Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, the problem with the whole idea of searching in the areas Beth vanished, is that as I have stated before there are tons of abandoned farms and houses with wells, properties with barns that haven't been in use for 50 years, etc. This is a once thriving community that's population has decreased since businesses such as coal mines and World Color Press left. Some of the businesses that left reopened, but there are still a lot of properties that are abandoned in the area.

Good points. In addition, I imagine standing and looking over the vast area's possibilitys to search it would be difficult to come up with a starting point for an organized search.

However, what is ODD is that there has been no request from LE to ask citizens to search their private property. Often we see requests from LE or the family, for private property owers to search their property for any signs of the missing person or their belongings. We have not seen such a request in Beths case. From LE or the family.

There has been a request on the FB page for any one that has knowledge or locations about a small, one room, weathered, windows broken out, abandoned building or house to call the police so it can be searched. What is up with this? Did someone give them a "CLUE"? Could this be the lead they need to get something started?

There has been a request on the FB page for any one that has knowledge or locations about a small, one room, weathered, windows broken out, abandoned building or house to call the police so it can be searched. What is up with this? Did someone give them a "CLUE"? Could this be the lead they need to get something started?

I'm always leary of tips that come through FB or a website blog or forum such as this. Why didn't the person with the tip call LE with it first rather than post it on a website? In instances when the first contact regarding a tip is NOT directly called to LE - I think it is just a bone to get people talking about the case again. Not that it is not credible, I just find it odd that if this were a credible tip - LE would not have made a statement regarding such via the media so the public would be aware of it. Newspaper or TV media is far more reaching than a FB page....

JMO

From the above northwest herald link.

"Police have been unable to verify whether Bentley boarded a 6:08 p.m. train bound for Chicago".

It has been 37 days since Beth went missing. I would think by now LE should be able to make an official statement whether they ruled out Beth boarding a train for Chicago. Unless LE has already made a statement regarding such which I have missed.

JMO

I just checked the facebook page, seems I missed some info posted by a friend of RR, anybody over here know what was deleted, or why?

I just checked the facebook page, seems I missed some info posted by a friend of RR, anybody over here know what was deleted, or why?

Please anyone? Looked like it was something worth seeing for sure.. they said it was turned over to LE?

Please anyone? Looked like it was something worth seeing for sure.. they said it was turned over to LE?

It was probably just a bunch of rude nasty remarks about Beth again, like what JW said.

Thought that it was interesting that East Alton is only 1:45 from Mt. Vernon.
MO - Bonnie Woodward - 46 years old - Alton - June 25, 2010
http://www.kmov.com/news/local/Polic...-97244254.html

by Jeff Mason
KMOV.com
Posted on June 26, 2010 at 9:52 PM
Updated yesterday at 10:17 PM

Quote:
(KMOV) -- Police are looking for a woman with a special needs child who went missing Friday.

Alton Police said they are looking for 46-year-old Bonnie Woodward who was last seen Friday at 3 p.m. She was last seen by a coworker at Eunice Smith Nursing Home talking to a white man who is said to be about 40 years old.

The coworker said she saw Woodward get in a car with the man, leaving her car behind. Police describe the car as a silver or grey Chevy Malibu.

Police are concerned for Woodward because she has a special needs child at home who she checks in one about every two hours. There has been no activity on her cell phone since she disappeared.

If you have any information, call the Alton Police Department.

Last edited by summer_breeze; 06-27-2010 at 05:24 PM.

This was not a TIP this was a vision/premonition someone had where Beth showed them a small white structure with paint peeling, someone else asked if anyone knew of a building like this in the area to let them know...

Note this request was not posted by the family or admin of the site..

It was a rude remark about Beth being dead :(
Someone else looked on R's page and the guy had said that he would see R tonight.

It was a rude remark about Beth being dead :(
Someone else looked on Ryan's page and the guy had said that he would see Ryan tonight.

I saw the comment on FB. It said, essentially, "You'll never find her, you should all just shut up."

If you clicked on his name, and went to his FB page, it said he had plans to meet "R" later on. Of course, R is RR's first name, but he also had 2 other R's on his friends list, besides RR... so it would be a bit presumptuous to assume it's RR he was referring to in that post.

Also, after looking through the FB page... I don't think anyone ever identified the exact pattern / style for the Vera Bradley bag (or if they did, they need to add it to the info page). I found the pic of the bag posted at the BB FB:

28711_1493799147603_1312776874_1425145_4816057_n.jpg

and looked around the interwebz until I found a match. It's a Vera Bradley "Large Duffel" and the pattern is "Loves Me" from the Spring 2010 collection. They sell for $80 new, apparently... So I could see someone trying to sell it if they found it abandoned, in good shape, somewhere... for anyone keeping an eye out.

I saw the comment on FB. It said, essentially, "You'll never find her, you should all just shut up."

If you clicked on his name, and went to his FB page, it said he had plans to meet "R" later on. Of course, R is RR's first name, but he also had 2 other R on his friends list, besides RR... so it would be a bit presumptuous to assume it's RR he was referring to in that post.

Also, after looking through the FB page... I don't think anyone ever identified the exact pattern / style for the Vera Bradley bag (or if they did, they need to add it to the info page). I found the pic of the bag posted at the BB FB:

28711_1493799147603_1312776874_1425145_4816057_n.jpg

and looked around the interwebz until I found a match. It's a Vera Bradley "Large Duffel" and the pattern is "Loves Me" from the Spring 2010 collection. They sell for $80 new, apparently... So I could see someone trying to sell it if they found it abandoned, in good shape, somewhere... for anyone keeping an eye out.

This post has the other items Beth had. I wasn't sure if you had seen it. Her ring, phone, necklace and purse.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - IL IL - Bennedetta "Beth" Bentley, 41, Woodstock/Centralia 23 May 2010 - Part 2

This was not a TIP this was a vision/premonition someone had where Beth showed them a small white structure with paint peeling, someone else asked if anyone knew of a building like this in the area to let them know...

Note this request was not posted by the family or admin of the site..

my friend used to be from MTV, i called her tonight & she says there is an old abandonded rock quarry down there & it had an old white building/shed.

The longer this drags on with no action, the more it really is beginning to feel as if something doesn't add up here.

There is a definite appearance of inaction on the part of LE. No one can say what, if anything, they are doing, but from the outside, at least, it appears to be nothing.

The search party the FB people were trying to organize was nixed by SB c/o Sheryll Ginger... because the family feel "secure that the detective and police are doing what they are suppose to do. Just because your not being given information doesn't mean that they aren't."

There also seems to be a huge disconnect between the people participating on the FB page who want to find BB, and those who are communication with the family... the representatives often seeming standoffish and extremely cryptic.

It just isn't unfolding like a missing persons case... It almost seems as if they are just trying to confirm what they already seem to know before acknowledging it publicly (what that is, that they know, I have no idea)...

but, between the lines, at least, it seems to me, that the family, and their representatives, are discouraging people from putting a lot of time, effort, or money into finding BB.

IMHO.

<<The longer this drags on with no action, the more it really is beginning to feel as if something doesn't add up here.??

Me too!

<<There is a definite appearance of inaction on the part of LE. No one can say what, if anything, they are doing, but from the outside, at least, it appears to be nothing.>>

I feel the family knows more and is choosing not to share, why wood they, I bet they are tiered of seeing details of their lives plastered on facebook. I get the impression that SB is a very private man.

<<The search party the FB people were trying to organize was nixed by SB c/o SG... because the family feel "secure that the detective and police are doing what they are suppose to do. Just because your not being given information doesn't mean that they aren't.">>

I don't believe SG has or even wants that kind of power. Perhaps no search party is called together because LE has info where she is. At times it seems we are all just being strung along. Notice how the facebook administers are starting to be short with people, I bet they are fed up with volunteering for this, not getting all the facts, plus they are trying so hard to keep people interested in the case.

<<There also seems to be a huge disconnect between the people participating on the FB page who want to find BB, and those who are communication with the family... the representatives often seeming standoffi
sh and extremely cryptic.>>

I see the cryptic stuff too, like when the the facebook administrators keep pounding away the "Centralia/train" story is not true, then AGM posted last week something like "somebody in Centrailia knows were Beth is".
That makes me think perhaps JW did drop Beth off at the Centralia local, but not to catch a train.

<<It just isn't unfolding like a missing persons case... It almost seems as if they are just trying to confirm what they already seem to know before acknowledging it publicly (what that is, that they know, I have no idea)>>

I agree.

<<but, between the lines, at least, it seems to me, that the family, and their representatives, are discouraging people from putting a lot of time, effort, or money into finding BB.>>

If I felt we were getting the straight story, I'd be helping out with a donation, etc., but I believe we are being sucked into piles of lies. MF, one of the Fundraiser Organisers posted on facebook last night a very insulting post, calling the facebook posters names, and stating how the facebook posters aren't giving enough money to the cause. It was very mean and offensive. The post was removed overnight.

I would have to agree, there seems to be a lot of...weird drama...surrounding this case. I fear that if no official facts/updates are released to the public soon people will loose interest, which makes me sad for Beth. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove