Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is there no one posting on here? Has something happened? I am new here and don't completly understand how all of this works. I see nothing since 8:56AM yesterday. I know that the FB site is very slow now as well. Maybe because the search party plan sort of got shot down. We all still need to put our heads together, she hasn't been found yet..... we can't just give up! JMO

I am wondering why the LE has not issued any updates period???

I am wondering why the LE has not issued any updates period???

I am wondering why no one at all is saying anything? It is like nothing is being done period! Almost as though it never happened.:waitasec:

I think the case is going nowhere for now, same ol' same ol'. The LE must be swamped with tips and leads, probably to busy to give out any info.

A lady on facebook told me this morn that a family member of her's stopped at a fast food place and chatted with a State Trooper, this fellow did not say much, but did say that "hikers will probably find her". Sad.

Why is there no one posting on here? Has something happened? I am new here and don't completly understand how all of this works. I see nothing since 8:56AM yesterday. I know that the FB site is very slow now as well. Maybe because the search party plan sort of got shot down. We all still need to put our heads together, she hasn't been found yet..... we can't just give up! JMO

bbm
I can only speak for myself but I am always reading this thread. I am on several threads so I go back and forth between forums. Some forums have several things happening quite quickly. I haven't forgotten Beth, though.

I think the case is going nowhere for now, same ol' same ol'. The LE must be swamped with tips and leads, probably to busy to give out any info.

A lady on facebook told me this morn that a family member of her's stopped at a fast food place and chatted with a State Trooper, this fellow did not say much, but did say that "hickers will probably find her". Sad.

I assume that"HICKERS" means down here in the Mt.Vernon area? I have always thought she never left here. IMO. It is so sad, for everyone.

I think it's just lack of information/new ideas.... So sad.

I assume that"HICKERS" means down here in the Mt.Vernon area? I have always thought she never left here. IMO. It is so sad, for everyone.

Sorry Snowz, Hikers, not hickers. Are there hiking trails near Mount Vernon? What about Centralia area. I wonder if she was depressed and went away to kill herself? Somebody has posted on facebook about an old windowless school house that she may be in, I don't get what it means.

Sorry Snowz, Hikers, not hickers. Are there hiking trails near Mount Vernon? What about Centralia area. I wonder if she was depressed and went away to kill herself? Somebody has posted on facebook about an old windowless school house that she may be in, I don't get what it means.

HIKERS not HICKERS! I think there are some around the lakes and such. Not a lot though. To the south there are many places to hike around bluffs and things like that. There are a few around Mt.Vernon but I don't know about Centralia.

There is no new news on Beths case and threads here do get slow at times when there is no new information.

The missing FB page for Beth had something posted claiming they were messages from the family. On of the messages from the family which stated it was not the time to set up organized searches. Since LE has not put out any new news, I don't know if the families message about not being the right time for organized searches came from LE and if so, what reasons LE gave, or it is coming from the family being in denial only wishing to look at the possibility that Beth left on her own accord or a different possibility.

I haven't fogotten Beth and I am sure many others here haven't either. It is just with no new news people don't always have something new to post.

I wish LE would organize some searches and request the assistance of TES for a search, though I don't know that they would until they have narrowed a specific area to search.

JMO

If it's hot and muggy there, could it be because the searching could be too dangerous? Just wondering. There are so many possible reasons they might say it, some better than others, admittedly.

There is no new news on Beths case and threads here do get slow at times when there is no new information.

The missing FB page for Beth had something posted claiming they were messages from the family. On of the messages from the family which stated it was not the time to set up organized searches. Since LE has not put out any new news, I don't know if the families message about not being the right time for organized searches came from LE and if so, what reasons LE gave, or it is coming from the family being in denial only wishing to look at the possibility that Beth left on her own accord or a different possibility.

I haven't fogotten Beth and I am sure many others here haven't either. It is just with no new news people don't always have something new to post.

I wish LE would organize some searches and request the assistance of TES for a search, though I don't know that they would until they have narrowed a specific area to search.

JMO

Cubby, "My thoughts here", If JW has been completely honest, and she did drop Beth off at the train station, wouldn't the obvious place to search be in the Centralia train station area? Maybe it all comes down to money, Gov Quinn has been stiffing LE all over Illinois.

HIKERS not HICKERS! I think there are some around the lakes and such. Not a lot though. To the south there are many places to hike around bluffs and things like that. There are a few around Mt.Vernon but I don't know about Centralia.

I wonder if RR liked to hike?

Cubby, "My thoughts here", If JW has been completely honest, and she did drop Beth off at the train station, wouldn't the obvious place to search be in the Centralia train station area? Maybe it all comes down to money, Gov Quinn has been stiffing LE all over Illinois.

A few thoughts. First I really think there are no LE searches because they don't have a starting point at this point in time. I doubt LE would ever not proceed on an investigation due to budget constraints. Plus NOT all area's of IL have budget defecits. DuPage county had a 12 million dollar budget surplus for 2009. I think the family would have to be pushing LE for searches and I do not get the impression that is happening. I think the majority of LE budget comes from within the city/town or county rather than the state.

I've wondered if perhaps Beth got on the wrong train, but I think someone would have recognized her or she would have called being lost and in the wrong city or town if that were the case so I have kind of dismissed that possibility.

I am wondering why no one at all is saying anything? It is like nothing is being done period! Almost as though it never happened.:waitasec:

It does strike me as odd, at this point, that the Husband / Adult Children aren't doing more / encouraging others to do more to find her. At first, I understood, the stress and shock of it all would be preoccupying, but 35 days in, I'd think they would at least be asking for / allowing more help to find her.

Perhaps they are, and it's just not being communicated?

Regardless, I don't think her family is involved, but the inaction almost makes it seem like there is more to the story than the public knows.

I can only speculate, and try to put myself in their shoes... but if my spouse were missing, I'd be doing everything I could to find her. If, however, I had a legitimate reason to believe she DID run off... I'd be just sitting back waiting, too, and not encouraging others to put forth massive amounts of energy on my behalf... including LE.

As I said a few days ago... If I lived less that 5 hours away from Centralia, I'd be searching for abandonments and foreclosures near the station, with open access. I just don't see adding Centralia to the story for no reason. I'd be looking there.

Hi all. New to post but have been reading here and on FB. I don't know any of the folks involved but I do live in S.Illinois and my hubby is from MV. I wonder how many other times BB went on weekend "getaways" with her gf's? Was this common for her? The whole family "dynamics" is bothering me with this situation too. Is there really any reason to believe that she just ran away? Has she done that before but called/came back after a day or two? Was she depressed/on meds that she stopped taking and just "disappeared"? The BFF still works in the same office... huh? How odd is that? No big family pleas in the media or candlight vigils or searches and the last known person to speak with her still works with the husband over a month later?! VERY strange.

Unfortunately, the problem with the whole idea of searching in the areas Beth vanished, is that as I have stated before there are tons of abandoned farms and houses with wells, properties with barns that haven't been in use for 50 years, etc. This is a once thriving community that's population has decreased since businesses such as coal mines and World Color Press left. Some of the businesses that left reopened, but there are still a lot of properties that are abandoned in the area.

Perhaps they are, and it's just not being communicated?

Regardless, I don't think her family is involved, but the inaction almost makes it seem like there is more to the story than the public knows.

BINGO! My thoughts EXACTLY! I'm getting the same impression.

Hi all. New to post but have been reading here and on FB. I don't know any of the folks involved but I do live in S.Illinois and my hubby is from MV. I wonder how many other times BB went on weekend "getaways" with her gf's? Was this common for her? The whole family "dynamics" is bothering me with this situation too. Is there really any reason to believe that she just ran away? Has she done that before but called/came back after a day or two? Was she depressed/on meds that she stopped taking and just "disappeared"? The BFF still works in the same office... huh? How odd is that? No big family pleas in the media or candlight vigils or searches and the last known person to speak with her still works with the husband over a month later?! VERY strange.

Welcome to WS 2catlady. From what we know, which isn't much, Beth did take weekend getaways in the past with her friends and/or JW. THere has been nothing stated that Beth has any medical conditions, if so, there are other alerts, such as a SILVER alert which can be issued ( kind of like an amber alert but for different circumstances) when someone has a medical issue. If Beth had a medical issue, I imagine that would have been used, or if not her missing persons status would have been changed/upgraded to included medical needs or issues.

As for JW still working with SB. I am not going to speculate on the reasons, because we just don't know and they would be pure rumor- which is a no no here at WS.

Again, welcome to WS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member