Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a Lawyer...

I am so confused by all the different stories, what is really a fact or not. Can you give us the details of what you know is true without revealing any confidential information? Like which description of events by JW? How did she report to the police?

Thanks so much for coming here.

Well let's say hypothetically that the trip to MV BB and JW's idea. Also, let's assume that BB rented the car, and left her car at JW's place in the garage because she didn't want SB to find out.

Once BB is in MV, (No offense snowzbunny) but MV ain't Chicago or the surrounding suburbs if you know what I mean. Let's say BB wanted to leave, but JW was a bit klingy, and it became apparent that BB was going to hit the road, so to speak. Does JW's never the same story fit that?

The reason that I don't think the story is important is that if JW is lying, it doesn't tell us what happened, and it doesn't tell us what she knows (and we can assume that she won't just admit it, and we can assume that if she feels caught she will adjust the story and still not tell us our solution).

So what we can do is go from what we do know into what we don't. JW comes back and makes several admissions of less than noble behavior to about 5 of BB's friends sitting in a circle on a porch. It is not important what she said (we all know the gist of it), but she is telling it.

What is the story for?

The reason that I don't think the story is important is that if JW is lying, it doesn't tell us what happened, and it doesn't tell us what she knows (and we can assume that she won't just admit it, and we can assume that if she feels caught she will adjust the story and still not tell us our solution).

So what we can do is go from what we do know into what we don't. JW comes back and makes several admissions of less than noble behavior to about 5 of BB's friends sitting in a circle on a porch. It is not important what she said (we all know the gist of it), but she is telling it.

What is the story for?

To direct attention away from her?

If the story is I went to MV with BB, she wanted to leave, so I took her to the train station, and OBTW she was trying to break some sort of infidelty record .... what is the second part for?

Hey Joe,

But that didn't work .... Oh and that couldn't have worked. And all it did was make her nominee for POI of the year. Now some might posit, she miscalculated. Really? Could she have imagined that that story would somehow make it less likely that she was involved? I believe that we are missing something, but I can't put my finger on it.

And no, I don't mean an extra unreleased fact.

If the story is I went to MV with BB, she wanted to leave, so I took her to the train station, and OBTW she was trying to break some sort of infidelty record .... what is the second part for?

To include someone other than herself that might have been the last person to be with BB or hurt SB?

If JW and whoever had just buried a body (overdose, fight, accident, intentional) and she drives back into town tells the story, and then adds the other part ... I don't believe it can be because she wanted to draw attention away from herself. It just seems nonsensical to me.

But most crimes are nonsensical, but are most cover stories?

Well let's say hypothetically that the trip to MV BB and JW's idea. Also, let's assume that BB rented the car, and left her car at JW's place in the garage because she didn't want SB to find out.

Once BB is in MV, (No offense snowzbunny) but MV ain't Chicago or the surrounding suburbs if you know what I mean. Let's say BB wanted to leave, but JW was a bit klingy, and it became apparent that BB was going to hit the road, so to speak. Does JW's never the same story fit that?

First of all... welcome. I really appreciate it when people who are "in the know" add to this mystery. We may be slow done here in Souther Illinois but I'm just not following you here! :(
As I stated in my very first post, I don't know ANY of the folks involved but I do know the area. I grew up in this area as did my husband. I would bet that 80% if not more of MV folks know him or his family. SO... that being said, I have been to ALL of the areas mentioned ( Rend Lake, Miller Lake, the Frosty). I can promise you it ain't the city down here (I have lived in many area including 3rd world countries so I can speak with authority on that subject). BB WOULD have been noticed! I PROMISE you! I have even heard questions asked of ME in some of these small town bars around here: " You aren't from around here... are 'ya ?" And I'm NOTHING like BB ( a jeans and t-shirt kind of gal). That being said, I'm not a country "hick"...I have a college degree and have family that have and still do work in LE... so naive... we are NOT! This case is too strange though. People just don't disappear. NOT without someone noticing. Hell... my next door neighbors probably know when we go to bed and get up in the morning! Someone just doesn't disappear on their own free will in MV! The Frosty isn't a place you take a "date" either if this was a hook up spot! There just seems to be a huge cover-up in this case. Again, I don't have any interest in this other than I know this area well and the puzzle isn't coming together for me at least! JMHO

Why don't we think outside the box abit? Let's guess that the 4:15 call was not the last contact with the phone, and let's guess that the end of the JW story is not the end.

So do you know the phone was used again? I was confused by the fact that AGM on FB said it couldn't pinged, but couldn't go into detail. So that leads me to believe there is more info about that phone than is being told. If it was dead or not pinging why not just say there were no pings after 4:25 on5/23?

But that's my point exactly, the stories were BB had numerous liasions, but the story didn't point to a logical one. It was a shotgun unloading....

Catlady,

I meant no disrespect of Southern Illinois, I went to school there. It's a different sort of life, different than surburbia or Chicago. I entirely agree with you that a person from SI would know a person hanging around "wasn't from round here." And people tend to notice one another more down south. Which doesn't bode well for Beth "hiding" near MV.

I hope that LE has lots of information about the phone that they will choose to release soon. I believe that they are wasting an opportunity by not being more forthcoming with facts.

If JW and whoever had just buried a body (overdose, fight, accident, intentional) and she drives back into town tells the story, and then adds the other part ... I don't believe it can be because she wanted to draw attention away from herself. It just seems nonsensical to me.

But most crimes are nonsensical, but are most cover stories?

BBM

Maybe JW was trying to put attention on SB thinking LE would consider him a POI in his wife's disappearance because of her infidelity?

Also Cat ...

I don't understand what you are saying about Frosty's. What kind of place is it and who goes there?

I feel like my brain is stuck on dumb atm. I dont know anyone in this case either btw and live far away. I dont understand the shotgun unloading thing... pls explain? tia (thanksinadvance)

O/T

I received a msg on my fb page.. I am a member on beths page from AM wanting copies and/or a description of conversations or chats I had with JW, if any. Im curious if others here are also members and if they also got this request. It was very weird to me.

Thanks

Joe,

Could be, but JW is still the last person to see her according to the story. There's no way to get to Woodstock to implicate SB without being detected.

I have to think there's a better story than one that leaves JW as the last person to see BB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmoran4