IL IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The local gas station attendant did not recognize him where he said he bought treats for AJ. The wording is off to me
If you look at the transcript he says “I spoke with the assistant principal at THE school over by where the park is, and they haven’t seen him or any other child.” So not his school.
He did not attend school due to his age. Sr is being vague The school The local gas station Treats

AJ had not yet started school. Per the mother or someone saying he would be starting school soon. I don’t remember where I saw the source.

In photos, it doesn’t look like he was out in the sun much. I realize it’s
Illinois, but he looks soooooo pale. JMO.
I agree with your observation of AJ. He looks malnourished to me.

Probably the most damning part of those police reports for me is from 8/05/18 where a man and woman at the residence (who both “appear to be on some sort of narcotic medication” make a report of stolen “medication”:
“(REDACTED) advised she did not remember what she did the night before. She advised the last she remembered was walking around the neighborhood with (REDACTED). The next thing (REDACTED) remembered is waking up in bed. She advised she had no idea how she got there.”

Where are your children?

The gas station attendant.

“The FBI, they asked me all the questions, I am sure I didn’t see him in here.” Questioned about the father of missing #AndrewFreund.

Suzanne Le Mignot on Twitter
So Dad lied about going to the liquor store looking for AJ where he supposedly bought treats for AJ? I can’t imagine mom and dad ever bought these kids treats.

And this was a report from a police officer!

I can't even say the level of frustration I had, time, after time, as a "mandatory reporter", I would call DCFS about children, and unless I had a kid in front of me, who had a broken arm, and told me his Mother did it...the calls were a waste of time and energy.

But, I did it, and documented it in school records. Over and over, often for the same kids.

I worked closely with DCPS and in my area, eastern US, and have many friends there. Most states have a computer program, with specific questions that are rated/weighted and the DCPS worker has some objectivity. It insures all bases are covered. Being homeless and living in a shelter is not abuse, if the parents aren't on drugs, it's just being poor. Not having electricity, if you are not staying in the home, is not considered considered abuse, it's being poor. Lack of food, shelter, medical care, safe environment are abuse under the law. It's sad, the standard is so low, the bare basics. It's not DCPS, its the laws and state statue.

Most DCPS workers are like you and I. They have families, hearts that care, and lose sleep over these kids. The wages are not great, the conditions they go into are horrific, they see the worst, of the worst, the families are abusive, they lack enough foster homes, it's gotta be a working nightmare.

DCPS removed these children every opportunity they legally could. Everyone, DCPS, LE, the grandparents knew it was bad. But, like moms lawyer said today, we have a lot of things to work out first, when ask the outcome. There's always a plan and when they meet it, they legally get the kids back.

Last edited:
LE needs to find the 'assistant principal' and see if Father spoke with, and check out the rest of Father's story and LE needs to
have someone check status of getting a warrant for 'old' phone (if it isn't thrown out).
LE should determine the date/time when trash was scheduled for pickup at the Father's house. I wonder if the trash was scheduled for pickup on early Thursday morning or earlier date then talk with the trash pickup people for unusual item.

I’m new here. Is this site intended to bring in new info and fresh observations, speculate as to what happened, or something else?

There’s a lot of bashing the parents, DCFS, the house, addicts, and lots of feeling sorry and sad for the kids. All of this is justified- we are humans and have emotions to something so tragic. It’s cathartic to vent and share. And it’s also a large percentage of the posts.

Thanks- not complaining- just want to behave in the spirit of the boards

"A new attorney is expected to be appointed to the 4-year-old on Wednesday after a conflict of interest was found with the boy's current lawyer Tuesday."
The Latest: Hearing about missing boy's brother continued
Talk about conflict of interest.
Mother refusing to cooperate with police.
Well that tells me she doesn't want,or warrant getting her younger son back.
Neither one of them should get him,nor should they have gotten Andrew back in the first place.
Dear God please let this child get a lawyer that has the power to keep him far away from both parents. #Children's Rights Matter.
MOO

Perhaps a little wishful thinking on my part, but after I read about the horrible conditions the oldest son lived in, I'm wondering if someone spirited him off somewhere, maybe even the older brother? Well, unfortunately, that wouldn't make sense, as they would have taken the younger boy as well. Or maybe he was used in a transaction (I hate to say it) when they couldn't afford the drugs? Just trying anything to come up with some way AJ might still be alive. I know the odds are slim.

Typically, when I read these cases on here, they are far away. But this case, because I am local, makes me want to walk up to these people's door and demand to know where he is.

Talk about conflict of interest.
Mother refusing to cooperate with police.
Well that tells me she doesn't want,or warrant getting her younger son back.
Neither one of them should get him,nor should they have gotten Andrew back in the first place.
Dear God please let this child get a lawyer that has the power to keep him far away from both parents. #Children's Rights Matter.
MOO
Don't worry. DCFS certainly dropped the ball on this one already, but I really don't see that boy ever being reunited with either parent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!