Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JW just posted on Facebook that Beth told her someone was meeting her across the street from the train station.

I just read it. I don't know what to think of all this. What a mess.

I just read it. I don't know what to think of all this. What a mess.

JW took part in the foot search in downtown Chicago, passing out flyers etc searching for Beth, now she has changed her story again.

And if they were such good friends wouldn't Beth have told her who she was meeting?

And if they were such good friends wouldn't Beth have told her who she was meeting?

Exactly.

And IF (big if) Beth did meet someone and didn't purposely tell JW who, that gives this hinky case a whole other twist. Why would BB want to meet someone so secretly that she wouldn't even want her BFF to know??

I hate to say this, but it is not far fetched that Beth would meet up with someone. I met Beth a few times, just through a mututal friend and never even had more than a 5 minute conversation with her. Didn't know where she lived, or her family situation, or what she did for a living. It was more like "how are you, nice to see you".

I do not know JW or any of the other people associated with Beth. All I know is, the mutual friend of ours did tell me a lot of personal information about Beth (since her disappearance), none of which was flattering. She absolutely positively had relations outside her marriage, and I witnessed it once at a gathering for a 40th birthday party. I'm not judging, because I don't know her and what she does is her business, but....JW's story could be true. There is a lot of mixed feelings amongst Beth's friends going on right now, because in comparing stories, they are all finding out about a ton of lies that Beth told.

I am neither believing nor not believing JW's story. Nobody knows at this point, but the possiblity of Beth taking off is absolutely not a stretch. What about the day at the grocery store, where Beth was seen with her big Vera Bradley bag? Everybody questioned why she would carry that big bag, rather than her purse. What if Beth had been taking a little money each week for a long time, and putting it away to make an escape? It could have been wads of cash in that bag, and that's why she wouldn't leave it behind at the RR house. You never know?

I believe all of the admin on Beth's FB page knows all this information and more, and choose not to release it on FB for fear of people losing interest in this case. She is a grown woman, and although people love to say "a mother would never miss her son's graduation or leave her 10 year old son", the truth is, there are woman all over the world who do so, and worse, even kill their own kids. We need to keep an open mind.

I was convinced at first that JW & RR were involved and there was foul play but ya know what, nobody knows the truth yet. Could Jenn's story all be a cover? Sure. I believe in keeping an open mind, and that people are presumed innocent until proven guilty. What I do hope is, that Beth is found, one way or another.

This is just my opinion, but again, nobody here knows for sure what really happened. Anything is possible.

Spymom
You are correct. Beth is still missing and it is so sad, most of all, for her 10 year old son.

It's frustrating because there are so many who want to help in anyway. Things don't add up and there is so much speculation. Everybody has an opinion.

I just hope that Beth is found soon. 7 weeks feels like years, when you think about Beth everyday and wonder. Then add to that all the other missing people in the world, it's horrible and something we all hope we never have to deal with. God please, give us some answers when it comes to Beth.

I hate to say this, but it is not far fetched that Beth would meet up with someone. I met Beth a few times, just through a mututal friend and never even had more than a 5 minute conversation with her. Didn't know where she lived, or her family situation, or what she did for a living. It was more like "how are you, nice to see you".

I do not know JW or any of the other people associated with Beth. All I know is, the mutual friend of ours did tell me a lot of personal information about Beth (since her disappearance), none of which was flattering. She absolutely positively had relations outside her marriage, and I witnessed it once at a gathering for a 40th birthday party. I'm not judging, because I don't know her and what she does is her business, but....JW's story could be true. There is a lot of mixed feelings amongst Beth's friends going on right now, because in comparing stories, they are all finding out about a ton of lies that Beth told.

I am neither believing nor not believing JW's story. Nobody knows at this point, but the possiblity of Beth taking off is absolutely not a stretch. What about the day at the grocery store, where Beth was seen with her big Vera Bradley bag? Everybody questioned why she would carry that big bag, rather than her purse. What if Beth had been taking a little money each week for a long time, and putting it away to make an escape? It could have been wads of cash in that bag, and that's why she wouldn't leave it behind at the RR house. You never know?

I believe all of the admin on Beth's FB page knows all this information and more, and choose not to release it on FB for fear of people losing interest in this case. She is a grown woman, and although people love to say "a mother would never miss her son's graduation or leave her 10 year old son", the truth is, there are woman all over the world who do so, and worse, even kill their own kids. We need to keep an open mind.

I was convinced at first that JW & RR were involved and there was foul play but ya know what, nobody knows the truth yet. Could Jenn's story all be a cover? Sure. I believe in keeping an open mind, and that people are presumed innocent until proven guilty. What I do hope is, that Beth is found, one way or another.

This is just my opinion, but again, nobody here knows for sure what really happened. Anything is possible.

Thanks for the information, but I'm sure someone will delete it. I hope not because you have some very good points to take into consideration. I believe at one time on FB, JW herself had said some of the things you are referring to and they deleted those. I never read them, they had already been taken off FB. This is all points and different ways to look at this case. It is a very odd and sad for everyone involved. I hope someday the truth comes out. Someone needs to find out the truth whatever it is. IMO

Thanks for the information, but I'm sure someone will delete it. I hope not because you have some very good points to take into consideration. I believe at one time on FB, JW herself had said some of the things you are referring to and they deleted those. I never read them, they had already been taken off FB. This is all points and different ways to look at this case. It is a very odd and sad for everyone involved. I hope someday the truth comes out. Someone needs to find out the truth whatever it is. IMO

I hope my comments are not deleted. You can trust every word I said. My friend happens to know the Bentley family for many many years. I know a lot of information that nobody is posting anywhere. I can't put most of it on here, because it would be considered rumor, but to me it's not rumor. I am getting my information from someone who speaks directly to BB's husband, amongst other people close to BB. I am doing my best to follow the rules on here. EVERYBODY wants to find Beth. For sure. That is the goal. But everyone can agree that the way this case has been handled is not the "norm". I believe everybody just wants the truth, and for Beth to be found.

The facebook conversations are interesting. The reactions to some on facebook to JW are interesting as well. Some do not seem as angry and confrontational as before.

I have never believed JW had anything to do with Beth's disappearance. There is just no proof and as I have stated before I too have covered for friends.

I think Beth knew JW was driving the car home. Alot of people do not care whether individuals have driver's license, suspended or revoked. You can see that everyday on cops or in your local crime report. Just think if Beth was not planning on returning home then why would she care?

According to investigators, Bentley left her house on Thursday, May 20 to spend the weekend with a girlfriend in southern Illinois. Her friend was expected to drive her back home on May 24, police said.

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2010/06/03/mom-missing-after-weekend-getaway/#more-81656

See either bad reporting or the police stated in the link above that JW was driving the rental.

I also do not know if JW is changing her story or her story was just reported wrong. The only people who would know if the story is changing is the LE and JW.

I just wish Beth would call the LE if she is able to and if her intent is not to return just tell them that.

My post will probably be censored however I get the feeling Beth had alot going on in her life. I do not think she was happy and if someone is not happy they can become involved in alot of risky behavior. I hope she is okay and that she found happiness because the other conclusion would be just tragic.

Alwaysthinking - Have you contacted Tricia, the owner of WS for verification? You must do this if you wish to post information you are hearing from direct contact either through social or business contacts who know Beth.

Here is the link to the post regarding the verification process including Tricia's email address to contact her to become verified.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - IL IL - Bennedetta "Beth" Bentley, 41, Woodstock/Centralia 23 May 2010 - Part 3

Otherwise, without verification, I am going to have no choice but to remove posts from people claiming to have first hand knowledge but are not verified. I don't want to have to do that, but we have rules in place at WS to keep people from claiming they know someone when they don't (unfortunately that has been a problem at WS in the past) and to maintain the integrity of information posted at Websleuths.

For those of you who need to be verified, Please do so!

Thank you.
Cubby

Cubby.. a friend of a friend needs to be verified? Ive had to be verified before and it was close friends or family. Have the rules changed? A friend of a friend, I thought could post but had to clarify that they were rumors only?

Thanks..

No Sadnpod, the rules have not changed. Was there something unclear about Tricia's explaination of who needs to be verified and who does not?

Thanks.

No Sadnpod, the rules have not changed. Was there something unclear about Tricia's explaination of who needs to be verified and who does not?

Thanks.

No.. it just seems to me that "always thinking" falls into those that do not. So I guess its not crystal clear to me. No worries, I was just wondering... I dont know anyone so not my concern really. I just would like very much to hear what always thinking has to say and I dont want them to leave. There is so little info available.

Thanks for all your hard work cub, i hope you know I wasnt being snarky, just trying to get it clear...

Alwaysthinking - Have you contacted Tricia, the owner of WS for verification? You must do this if you wish to post information you are hearing from direct contact either through social or business contacts who know Beth.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - IL IL - Bennedetta "Beth" Bentley, 41, Woodstock/Centralia 23 May 2010 - Part 3

Otherwise, without verification, I am going to have no choice but to remove posts from people claiming to have first hand knowledge but are not verified. I don't want to have to do that, but we have rules in place at WS to keep people from claiming they know someone when they don't (unfortunately that has been a problem at WS in the past) and to maintain the integrity of information posted at Websleuths.

For those of you who need to be verified, Please do so!

Thank you.
Cubby

Cubby
Verification request has been sent to Tricia. Just waiting for her to contact me. Thank you.

No.. it just seems to me that "always thinking" falls into those that do not. So I guess its not crystal clear to me. No worries, I was just wondering... I dont know anyone so not my concern really. I just would like very much to hear what always thinking has to say and I dont want them to leave. There is so little info available.

Thanks for all your hard work cub, i hope you know I wasnt being snarky, just trying to get it clear...

Can you specify what about Tricia's message is not so clear to you? why someone who met the missing person a handful of times and apparently is in the same close circle of friends as the missing person even though he or she didn't know Beth as well as some of his or her friends would be outside the requirement to be verified?

I just want to make sure whatever is unclear is made clear if necessary.

TIA

Gosh Cub.. maybe it was the 107 temp outside today that has my brain fried.. But no, that didnt help clear it up. But it doesnt matter. I appreciate you trying.. :)

although people love to say "a mother would never miss her son's graduation or leave her 10 year old son", the truth is, there are woman all over the world who do so, and worse, even kill their own kids.

I hear people everyday say things like this. Just today a young mother said to me, I just wish I could disappear and start a new life. She has 2 little boys. I myself have said that although I knew I would Never do that WITHOUT taking my kids.

I think there is probably still a lot of things unknown in this case at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member