Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this person someone who has been interviewed by LE??

I heard he was but of course, that was not directly from the LE so who knows if it's true or not? If JW's story to the LE is that she didn't know for sure who the guy was, but she suspected it was *advertiser censored*, I'd have to believe that LE would most certainly contact that guy.

Well, how about this, has the person you are referring to been seen around since BB has been gone? Is he acting differently?

Sorry, don't know the guy, never met him, just heard about him over several conversations a long time ago before Beth went missing, so I can't answer your questions.

Friendly reminder. No sleuthing WS members. Please do not ask who, or speculate our members identities. We value our members privacy.

What everyone wishes to discuss or reveal about their true identities outside of the WS forum is ok. However that should be a personal decision based on what personal information one is willing to share or reveal about themself online.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you!
Cubby

The better question is, even if Beth did run off with some guy, with or without JW's knowledge, WHY is she smearing Beth's name?

I'm glad to see at least SOME honest information seems to be emerging. This gives us, at least, something to go on...

That said, AlwaysThinking, looking at it from JW's perspective...

IF her story is true, and she did drop BB off at the train station, and BB disappeared willingly, leaving JW hanging...

I can see where she'd be more than a bit angry with BB for putting her in that position, and lashing out. I mean, her life has been turned upside down, the entire world seems to be positive of her guilt, and she is under intense, ongoing, constant scrutiny from all BB's friends and probably LE.

I can see not being pleased with the person who put you in that position, especially if JW believes her to be alive. I can't imagine being too concerned with maintaining my friendship with said individual, should she ever come back.

I mean, if her story is at all true... how much consideration did BB pay her before thrusting her, unwillingly, into the public eye?

That said, if she is involved, or has been less than forthcoming with LE, then, of course, all of the scrutiny is warranted, and I don't feel bad for her...

but, if she is being honest, then I can see being quite angry with BB.

^^Agreed. If JW is telling the truth-if I were in the same spot and a friend left me holding the bag, under suspicion regarding their disappearance, I would not be the least bit concerned if she was po'd at me for revealing her secrets. Especially if my job was on the line.

I'm glad to see at least SOME honest information seems to be emerging. This gives us, at least, something to go on...

IF her story is true, and she did drop BB off at the train station, and BB disappeared willingly, leaving JW hanging...

I can see where she'd be more than a bit angry with BB for putting her in that position, and lashing out. I mean, her life has been turned upside down, the entire world seems to be positive of her guilt, and she is under intense, ongoing, constant scrutiny from all BB's friends and probably LE.

I can see not being pleased with the person who put you in that position, especially if JW believes her to be alive. I can't imagine being too concerned with maintaining my friendship with said individual, should she ever come back.

I mean, if her story is at all true... how much consideration did BB pay her before thrusting her, unwillingly, into the public eye?

That said, if she is involved, or has been less than forthcoming with LE, then, of course, all of the scrutiny is warranted, and I don't feel bad for her...

Is Beth was "planning" to take off, why did she stash her car at JW home, and rent another car?

SO many people keep talking about JW smearing Beths name. Well, I personally have not seen any evidence of this either. Not like smearing her name to strangers..

If you recall on FB, JW was on there several times on a post started by her sister LW. There are 100 or so comments on that post. There were a lot of people asking JW a lot of questions. JW tried to answer a few questions, and then commented that her little girl is sick and she said she wants to answer anybody's questions but she can't on the FB wall because her daughter is sick, though, she would if people sent her a private message. I'm sure many jumped on that opportunity. JW has been sending private messages to people on FB telling them all kinds of details and yes, smearing Beth's name. Some of these messages were sent to people who are strangers to the Beth. I was one of the people that received a message as well as many others. Paschein also posted on WS that anyone who received a message from JW should report it to the police. I am guessing that many people who received private messages from JW notified AGM, the admin on FB. So, it is happening.

Friendly reminder. No sleuthing WS members. Please do not ask who, or speculate our members identities. We value our members privacy.

What everyone wishes to discuss or reveal about their true identities outside of the WS forum is ok. However that should be a personal decision based on what personal information one is willing to share or reveal about themself online.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you!
Cubby

Sorry :blushing:

Perhaps JW wanted these folks to "admire her" for her honesty, and to "thank her" for coming "clean", plus perhaps she thought if she planted some nasty seeds, folks would be disgusted in Beth, and not care what happened to her.

I think it is possible she is trying to not only damage the investigation, but she wants to undermine the support around Beth at this point. The more support Beth has, the better chance there is of finding Beth.
I would hope as BB best friend JW would be leading the group more, helping to find BB and giving us support in the way of information of the weekend. Simple things like telling us other places they might have stopped, for gas or food. So we could post more flyers in these areas.

JW throws just enough information out there to make people speculate about Beth and what all her dark secrets could be. By speculating, we are playing right into JW's hands, JMO but I think it is causes a huge injustice to BB. Because unlike JW, BB is not here to defend herself.. There is an old saying "Never speak ill of the dead" sense it is my opinion BB is no longer living I will respect that.

Finding Beth at this point is the key to chancing the whole aspect of the case and would then make it a criminal case. This would remove a lot of the ties that bind LE at this point and allow them to move forward in naming a POI / suspect and get access to the addition information they need at this point.

Personally, this case bothers me because I just cannot imagine someone who is taking off for kicks to be gone this long without a sighting, especially since fliers have been distributed in every place that BB loves, except Vegas.

She's a shopper. That isn't something you stop, and she was enough of a shopper for people around her to take notice. She was carrying a $100.00 Vera Bradley Loves Me weekender. You don't suddenly ditch Vera Bradley for Cherokee at WalMart because of great sex. Sorry. Women who like nice things just don't do that. If she were shopping true to form, people around where she is hiding would be nosy. They'd start talking.

If it was a simple I ran off, I screwed up, I'm not going to face the music-this case has an awful lot of publicity, and BB is not a simple woman. I don't think she could blend in for this long even if she wanted to. I think it has been established that she was very high maintenance. That isn't easily overcome.

I am still not 100% convinced it was foul play, because I was wrong about Jaycee Duggard's stepfather. But....... I am 89% sure.

Personally, this case bothers me because I just cannot imagine someone who is taking off for kicks to be gone this long without a sighting, especially since fliers have been distributed in every place that BB loves, except Vegas.

She's a shopper. That isn't something you stop, and she was enough of a shopper for people around her to take notice. She was carrying a $100.00 Vera Bradley Loves Me weekender. You don't suddenly ditch Vera Bradley for Cherokee at WalMart because of great sex. Sorry. Women who like nice things just don't do that. If she were shopping true to form, people around where she is hiding would be nosy. They'd start talking.

If it was a simple I ran off, I screwed up, I'm not going to face the music-this case has an awful lot of publicity, and BB is not a simple woman. I don't think she could blend in for this long even if she wanted to. I think it has been established that she was very high maintenance. That isn't easily overcome.

I am still not 100% convinced it was foul play, because I was wrong about Jaycee Duggard's stepfather. But....... I am 89% sure.

BBM
IMO This case has had very little publicity. I would know nothing of Beth Bentley being missing if not for websleuths. If Beth is anywhere other than there or on fb, she could easily miss any news of her being reported missing at all.

IMO if she were pregnant there would be a much easier solution than disappearing for 8 weeks leaving everything behind.

BBM
IMO This case has had very little publicity. I would know nothing of Beth Bentley being missing if not for websleuths. If Beth is anywhere other than there or on fb, she could easily miss any news of her being reported missing at all.

I know this isn't the case for everyone, but I am from the Illinois side of the STL area, and I heard about BB locally. I came to Websleuths after hearing about this case in order to keep up to date with the news. The people looking for her are keeping the case in the public eye, via fliers, etc. People do not often go missing from here, it's not like a city.

BBM

Sadnpod.....All she would have to do is 'GOOGLE' her own name! There is all types of info out there, how could you miss it? If she was out there, she would know. IMO
'GOOGLE' her name is how I found WS. I had never heard of it before she was missing, and am very glad to find it. This is the first missing person case I have ever followed, mainly because it is close to where I live. I don't know anyone involved in this case.

IMO if she were pregnant there would be a much easier solution than disappearing for 8 weeks leaving everything behind.

Not if the "easier solution" I am assuming you mean (abortion) was not an easier solution for her.

Sadnpod.....All she would have to do is 'GOOGLE' her own name! There is all types of info out there, how could you miss it? If she was out there, she would know. IMO
'GOOGLE' her name is how I found WS. I had never heard of it before she was missing, and am very glad to find it. This is the first missing person case I have ever followed, mainly because it is close to where I live. I don't know anyone involved in this case.

Snowz.. thats my point exactly. ONLY if she googles her name and she is anywhere other than there.

If BB did stash her car JW's, then I am quite sure SB was shocked to find out about the rental. One would have to ask what was going on that she wouldn't want her car seen by SB or anyone else while she was on this trip. That leads to the "elephant" in the room.

Did SB know anyone in Southern Il? Someone that might say hey I saw your wifes car over at _______'s house. That would also go for any of the "friends" of BB's.

Also I realize attorneys make a decent of money but it seems BB spent an awful lot of money on JW. Setting up a home/apt/car is not cheap and unless SB knew that she was doing all this (which I have read on here that he didn't) where was the money she used coming from?

Things that make you go hmmm...

Disclaimer:
The above is just speculation on a hypothesis. MOO.

Not if the "easier solution" I am assuming you mean (abortion) was not an easier solution for her.
As a mother, I believe that it would be much more difficult to leave 3 children behind. I wouldn't be able to leave my children unless it was forced or I "cracked." It is possible that she went nuts & took off, but not very probable. JMO

Moderator note PLEASE READ:

Once again this thread has been derailed and taken up far too much of my time to review so here are a few rules.

Under NO circumstances is it permitted to bring any spillover fights, disagreements or complaints FROM FaceBook or other social networking sites or forums to Websleuths. Your concerns with other forums need to be addressed with the admin or moderators at those forums not at Websleuths.

This is a discussion forum where ALL opinion within TOS is acceptable. Theories will be presented, people will disagree. If you disagree with a theory reply respectfully with why you disagree. Do not complain about the direction the thread is moving or the theories being presented. If you believe a post is of concern do not quote and requote it, use the alert button and let the moderators take care of it.

There were far too many posts for me to spend time editing, so some have simply been removed. And too many for me to address individually to each member who had an edited or removed post. If one of yours was removed without a pm from me and the above information did not clarify why your post was edited or removed please send me a pm and we can discuss the post.

Members who are repeatedly violating TOS after receiving pms regarding problematic posts will be recommended for time outs.

Thank you
Cubby
(moderator)

But why hasn't JW said this..I am angry with her because she put me in this horrible spot. People would understand that, but she has not said that she has just said horrible things about her BFF which may or may not be true. IMO that makes her look like the bad person!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove