Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read it takes friends one half in years to stop feeling the pain, so if you knew the person 10 years, it takes 5 years to move on. With a loved one it must always be there.

G'morning everyone,

I don't want to raise a ruckus but since there are rumors of Beth being in a circle of friends that do drugs I really thought I should share >>>>> I've been scanning photo's with my peepers peeled for a LARGE white purse and instead noticed this one photo of her with something in her hand:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?p...58360&id=1203590199&ref=pf&fbid=1068009259482

Let the debating begin....

G'morning everyone,

I don't want to raise a ruckus but since there are rumors of Beth being in a circle of friends that do drugs I really thought I should share >>>>> I've been scanning photo's with my peepers peeled for a LARGE white purse and instead noticed this one photo of her with something in her hand:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?p...58360&id=1203590199&ref=pf&fbid=1068009259482

:floorlaugh: Funny you brought that up. :floorlaugh:
I noticed that earlier, and thought that ciggie makes her hand and knee look larger than life. But what do I know!

G'morning everyone,

So she smokes cigarettes. It is not illegal. How is this relevent to the missing persons case?

So she smokes cigarettes. It is not illegal. How is this relevent to the missing persons case?

it did not appear to be a cigarette to me...perception is a funny thing. Mind you, it's not lit, so she is not technically smoking NOR inhaling.

just saying.

:waitasec:

I dunno I was ONLY looking for Beth with a white purse.

:croc:

ETA: only looking for details surrounding the weekend she disappeared - what was she doing? who was she with? what were they up to? was it for good or no good?

Known 'facts'. Beth last spoke with her husband at appx 4pm Sunday May 23rd.
JW claims to have dropped Beth of between 4:30-5:30 Sunday. We've read a pretty large window.

What I haven't seen asked or discussed is who saw JW Sunday evening?
How far is the home owned by the R's from neighbors?
Did the neighbors see or hear anything unusual?
What time did JW arrive home Monday?
What time was the rental car returned?
What did JW and RR do for dinner Sunday night?
How did they spend their Sunday Evening and Monday morning before returning to Woodstock?

A lot of speculation on risky life styles or perhaps poor choices, but not really much discussion on getting to the meat of this case. If we can find more information on what JW and RR were doing between the time they claim to have dropped Beth off and the time they arrived back in Woodstock, perhaps we can help find answers on where and what happened to Beth.

I think the question about all the speculation about BB being a drug user vs a non drug user has piqued the interest of some. That does not look like a cig to me. With all of the statements being made about JW being an active drug user etc. While the statements said BB was not a drug user etc.. this could be perfectly true. However, I think it's an interesting thing to try to figure out. Would or could there have been a drug accident? A coverup from drug use? Did she not participate in drugs ever and therefore did she fall victim to an unknown? So many questions. I think by trying to establish these things as fact or fiction are important as to what could have or have not happened.

For Example:
A known smoker all of a sudden drops dead.
1) Embolism?
2)Heart Attack
3) Stroke

All things that would be high risk for as a smoker.

I am not being ugly in the least but I would like to know how it has been confirmed as fact that BB actually spoke to her husband on 4:15 on sunday? By his word? Has this been confirmed through LE by phone records? And even so, anyone could have made a call from her phone etc.. Playing devils advocate here.

Hi Cubby, I see you are in Illinois. I think historically we can look at cases all over this state that have not had the proper avenues investigated when the focus becomes to narrow allowing an actual perp to get away. People wrongfully arrested, convicted and executed. Not saying that will be the case with BB but with so many agencies and towns involved it could leave a larger margin for error, realistically. Though, I hope this is not the case but anything truly is possible.

I am not being ugly in the least but I would like to know how it has been confirmed as fact that BB actually spoke to her husband on 4:15 on sunday? By his word? Has this been confirmed through LE by phone records? And even so, anyone could have made a call from her phone etc.. Playing devils advocate here.

Hi Cubby, I see you are in Illinois. I think historically we can look at cases all over this state that have not had the proper avenues investigated when the focus becomes to narrow allowing an actual perp to get away. People wrongfully arrested, convicted and executed. Not saying that will be the case with BB but with so many agencies and towns involved it could leave a larger margin for error, realistically. Though, I hope this is not the case but anything truly is possible.

True for the most part, but focusing on missing persons cases only for a moment here. Especially in NE IL. LE in this area is known to keep things much closer to the vest than other area's of the country as we see by being members of WS.

For example, John Spira's sister has verbally expressed her frustration with lack of answers and information on her brothers case. I just watched the discovery id show which aired in March on Johns case. ( a friend recorded it for me.) When Mark Edwalds from DuPage was interviewed for the show I did not 'see' a lack of interest on his part. I saw more of a lack of answers or leads. So no leads, no news to report. The most important thing at that point is to keep the missing persons case in the face of the public such as we do here.

I have a few theories but will share them in another post.

it did not appear to be a cigarette to me...perception is a funny thing. Mind you, it's not lit, so she is not technically smoking NOR inhaling.

just saying.

:waitasec:

I dunno I was ONLY looking for Beth with a white purse.

:croc:

ETA: only looking for details surrounding the weekend she disappeared - what was she doing? who was she with? what were they up to? was it for good or no good?

BBM. I looked again, it looks lit to me. If you look closely at the glove compartment it looks like there is a little bit of smoke where the grey area looks a little lighter in color where smoke would be coming from the cigarette. The angle she is holding the cigarette is such a way the lit end can not be seen. It also looks to me like one of those thin cigarettes. Maybe not as thin as a Capri, but as thin as a Virginia Slim. Also, (and I am a smoker...) if she was holding the cigarette and hadn't taken a drag in a bit the cigarette could have died out on it's own before completely burning to the butt. Especially in a car. It has happened to me countless times while driving.

Also, I can't see someone who works in an attorneys office for an attorney posting a picture participating in illegal activity. It would be too detrimental to the practice. The other photo's, regardless of one's thoughts on them, demonstrate nothing illegal.

JMO

True for the most part, but focusing on missing persons cases only for a moment here. Especially in NE IL. LE in this area is known to keep things much closer to the vest than other area's of the country as we see by being members of WS.

For example, John Spira's sister has verbally expressed her frustration with lack of answers and information on her brothers case. I just watched the discovery id show which aired in March on Johns case. ( a friend recorded it for me.) When Mark Edwalds from DuPage was interviewed for the show I did not 'see' a lack of interest on his part. I saw more of a lack of answers or leads. So no leads, no news to report. The most important thing at that point is to keep the missing persons case in the face of the public such as we do here.

I have a few theories but will share them in another post.

I read about his case a long time ago but am not too familiar with all the aspects of it. Would love to hear more about it.

LE in this state is not short of the good ole boy system and corruption. I say that with the highest respect for those in LE but sadly, that is plain fact and truth along with the other various corrupt people who have ruined this state. The Sheriff's departments of the counties in particular have a proven track record of botching these types of cases, would be happy to discuss sometime :)

Did the Namus last known time seen alive ever get cleared up??
I saw where an earlier poster commented how it would contradict all given statements. I find that very curious if that is actually the case.

Can someone please clear up if JW boyfriend family, RR, family was friends with the SB and BB family?? How well did the SB and BB family know the R family?? All that seems to be out there is that he was the "boyfriend" of JW - However, by looking at some networking sites, makes me curious to know if they actually knew this R family better than just being a random. Make sense?

I read about his case a long time ago but am not too familiar with all the aspects of it. Would love to hear more about it.

LE in this state is not short of the good ole boy system and corruption. I say that with the highest respect for those in LE but sadly, that is plain fact and truth along with the other various corrupt people who have ruined this state. The Sheriff's departments of the counties in particular have a proven track record of botching these types of cases, would be happy to discuss sometime :)

John has a thread in the missing but not forgotten discussion forum. I don't want to get OT in Beth's thread. :)

I agree there is some history in NE IL as you described above, but County is not investigating Beth's case. The city of Woodstock is correct?

Cubby, the media report I heard was..

Jefferson County, Illinois State Police, Amtrack Police and Woodstock. That is ALOT!!

Cubby, the media report I heard was..

Jefferson County, Illinois State Police, Amtrack Police and Woodstock. That is ALOT!!

But Woodstock is the main agency with the assistance of other agenices. It is not uncommon for more than one agency to be involved.

This just occured to me.

Why have we not heard more about the 4:15 pm phone call between Beth and her DH entailed? IIRC, the media only reported that Beth did not mention anything about a train.

Why no info on what Beth DID mention? What did the conversation between BB and SB entail? Did she not mention what she was doing that afternoon. I'm thinking along the lines of:
How are the kids...... we finished working for the day and are boating, or are.... doing whatever activity. As much as Beth reportedly texted and phoned she MUST have been sharing what activities she was doing.

IF this info about them boating is true, I wonder...

Where they drinking? If so, did an argument ensue? Could someone have pushed Beth and she accidently fell out of the boat? Knocked her head? Possibly not been wearing life jackets? JW and RR get scared....... and create a story not wanting to be blamed for an accident?-which would happen even if it was an accident if someone was under the influence. Pure speculation on that thought of course without verification they went boating.

I'm very curious now what that last conversation between Beth and her husband entailed. Perhaps there are some clues there. Especially if she sounded a little tipsy?

IF this info about them boating is true, I wonder...

Where they drinking? If so, did an argument ensue? Could someone have pushed Beth and she accidently fell out of the boat? Knocked her head? Possibly not been wearing life jackets? JW and RR get scared....... and create a story not wanting to be blamed for an accident?-which would happen even if it was an accident if someone was under the influence. Pure speculation on that thought of course without verification they went boating.

Sorry to quote myself, thinking more along the lines of the above theory. God forbid, if they were drinking or using recreational drugs, and Beth had fallen out of a boat without a life jacket. She is a large woman and I imagine it would be difficult for someone to go in and save her. Especially if she was unconscious or panicking.

Sadly, if the above scenario happened, I can see JW and RR being very afraid for the consequences especially knowing Beths husband is an attorney.

Do we know if RR owned or had friends down in Mt.Vernon with a boat? Which lakes have boat rentals in that area and do we know if LE has checked records to see IF they rented a boat on Sunday and at what time.

Locals. Can you help us out here? Can someone put together a list of lakes in the Mt. Vernon area and which have boat rentals?

Perhaps posting fliers at the lakes in the area - if there are boat houses, a building, or parking lot area where fliers could be posted and not get too damaged by the elements.

If they did go boating, I imagine someone saw them. not everyone pays attention to missing persons cases and not everyone watches the news (for more than say sports or weather).

I don't have a good feeling about this one. Right now, some kind of accident on a boat stands out the most of the possibilities I have considered.

But Woodstock is the main agency with the assistance of other agenices. It is not uncommon for more than one agency to be involved.

Yes, I know it isn't uncommon at all. However, more hands in the cookie jar and information gets lost in translation. 9/11 would be a good example of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member