crying as one would expect. Maybe she was doing that for her 3-year olds benefit?

I woke up this morning and my gut feeling was that he will be found today. Then I saw the post about the park.

Does someone have a link to the video of dad speaking to the press/LE about his phone?

Did he say he lost/misplaced it, that it broke or that he doesn't have it? Just wondering if it's a *possibility* that he willingly gave it to police at their request
and that is the reason he doesn't have it and was upset/focused on needing to get a replacement phone?

Just trying to explore all possible options.
Is it too far fetched to think that he needs to replace the phone because the police have his?

I find it interesting that this report claims father is not cooperating (previously I had heard he was cooperating). And mother has hired a defense attorney for herself and only herself because she feels she is a suspect. I expect father to lawyer up pronto with his own counsel so the finger pointing can begin. Poor lil AJ such a cootie patootie, and it seems like his life has been pretty full of drama for his few short years on this earth.

The Dad has to be somewhat intelligent to be an attorney and not stupid enough to hide a body close to home. I wonder if he had anything to do with it or only the mom and he’s trying to protect her.

When mom was in front of camera saying she wants her kid back she didnt shed any tears with her fake crying very telling she couldn’t even look up at the camera that’s tells me she’s guilty.

When the Father said “AJ please come home your not in any trouble” odd thing to say talking to a missing 5 yr old he’s not a teenager or young adult. Your not in trouble? Wow I can’t even imagine my two boys running away from thinking they were in trouble at 5. How sad. He must have been abused regularly. What did Dad think his son was sitting on a couch watching the local news?

I’m holding out hope AJ was scared of his parents and left although some have reported it was raining very hard that night. I can’t imagibe him leaving on his own

The search today seems a lot larger than yesterdays. There are currently 4 helicopters still in the air. If they are doing all of Vetrans acres and Sterns Woods, that is a lot of ground to cover. Unfortunately, in this area there are a million places he could be.

What was the time of the 911 call? Do we know that? I swear I looked but can’t find it.
What strikes me the most is that if my kid (I have a 5 year old) wasn’t in their bed in the morning I would go through the house which would take 2-3 minutes and then I would call 911. I would not go to a gas station, talk to the assistant principal of a school down the street, “canvas” the neighborhood and THEN call 911. Not a chance. But on the flip side if they really did all that canvassing I would expect the call to be quite a bit later than 8:15. Poor AJ.

What was the time of the 911 call? Do we know that? I swear I looked but can’t find it.
What strikes me the most is that if my kid (I have a 5 year old) wasn’t in their bed in the morning I would go through the house which would take 2-3 minutes and then I would call 911. I would not go to a gas station, talk to the assistant principal of a school down the street, “canvas” the neighborhood and THEN call 911. Not a chance. But on the flip side if they really did all that canvassing I would expect the call to be quite a bit later than 8:15. Poor AJ.
I agree. Hmmm maybe he’s ran away in the past?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak