Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We know they were in a rental car, forgive my asking, but that has been verified correct? What we don't know is who rented the car correct?

If so and the car was rented in Beths name, what doesn't make sense is why Beth would take the train rather than JW and RR taking a train back, especially if RR is familiar with the area and the scene.

If I drove- whether it be my car or the car I rented - and I had to leave but my friends wished to stay longer - I'm not leaving without my car. I'm taking the car and discussing with my friends how they will make alternative arrangements to get home the following day.

IF JW and RR are responsible for Beth's disappearance as LE, I'd be doing all I could for a warrant for both RR and JW's phone records to find out who they contacted while the three of them were in Mt. Vernon.

JMO

If so and the car was rented in Beths name, what doesn't make sense is why Beth would take the train rather than JW and RR taking a train back, especially if RR is familiar with the area and the scene.

If she decided to have an extended stay with a lover it might make sense for her to take a train and have JW return the car. Obviously if something like that happened you would think JW would have somewhat concrete answers to why Beth left. We've seen spouses take off before, even ones with kids, and stay disappeared even during publicized investigations. That is not unheard of. But ominously...

...JW kind of reminds me of Dee Dee Moore, who murdered lottery winner Abraham Shakespeare. She had a seemingly flimsy story too and went online (even in this forum) protesting her innocence in a very suspicious way. JW doesn't seem to be nearly as crazy as Dee Dee (not many are) but she still gives me a little of that vibe. I really hope I'm wrong.

If she decided to have an extended stay with a lover it might make sense for her to take a train and have JW return the car. Obviously if something like that happened you would think JW would have somewhat concrete answers to why Beth left. We've seen spouses take off before, even ones with kids, and stay disappeared even during publicized investigations. That is not unheard of. But ominously...

...JW kind of reminds me of Dee Dee Moore, who murdered lottery winner Abraham Shakespeare. She had a seemingly flimsy story too and went online (even in this forum) protesting her innocence in a very suspicious way. JW doesn't seem to be nearly as crazy as Dee Dee (not many are) but she still gives me a little of that vibe. I really hope I'm wrong.

I remember seeing some of Dee Dee's posts. Dee Dee's story though was more like she was helping him invest his money.... but a funky attempt at a story non the less. In this case, someone previously mentioned Tiffany Tehan (forgive me if I got the name incorrect) but when she took off with minor children, she was found out pretty quickly. Survellience was found with Tiffany and the new man in her life. We've had other cases here where it was later proven one spouse willingly walked away from their life, but I can only think of cases where the children were adults so there was no need to notify family or have concern for the kids-unlike Beht's children being worried sick about their mom.

Beth's case is different. I can't fathom why JW would not know about this 'new guy' in Beths life - if one really existed (and this wasn't a Zanny the Nanny scenario) -including the guys name. On the Zanny note, remember how outrageous the story went as it went on and on?

It is possible an accident occured and knowing Beth's husband is an attorney, and Beth had a lawsuit out there for a sum of money (according to previously posted court records) JW and RR would have freaked, hid her body and concocted the Train and ran off with a new man story.

Lot's of reasonable possibilities, but I don't think running off with a BF holds water.

Perhaps JW is ready to break her silence due to the speculation surrounding the fact she IS the last known person to see Beth. I just hope if so, she has more loyalty to her friend and the truth than her bf. But we know how loyalty sometimes goes based on a bazzilion examples at WS when the significant other is the one getting the loyalty. :(

I just want Beth found.

JMO

If you have been reading that Beth is missing facebook page and her own facebook page, there has been a lot of pressure put on JW to talk....including from me......

that is why I think she has said something....

Her sister put on the beth is missing page something to the tune of...my sister has now told you the truth and you are still all on at her.....

I really do not know what to beleive here...

JW is certainly covering something up, but what I dont know....

One thing I am very suss about is her not turning up for her sons graduation and leaving her 10 year old...I truly dont think she would have done this....

which leaves me 2 possibilities

1) accident or killed by RR/JW ....coverup.....

2) gone off with lover for weekend......JW covering for affair....something happens to her with lover which makes JW's story look like a farce....

I did read somewhere that RR and his brother were both working on the house on the weekend......has anyone checked out who the brother is...

FRIENDLY REMINDER

JW has not been named a person of interest. It is a violation of WS TOS to bash friends and family, and you all know extensive bashing is not allowed for POI's etc.....

I don't want to see this thread go by the same wayside when members get frustrated due to lack of new news on recent cases. In this case, there is very little new news on Beth's case.

Many of you are already familiar with this rule from the other threads you have posted on here at WS so please, don't push it on this thread.

If you need to, please reread the WS rules regarding 'rumors' and info from locals. MOST of these rules are posted as sticky threads atop of the main missing/locatated discussion forum.

Here is the link on rumors again. (Including RSO's)
New Rules on Sex Offenders and Rumors. - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Here is my abbreviated what to do when there is no news on a case. There are tens of thousands of cases here at WS. Check out our unidentifed forum, our cold case forum, or the missing but not forgotten discussion forum for missing persons cases several years old. There is FAR too much sleuthing to be done here than to start bashing friends or family of the victim - who have not been named POI's. We can discuss JW respectfully in relation to known facts without getting into name calling.

TO's will be recommended for anyone who continues to break the above rules.

Questions send a pm. Use the alert button for problematic posts violating TOS.

Cubby-
Moderator.

I did read somewhere that RR and his brother were both working on the house on the weekend......has anyone checked out who the brother is...
Can you find where you read that? I found his brother's Facebook. I'm hesitant to post the link until we have a better idea that he was in Mt Vernon with them. It looks like his brother did have a misdemeanor battery charge in McHenry County a few years ago.

Respectfully snipped

:grouphug:
We want Beth found too.

(((((radiant))))))

Thanks, Cubby. I'm so sad right now. It's not even just my sadness; it's the greater, collective sadness of everyone who is touched by this that runs through me.:cry:

I can't help but wonder if one of the missing pieces in this puzzle is NR. He is the brother of RR and from what I know the one who is rehabbing the house with RR. He is younger than RR and has had a bodily harm/battery charge in McHenry County.http://68.21.116.46/wow65/runApp?pj_savedHTML=1276007937213 In no way am I pointing a finger at him, but he should be questioned by LE.

Wanted to say hello to EV1.. wow I have been reading here and following a couple of days and am amazed at how intuitive you all are on this case.

I do have many question but one comes to mind is The Frosty Mug reference that I have seen here as well as on FB. I am just wondering if I missed an article or update that put Beth and the others there during this trip? I ask because someone wanted to know who the forth man was at dinner there.

:)

Wanted to say hello to EV1.. wow I have been reading here and following a couple of days and am amazed at how intuitive you all are on this case.

I do have many question but one comes to mind is The Frosty Mug reference that I have seen here as well as on FB. I am just wondering if I missed an article or update that put Beth and the others there during this trip? I ask because someone wanted to know who the forth man was at dinner there.

WELCOME

sorry, idk the answer for sure

welcome027.gif

I can't help but wonder if one of the missing pieces in this puzzle is NR. He is the brother of RR and from what I know the one who is rehabbing the house with RR. He is younger than RR and has had a bodily harm/battery charge in McHenry County.http://68.21.116.46/wow65/runApp?pj_savedHTML=1276007937213 In no way am I pointing a finger at him, but he should be questioned by LE.

Link provided doesn't seem to be working. You can reach the same search by using the following link, clicking on "Case Information Search" then "By Party Name" then entering NR's name.

http://www.co.mchenry.il.us/departments/circuitclerk/Pages/index.aspx

We know they were in a rental car, forgive my asking, but that has been verified correct? What we don't know is who rented the car correct?

If I drove- whether it be my car or the car I rented - and I had to leave but my friends wished to stay longer - I'm not leaving without my car. I'm taking the car and discussing with my friends how they will make alternative arrangements to get home the following day.

IF JW and RR are responsible for Beth's disappearance as LE, I'd be doing all I could for a warrant for both RR and JW's phone records to find out who they contacted while the three of them were in Mt. Vernon.

JMO

Chubby you have some very valid points here

Yes they did take a rental car and Beth was the one who rented the car.
I will also add that Beth's friends have already stated that she would not even take the train alone at home to go to the cubs games. To me this raises the question then why would she do this hundreds of miles from home in a strange area? When it was not a last resort for her.

RR & JW phone records are valid and I have wonder if LE have checked to see if JW had tried to call Beth at any point after the 4pm sunday time, specially once it was known Beth didn't arrive back in Woodstock?
Wouldn't you call to make sure your best friend made it home safe?
I know as a friend I would have tried repeatly to contact her, and if not, wouldn't this suggest that she knew all along that Beth would not be on any train home?
How hard would it be to get a warrant for these records when they are the last two to see her and all records indicate she was not on that train?
Warrants, Is this public record?

:waitasec:

It appears there are only 2 car rental's places in Woodstock Illinois, I bet only one of them has the specific vehicle she was last seen in - 2009 White Nissan Ultima.

- Enterprise 760 S Eastwood Dr, Woodstock - (815) 334-2600

- Hertz 341 Lake Avenue, Woodstock - (815) 459-1257

I wonder - if that vehicle is available for rent - hopefully not, hopefully LE is going thru it with a fine tooth comb!

JW fb is now private...

I'm howling becuz i'm sure she had no idea it was PUBLIC up until this morning!

(hellooooo, check those settings people! LOL)

Too late sweetie - the WWW saw you smear your BFF!

;)

ETA: ALSO, all history prior to May 28th has been DELETED! VANISHED! GONZO! I happened to still have it opened!

It appears there are only 2 car rental's places in Woodstock Illinois, I bet only one of them has the specific vehicle she was last seen in - 2009 White Nissan Ultima.

- Enterprise 760 S Eastwood Dr, Woodstock - (815) 334-2600

- Hertz 341 Lake Avenue, Woodstock - (815) 459-1257

I wonder - if that vehicle is available for rent - hopefully not, hopefully LE is going thru it with a fine tooth comb!

Although Hertz is listed as a car rental place in Woodstock, I don't believe I have ever seen any cars available to rent. Anyone who is renting in Woodstock rents at enterprise and this would be pretty close to BB's house.

The name if the homeowner attached to the rehab'd house in Mt. Vernon is also listed at whitepages with address & phone number in Woodstock.

After checking i see the info also matches up with Mchenry County Parcels info.

ok question can I snip a comment about JW & RR by a close friend that is information she knows to be fact? that is posted on the FB page?

or just post the link?

sorry if I did wrong still learning here

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic=144&post=549&uid=122739057758360#!/topic.php?uid=122739057758360&topic=144

....we can look for the discussion.

it was only a matter of time before it was out on the table....IMO.

ETA: Would Beth really be associated with these types???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove