Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What if the plan of Beth and JW was to meet back in northern Illinois, near Woodstock, on Monday afternoon? JW would not have missed Beth until she wasn't at the meeting point. And JW couldn't have answered calls from Beth's family on Monday in the car, because Beth wouldn't have been in the car to talk to them.

CuriousOne.......That is a very good point you have made. Maybe Sunday after the 4:15 call which SB stated he talked to her, she did go to Centralia and meet with someone and maybe she and JW were not suppose to meet till Monday or say Tuesday at work. BB don't show and what is JW suppose to say??? Just a thought. If she was covering for BB so she could meet ?, what would JW tell SB? That would explain not answering the calls from any of the family. And if I was off on a fling with some guy???, I don't think I would have time to be calling or texting all my friends or family. Upon returning you could always say the phone was out of range, battery was down, misplaced it, etc. So there could be lots of reasons to not answer it as far as from BB reasons for not being available. IMO

At the risk of sounding like a broken record regarding the rental car, I'm still not sure how it all fits but my gut feeling is that it does somehow. IF something horrible happened on Sun (after the last known call)... AND the bff knows that the other person is deceased but for whatever reason, wants to detach herself from the situation and not have to face it or deal with it.... AND she has other modes of transportation home, WHY drive the rental car home? Why not just ditch it somewhere? I wonder too if there was a plan to meet up somewhere on Monday and we just haven't heard about it.

IMO ditching the car would lead to evidence of possible foul play. JW would not want to lead LE to any reason to believe foul play if she was involved. Plus if she ditched the car she would have had to call LE and report Beth missing before leaving Mt. Vernon to report Beth missing. And what would she say? an entirely different story than Beth using their weekend for a cover to meet someone.

JMO

IMO ditching the car would lead to evidence of possible foul play. JW would not want to lead LE to any reason to believe foul play if she was involved. Plus if she ditched the car she would have had to call LE and report Beth missing before leaving Mt. Vernon to report Beth missing. And what would she say? an entirely different story than Beth using their weekend for a cover to meet someone.

JMO

If there was ANY crime committed here, they probably would not have used that car! It would be the first thing LE would look at once she was reported missing. IMO. RR had a vehicle and maybe whoever else was involved did as well. IF anything happened.

JMO

Respectfully snip'd

She wouldn't have to report her missing if she told LE that the BB took off in the car to meet someone and that they were going to meet up at such and such place on Monday. Car is later found without BB so a mystery person has her. It would still work in the whole cover up for a weekend hook-up. Would make more sense that dropping her off "somewhere" to meet "somebody" with no clue about what happened. JMO
She can't be too worried about any forensic type evidence in the car if she returned it.

If you were here for the entire weekend, why would you wait till Sunday afternoon to meet with this ??? guy. I would think you would have spent the entire time with him, unless you had just met him say Saturday evening or earlier on Sunday. Then that being said, would you be willing to take off with a man you just met? BB should have been smarter than that. That is a huge risk to take for a stranger? And wouldn't JW know his name, what he drove, where they met or something? LE would/should have checked all of that by now. IMO

I
The photo is not a particularly flattering picture of Beth, IMO. If that is what she looks like day-to-day, that's the photo (cropped) that should be on all the missing-person fliers.

I noticed yesterday in looking at what pics that I could see from her FB wall, she seemed to "sparkle" in the older pics of her and JW in CA but she has really "sad" eyes in her recent photo's. Just really made me wonder what the rest of the story really is. JMO of course!

Admittedly, at first, it seemed the obvious way to go with this case... to pin it on JW... but after 8 weeks, it might serve BB best to start considering all the available options.

IMO
When I look outside the box, first that comes to mind is NR mainly because he is the one they seem to protect the most his name is never included, yet he was there, why is that?
I have always felt he is a big piece of this puzzle.
I have wondered if he isn't now driving the white van too, maybe RR past it to him when he got the newer gold van?
I have a feeling that RR came back the day JW did as a last minute change of plains. Damage control? Plus if he was going to be questioned maybe he wanted it to be far away from the reno house. What did NR do was he still at the reno house cleaning up? They listed the house shortly after this. He was at the reno house a couple weeks later, so was he staying down there all the time?
This would explain a lot of JW actions as well, one of the questions she avoids answering is who was the second male at the Frosty Mig friday night. Also the sister RR seemed to get aggravated most on the thread when NR name was brought up. Afterwards she deleted all her comments except for a defensive comment for JW.
NR would have been younger (school age) when they lived in the MtV house he would have much more knowledge of the area and placed off the beaten path. Kids often find old abandon places to party and such as teens.
Were any of NR friends over saturday evening, I wonder if any of his friends in the Mt Vernon area have been question by the LE? Younger ones are more apt to talk IMO

Both of RR & NR charts suggest they should be looked at closer specially NR if you haven't read them you would find it interesting.
Forensic Astrology - BETH BENTLEY last heard from 5/23/2010 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

NR arrest record suggest a 'hair trigger' might be true
NRR
CASE ID 07CM002904
BATTERY/CAUSE BODILY HARM
http://www.co.mchenry.il.us/departments/circuitclerk/Pages/index.aspx

Questions, questions, questions, one thing this case never seems short of. :banghead:

If you were here for the entire weekend, why would you wait till Sunday afternoon to meet with this ??? guy. I would think you would have spent the entire time with him, unless you had just met him say Saturday evening or earlier on Sunday. Then that being said, would you be willing to take off with a man you just met? BB should have been smarter than that. That is a huge risk to take for a stranger? And wouldn't JW know his name, what he drove, where they met or something? LE would/should have checked all of that by now. IMO

Maybe the ??? guy was someone they met while out on the lake Saturday. Since RR lived in MV for a few years, they would have to know all about "party cove" at Rend Lake. Maybe then the ??? person met up in the evening with them to eat dinner and watch movies etc. so there was some comfort level already established. Just guessing here since we have NO time line and very little information to go on.

Respectfully snip'd

She wouldn't have to report her missing if she told LE that the BB took off in the car to meet someone and that they were going to meet up at such and such place on Monday. Car is later found without BB so a mystery person has her. It would still work in the whole cover up for a weekend hook-up. Would make more sense that dropping her off "somewhere" to meet "somebody" with no clue about what happened. JMO
She can't be too worried about any forensic type evidence in the car if she returned it.

True. Good point 2catlady. Though riskier to ditch the car and someone see RR's van or someone following the car to wherever they would have ditched it. IMO, IF something happened, JW returning the car bought them more time.

Can someone refresh my memory where Rend lake comes into this?
Was this from JW and has anyone- not involved- confirmed seeing them there that weekend?

When did JW first learn of the plans for Beth to meet someone? Before they left for southern IL or while they were in southern IL? This could be important imo, if Beth did meet someone. If JW knew before they left Woodstock, then this person was likely from Northern IL, but then why drive so far south to meet up? Why not meet up in Northern IL and say she was down south? And if she went to meet someone she met downsouth why not tell JW who she was meeting?

Possible. If so wouldn't JW have calls to Beth's phone which could be pinged to determine from where and at what time JW was trying to contact Beth to determine why she didn't make it to the meeting point on Monday? JW could offer those records to LE. This could help substantiate her story of what happened that weekend.

Do we even know JW tried to contact Beth between the time she claims to have dropped her off at or near the train station and the time JW returned the rental car? Do we even know there was a meet up time?

You would surely think that LE has checked into Beth's phone records and known the approximate location at which she was each time she used her phone that weekend. LE has repoted that they know her phone has had no activity since she was reported missing. If this means that the last time it was used was when she called SB is not known IIRC.

I'm 99.9% sure that if they needed a search warrant for past records of calls and locations where those calls were made from they would have received one from any judge they asked.

I would also think that with JW changing up her story (First drop off at train, then across the street, now to meet some guy) LE could have enough suspicion that they would have probable cause to ask for a warrant to look at her phone records and get a warrant also. If they don't get it, what do they have to lose.

I would be very curious to know if there were any calls made between JW and Beth after the drop off time, or where the pings from either of their phones placed them and if it was anywhere near Centraila. Or better yet the last place Beth's phone was used. All things I'm 99.9% sure LE already knows but are not letting out. My wife's phone goes off (vibrating I can hear it when I'm sitting on the couch watching TV and it is in her purse on the counter) about 1-2 times an hour just from receiving Email and text messages after she has gone to bed. I'm sure between JW and Beth's phone there would be plenty of pings to pinpoint and compare if they were together, when and for how long. LE might even be able to draw a map of the exact route that the two took from the time they left Woodstock until the time JW returned.

Of course all this is JMO.

In the case of Kelsey Smith in 2007 her phone records were used to locate her body. After a massive ground search that turned up nothing it took only 45 minutes after being told the last location her phone was used and to look 1.1 miles north of a cell phone tower to find her body.

Murder of Kelsey Smith

(snipped)

Police detectives reportedly found the body because of a cell phone ping that originated from the area on June 2[3], and a number of search areas were identified. Despite efforts by local law enforcement and eventually the FBI, it took Verizon Wireless three days to hand over the cell phone records to investigators.[5][6] There is much controversy on why it took Verizon so long to cooperate with law enforcement.[5] A Verizon technician pinpointed a cell phone tower and told investigators to search 1.1 miles north of the tower. Within 45 minutes, on June 6, 2007, at 1:30 p.m. local time, searchers discovered Smith's body in a wooded area near Longview Lake in southern Jackson County, Grandview, Missouri, 18 to 20 miles from where she had been abducted.[7] Upon report of her death, www.findkelsey.com went offline, and was quickly remade into a dedication site. Through subsequent investigation, the cause of death was determined to be strangulation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Kelsey_Smith

Was this from JW and has anyone- not involved- confirmed seeing them there that weekend?

When did JW first learn of the plans for Beth to meet someone? Before they left for southern IL or while they were in southern IL? This could be important imo, if Beth did meet someone. If JW knew before they left Woodstock, then this person was likely from Northern IL, but then why drive so far south to meet up? Why not meet up in Northern IL and say she was down south? And if she went to meet someone she met downsouth why not tell JW who she was meeting?

Cubby.............Someone on FB said that it had been confimed that they were at Rend Lake and rented a boat on Saturday. I would guess either JW had to have told this or maybe BB credit card?

I don't know when the meeting plans took place, if it was before they left Woodstock or not. She ( JW ) said she didn't know who this person was "She didn't ask"

IMO
When I look outside the box, first that comes to mind is NR mainly because he is the one they seem to protect the most his name is never included, yet he was there, why is that?
I have always felt he is a big piece of this puzzle.
I have wondered if he isn't now driving the white van too, maybe RR past it to him when he got the newer gold van?
I have a feeling that RR came back the day JW did as a last minute change of plains. Damage control? Plus if he was going to be questioned maybe he wanted it to be far away from the reno house. What did NR do was he still at the reno house cleaning up? They listed the house shortly after this. He was at the reno house a couple weeks later, so was he staying down there all the time?
This would explain a lot of JW actions as well, one of the questions she avoids answering is who was the second male at the Frosty Mig friday night. Also the sister RR seemed to get aggravated most on the thread when NR name was brought up. Afterwards she deleted all her comments except for a defensive comment for JW.
NR would have been younger (school age) when they lived in the MtV house he would have much more knowledge of the area and placed off the beaten path. Kids often find old abandon places to party and such as teens.
Were any of NR friends over saturday evening, I wonder if any of his friends in the Mt Vernon area have been question by the LE? Younger ones are more apt to talk IMO

Both of RR & NR charts suggest they should be looked at closer specially NR if you haven't read them you would find it interesting.
Forensic Astrology - BETH BENTLEY last heard from 5/23/2010 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

NR arrest record suggest a 'hair trigger' might be true
NRR
CASE ID 07CM002904
BATTERY/CAUSE BODILY HARM
http://www.co.mchenry.il.us/departments/circuitclerk/Pages/index.aspx

Questions, questions, questions, one thing this case never seems short of. :banghead:

Ok... I looked at the link you posted for his judicial record... and I see nothing there to suggest he is dangerous, prone to violence, or has a hair trigger.

There are a couple of truancy arrests, an underaged drinking arrest, an arrest for possession of fireworks, and one arrest for misdemeanor battery, which is what I assume you are speaking of.

This arrest was in 2007, and NR received supervision for the offense. It's listed as misdemeanor battery, not felony or aggravated battery, and the sentence imposed on him would lead me to believe that this wasn't a major incident. It sounds more like he started a fight.

That, to me, does not make him any more likely to have done grievous bodily harm to someone.

A bit of a stretch, in my opinion.

...and again, couldn't it be possible that he isn't mentioned, and the police don't seem to be interested in him, because he isn't involved, beyond his physical proximity to BB that weekend?

I know we all want answers, especially those that know her, but the obsession with the JW/RR crew's guilt, again, in my opinion, is only hampering the search at this point.

Again, I'm not a LE advocate, but I do believe if it was as easily explained some want to believe, I do truly believe LE would have come up with something... ANYTHING... over the course of the last 8 weeks...

Again, perhaps I'm wrong... but just don't see LE being THAT inept, or JW&Co being master criminals who can completely cover their tracks.

I know a search warrant would be required for Beths phone records. However JW could willingly offer hers up to LE without a search warrant to assist in locating Beth and substantiated JW's story.

JMHO

JW was asked about the lake but she never confirmed nor denied that it took place. (Imagine that)

At July 9 at 7:09pm BS asked if they went to the lake. JW responded at July 9 at 7:30pm but didn't mention anything about earlier in the afternoon. Just what they did for supper and that Beth was talking with the guys when she went to the bathroom.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=122739057758360&v=wall&story_fbid=133869799978619

Why even drive to Centraila to meet this person? Why didn't this person come pick up Beth at the reno house? Unless he arrived by train, but then how did they get to where ever they were going to go? Wouldn't they have needed the rental car and Beth would have asked JW not to leave or just went to Centraila by herself to pick this person up if she didn't want JW to know who he was or what was going on?

I know a search warrant would be required for Beths phone records. However JW could willingly offer hers up to LE without a search warrant to assist in locating Beth and substantiated JW's story.

JMHO

Do we know for certain she hasn't?

She has not confirmed nor denied allowing LE to view her phone records, to my knowledge.

It seems likely she hasn't, but it's dangerous to assume that just because something isn't public knowledge, it didn't happen.

I guess what I am saying is that perhaps it might be best to first, find out if she has or hasn't given LE access to her phone records... and, perhaps, more importantly, if LE has even requested them, or has any interest in them, before we, collectively, start holding her feet to the fire for not giving them up.

Can anyone confirm, beyond speculation, whether LE requested the records, and if so if they were refused?

Does anyone know if the phone BB used was just in her name? If it was a joint account with SB a warrant wouldn't be needed... would it?

Do we know for certain she hasn't?

She has not confirmed nor denied allowing LE to view her phone records, to my knowledge.

It seems likely she hasn't, but it's dangerous to assume that just because something isn't public knowledge, it didn't happen.

I guess what I am saying is that perhaps it might be best to first, find out if she has or hasn't given LE access to her phone records... and, perhaps, more importantly, if LE has even requested them, or has any interest in them, before we, collectively, start holding her feet to the fire for not giving them up.

Can anyone confirm, beyond speculation, whether LE requested the records, and if so if they were refused?

My friend spoke to JW and her phone has not been looked at by the LE. The reason is, the LE has no probable cause to look at her phone. My friend, who is a detective (not involved in this case) also told me, there are so many cases when the LE believes that someone is involved, but because there is no proof, they cannot do anything. They cannot make them take a polygraph, they cannot check their phones, they can't do a thing. I am sure the LE suspect JW could be involved, but...without that evidence, their hands are tied. Unfortunately, I also believe because JW has smeared Beth's name and told all her secrets, the LE may not be taking this case as seriously as they should, because they must think there is a chance that Beth just took off. I believe the other problem is there are multiple LE involved, Woodstock, Mt Vernon, Centralia, etc, and too many cooks in the kitchen is not a good thing. These are JMO but JW DID tell my friend on the phone that her phone has not been checked by LE.

Does anyone know if the phone BB used was just in her name? If it was a joint account with SB a warrent wouldn't be needed... would it?

I don't know, but I am curious about what info they did discover from Beth's phone. There was confusion about this on FB early on, and a lot of discussions about what info could and could not be retrieved, but I don't think the family ever gave a clear cut answer about Beth's phone. It appeared to me that had some difficulty getting any information about the phone.

JMHO

Yes she could Cubby. JW could offer up her phone but hasn't (confirmed, my friend spoke to JW on the phone and JW's phone has not been looked at by the LE).

Why hasn't she? I mean, she is complaining that everybody is suspecting her, putting her and her family through so much. She claims she just dropped Beth off and knows nothing more. If that's true, wouldn't you give up your phone if it could prove you're innocent? It's so simple, and that again, is why I believe she is hiding something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erinrebano