IL IL - Barbara, 15, & Patricia Grimes, 13, Chicago, 27 Dec 1956

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
We know the identities of the four youths involved with the abduction of the Grimes Sisters. One has passed away, one we cannot locate and two of those we have learned of their whereabouts. Gunther and I remain hopeful that someone from the McKinley Park neighborhood will come forward and break this code of silence. Many knew snipets of information, but choose to remain silent. I visited former members of the MP neighborhood today and learned of more of the related family members. Gunther and I have shared our knowledge with Cook County Sheriff's Dept and the Grimes Family. We continue to pursue our theories.

How is it known that LP worked part time for Santa Fe Speedway?

As far as the code of silence. Up thread something was mentioned about retaliation. I find it hard to envision that happening when most of the players have to be 70 or older, no?

Someone came forward in Maria Ridulph's case. Why not for the Grimes sisters? Who is there to be afraid of 60 years later? And the perp in Maria's case was a former cop.

If someone knows something, just do the right thing.

Who currently has jurisdiction of this case, Chicago or Cook County? I would think it would be a county case because jurisdiction of a murder case usually belongs to the location the bodies were found.

Who currently has jurisdiction of this case, Chicago or Cook County? I would think it would be a county case because jurisdiction of a murder case usually belongs to the location the bodies were found.

I believe that it's Cook County.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Another question, was there anything to tie LP to the movie theater or the sisters? (other than him finding the bodies.)

Another question, was there anything to tie LP to the movie theater or the sisters? (other than him finding the bodies.)

From what I've read from the Facebook page and a book by Troy Taylor, and let me use my disclaimer here, it is not a ghost or spook book, LP had no ties except for finding the girls.

From what I've read from the Facebook page and a book by Troy Taylor, and let me use my disclaimer here, it is not a ghost or spook book, LP had no ties except for finding the girls.

What you read on the FB page is general conversation.
There is an inner core of researchers that myself and McKinley were part of.
This group communicates privately due to the sensitive nature of the case and the potential for liability if names get mentioned.

Nothing ties him to the theater or family. The only reason he is on the radar is the Krantz phone call, the sweater, the fact that he lives near the site where the girls were found, and his actions in discovering the bodies and afterwards.

What you read on the FB page is general conversation.
There is an inner core of researchers that myself and McKinley were part of.
This group communicates privately due to the sensitive nature of the case and the potential for liability if names get mentioned.

I understand that but what I don't get then is why if you and the core group are pretty sure that it was boys from the neighborhood, why still trying to connect LP? I'm curious.

TIA

I understand that but what I don't get then is why if you and the core group are pretty sure that it was boys from the neighborhood, why still trying to connect LP? I'm curious.

TIA

The core group is not all in agreement with who is the most likely suspect.
Others are persuing someone else, thats why we left.

Nothing ties him to the theater or family. The only reason he is on the radar is the Krantz phone call, the sweater, the fact that he lives near the site where the girls were found, and his actions in discovering the bodies and afterwards.

Link? There has been no solid evidence to confirm that yellow sweater is tied to this case.
no evidence of a connection between Krantz and LP. Nothing other than he asked his wife to return to the location the bodies were found.

In fact, technically, it is speculation as to whether or not the girls were murdered. At least that is how I interpreted the msm with the coroners info.

This is a weird case. Even with hypothermia it's known people take their clothes off.

Just a friendly reminder, per TOS we can not discuss someone as a POI or suspect unless they have been named so by the authorities. Also, if something is stated as fact, there has to be a link provided to back it up.

I'm going to ask ima' or another mod assigned to the CC forum to chime in here and give a clarification on that rule.

Link? There has been no solid evidence to confirm that yellow sweater is tied to this case.
no evidence of a connection between Krantz and LP. Nothing other than he asked his wife to return to the location the bodies were found.

In fact, technically, it is speculation as to whether or not the girls were murdered. At least that is how I interpreted the msm with the coroners info.

This is a weird case. Even with hypothermia it's known people take their clothes off.

Just a friendly reminder, per TOS we can not discuss someone as a POI or suspect unless they have been named so by the authorities. Also, if something is stated as fact, there has to be a link provided to back it up.

I'm going to ask ima' or another mod assigned to the CC forum to chime in here and give a clarification on that rule.

Then maybe its best I do not continue the conversation here.
There are elements to this case that we know, that can not be divulged in public and thats the way it must be for now.

We have pretty much figured out what happened and were hoping that some people with Chicago connections would come forward and help fill in the blanks.

Links?

There are no links.

McKinley's background is as a legal investigator and mine in in Public Safety (Police/EMS)
Perhaps this isn't the right place for us to share information.

Thanks for your interest in the case.

I hope you two stay and discuss this case, GT. If I remember correctly you stated up thread that LP was not a poi to you. I don't remember anyone naming the four teens even though one name can be found quite easily. Seriously, thinking this is hypothermia? The Grimes Sisters have been called a murder since the girls were found. 54 years. Total craziness. Stick around GT and M.

I hope you two stay and discuss this case, GT. If I remember correctly you stated up thread that LP was not a poi to you. I don't remember anyone naming the four teens even though one name can be found quite easily. Seriously, thinking this is hypothermia? The Grimes Sisters have been called a murder since the girls were found. 54 years. Total craziness. Stick around GT and M.

I'm with you, georigiasblu. This is case is a cold case, keeping the spark alive might jog someone's memory. Every little bit of information and theorizing helps imo. Please stay GT and M. I hope even more people join this thread.

This has been a MURDER investigation since day one.

I'm with you, georigiasblu. This is case is a cold case, keeping the spark alive might jog someone's memory. Every little bit of information and theorizing helps imo. Please stay GT and M. I hope even more people join this thread.

This has been a MURDER investigation since day one.

I will discuss with McKinley whether we will procede or not.
We have been dedicated to solving this case for over two years, virtually non stop. We have gathered more information than the police agencies have. This was accomplished through several avenues. One, was the Facebook group which drew out several people who had been involved with the family at that time or had direct information on the case.

The vast majority of relevant discussions went on behind the scenes in that group because people did not want their information to be made public.

We have corresponded with the Chicago Crime Commission, well known writers, and police. The issue here is putting together enough evidence that will compel the Cook County Sheriff Dept. to reopen the case. Usually in cold cases, LE are reluctant to persue a case unless a conviction can be pretty much assured.

McKinley and I are the only ones to make the connection of the four boys and the girls that night. It is our understanding that the police are blaming it on Ken Hansen, who was convicted in the Peterson/Scheussler murders. Since Hansen died back in 2007, they do not see the need to move forward at this point. Reopening a cold case can be very time consuming and expensive. This is what we are up against. I can tell you that this case still affects the Grimes family as we witnessed personally while discussing it with remaining family members.

Due to the sensitive nature of some of the information we have we are deliberately vague.
I have no time or interest in proving everything I say with "links".

If the way we discuss things is against board policies, its best if we no longer participate , as I do not want to cause any issues with this group.

I will discuss with McKinley whether we will procede or not.
We have been dedicated to solving this case for over two years, virtually non stop. We have gathered more information than the police agencies have. This was accomplished through several avenues. One, was the Facebook group which drew out several people who had been involved with the family at that time or had direct information on the case.

The vast majority of relevant discussions went on behind the scenes in that group because people did not want their information to be made public.

We have corresponded with the Chicago Crime Commission, well known writers, and police. The issue here is putting together enough evidence that will compel the Cook County Sheriff Dept. to reopen the case. Usually in cold cases, LE are reluctant to persue a case unless a conviction can be pretty much assured.

McKinley and I are the only ones to make the connection of the four boys and the girls that night. It is our understanding that the police are blaming it on Ken Hansen, who was convicted in the Peterson/Scheussler murders. Since Hansen died back in 2007, they do not see the need to move forward at this point. Reopening a cold case can be very time consuming and expensive. This is what we are up against. I can tell you that this case still affects the Grimes family as we witnessed personally while discussing it with remaining family members.

Due to the sensitive nature of some of the information we have we are deliberately vague.
I have no time or interest in proving everything I say with "links".

If the way we discuss things is against board policies, its best if we no longer participate , as I do not want to cause any issues with this group.

GT, you could become a Verified Insider? That is an option for you, no pressure though, up to you but this way you can post about the case. We still have to be careful with accusations though. :)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...n-Process-for-Professional-or-Insider-Posters

I'm not familiar with the murders of the three boys so forgive my ignorance. Were the boys molested?

We do not believe that Leonard Prescott was involved in the initial abduction of the Grimes Girls.

Barbara had a nice figure for her age (someone on another site said that she looked like a 21 year old woman, not a 15 year old girl) and I think that that might have helped seal her fate.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayc
Back