Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange indeed ... Doesn't make sense that Beth would go for a three-day trip with people who were blackmailing her. Perhaps the plan was to get "proof" of her infidelity or other indiscretions, i.e., video?

I don't know anything about Heroin, do you strictly use a needle or are there other methods of delivery? Could they have tried to get her high in order to video her and instead she OD'd?

This site will give you a pretty good understanding of the drug and how it is used, also the effects it has on the user.

Heroin is usually injected, sniffed/snorted, or smoked. Typically, a heroin user may inject (called "mainlining" or "shooting") up to four times a day. Intravenous injection provides the greatest intensity and most rapid onset of euphoria (7 to 8 seconds), while intramuscular injection produces a relatively slow onset of euphoria (5 to 8 minutes). Signs of heroin addiction include paraphernalia for injecting heroin. This consists of hypodermic needles, small cotton balls used to strain the drug, and water and spoons or bottle caps used for "cooking" or liquefying the heroin.

http://www.addictionca.com/signs-of-heroin-use.htm

The comments on Beth's FB page; the friend with the initials SB. WOW, she really put it all out there. States Beth had been helping JW "financially and physically". Wonder what the "physical" help means?

The comments on Beth's FB page; the friend with the initials SB. WOW, she really put it all out there. States Beth had been helping JW "financially and physically". Wonder what the "physical" help means?

If you read SB's posts carefully you'll see she says that if there is the slightest amount of truth in what JW says then Beth was led down that path, that she didn't make thedecision on her own. So SB leaves the door open a little bit to some possibility that there is a nugget of truth in what JW says. SB goes on to point out what a responsible person Beth is.

The bottom line is that if JW is involved in Beth's disappearance in a criminal way then...that's the bottom line. She has made what most think are suspicious comments and has pretty much implicated herself in the drug scene in the process. If JW and RR (and perhaps his brother) aren't involved in a criminal way (which would include covering up an overdose) then they better be telling everything they know to LE, down to the finest detail.

Good question. maybe it means driving her around.

RUMOR I am labeling this as rumor even though I do believe it to be fact. I was just told verbally this by someone who knows this to be fact.

JW moved suddenly from CA to Woodstock. Her children have no idea why she moved.

Beth apparently lived near JW at one time in CA.

JW took up with Ryan last year.

The person I spoke with son over heard a conversation with RR and JW in which they were talking about blackmail and a woman named Beth. At the time, the son asked his mother what blackmail meant. At the time the person I spoke with did not know who Beth was. This has since been reported to Woodstock PD.

RR is a heroin addict.

RR drove a carpy beatup old white work van. Two weeks ago, just after Beth's disappearance he suddenly began driving a new, late model gold work van. When he has no real income, bad credit, etc. Interesting, no?

It is my belief that this post does not violate WS's rumor policy as I am stating it is rumor, I am local to one town involved in this, and the information was told to me personally by someone who knew it first hand and I believe the person who told this to me. Every thing about the source has an ring of believability to me.

In light of this, I think if anyone knows who to find out more about JWs background in CA and why she moved here, it might be interesting.

BBM

Gives a new definition to hearsay.

28127_1511273864493_1313763190_1401500_4088310_n.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?p...763190&oid=122739057758360&fbid=1511273864493

Strange indeed ... Doesn't make sense that Beth would go for a three-day trip with people who were blackmailing her. Perhaps the plan was to get "proof" of her infidelity or other indiscretions, i.e., video?

I don't know anything about Heroin, do you strictly use a needle or are there other methods of delivery? Could they have tried to get her high in order to video her and instead she OD'd?

it can be done many ways even added to a drink, smoked, sprinkled on something eatten, so yes that is possible, not all heroin users use a needle, many just snort it, it is a little easier to control your use this way for a while but in many cases they will advance to the needle at some point because the body learns to tolerate it and they have to use more and more.

I would not classify this as a recreational drug as someone asked. But you might be surprised to find many walks of life are users. Not just the stereotypical "junkie" that you see on TV. Many successful people are users, white collar, blue, the homeless, the guy that got injured on the job that his dotor got him hooked. Many go to methadone clinics to get high too. That little white grain does not discriminate.

No I have never been a user but I have detoxed a few and helped them get off it. It is not easy to do :banghead:
Good people make bad choices, doesn't make them bad people.

Maybe Beth had no choice but to go.. that's a thought

One thing I do know a "junkie" wound sell their own child for a fix :(

Australia has a big problem with heroin addiction...we dont really have a crack problem here like you do.....heroin has been our big problem for years...

It is very very hard core and extremely hard to break the addiction....ruins many many lives......heroin addicts do not live normal every day lives and usually do anything for money....ie prostitution and stealing......

It is mostly injected and there have been so many robberies in sydney with blood filled syringes....big problem in Sydney..

basically being a heroin addict is the bottom of the barrel......

I am not one, never have tried it....known one or two heroin addicts...but in my generation over here that is the thing your parents feared so it was talked about all the time...heroin!!

wow....this info makes me see that pair in a different light....

I always had my suspicion this was about money......Beth was married to an attorney and probably had a fair bit of money......

heroin addicts and money...yep says it all.....

I bet they were blackmailing her and she tried to put a stop to it....

I did see where there was a post deleted on the missing site and was wondering what it was as it seemed to contain valuable info.......

one thing JW does not look like an addict...they are normally thin (not being rude but in her fb profile pic she looks quite healthy)

The black mail theory is a reasonable one. If true, I wonder how long it has been going on..... I hope LE is looking at bank statements going back several months.

Are there any searches planned in the area surrounding the home in Mt. Vernon?

I wish we knew more about the area's RR frequented in Mt. Vernon.

Sadly I don't believe Beth made it out of Mt. Vernon, if she did she would have made contact by now. She may walk away from her DH but she wouldn't walk away from her kids.

BBM

Gives a new definition to hearsay.

Yes, I know. I debated long and hard about writing about this, but, I thought it might add something to the knowledge of some of the really good sleuthers we have here. That is why I said it was a rumor, although I personally credit it above the rumor level.

I am also going to say that the detective I spoke with was glad to hear this, very interested and asked me a lot of questions. Obviously, this hearsay alone wouldn't stand up in court, isn't alone going to get a warrant issued, etc. But, according to that detective it gave them a new direction to look at and find out if indeed it is true, to find the facts to support it.

It's a rabbit hole and we don't know how deep it goes. I'm just guessing it might be a long while before we hear anything, and I don't think we'll be hearing from Beth. I also have the sense that her husband is distraught for a very good reason. He knows things.

CENTRALIA, ILL.: Clues sought on missing woman​

STG51217.gif

Family and friends of Beth Bentley, 41, of suburban Chicago who went missing May 23, passed out leaflets here and in Mount Vernon, Ill., Saturday as they searched for any sign of her. Bentley, of Woodstock, Ill., was on a three-day trip to Southern Illinois with a friend, who told police she dropped Bentley off at the Centralia Amtrak station at 4:30 p.m. May 23 so Bentley could return home to her husband and three children. Angela Montgomery, a friend of the family, said she doubted Bentley had just walked away. "Somebody has to know something," Montgomery said. Bentley would stand out in a crowd because of her platinum blonde hair and orange and pink Vera Bradley bag, Montgomery said.​

JW's sister has been posting on Facebook and some things stood out to me:

- She says Beth likely ran off with another friend.

- She says the wedding plans of RR and JW fell through. We don't know the reason. I'm not sure when they were supposed to be married.

- In trying to deflect suspicion or just strike back at people accusing her sister I think she says Beth's husband Scott was the last to talk with Beth so people should accuse him (she doesn't write in the most educated fashion, which I don't hold against her, but I think this is what she is saying). That's obviously not the case.

- She says that Beth always had money on her. She is trying to say that Beth was tired of having everything she wanted and ran off in search of something beyond material things but pointing out Beth always had money on her does not help her sister's case.

- Of course she says that RR and JW have told everything they know to police and to Scott which I think is probably a dubious claim.

I have it from a local source that the police have not yet interviewed the waitress at the Frosty Mug who waited on the group including Beth, JW, RR and another man, yet unidentified for certain, either the Friday or Saturday night before her disappearance. Why not?

I was thinking the orange and pink bag could also be from the Sherbert line, which I saw over on eBay, from farther back.

The problem with JW's story, is that it isn't substantiated yet, and Beth's husband has been cleared. Doesn't mean it can't all flip on its head, but for now, the fact that there's no proof Beth got on the train kind of says her tell-alls missed some key details. Proof that BB called her hubby at 6pm would change things, in my mind. And once again, what happened to her attorney telling her not to talk about the case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ohm1004