Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WTG Cubby, you're way ahead of us, and we're pretty lucky to have such a SHARP moderator!!!

LE will not let this go public :banghead: but I will add I can understand why.

Not an attack on you Paschein, so please don't take it that way...

but it just strikes me as incredibly odd that, although LE is not releasing ANY info publicly...

just about everyone who knows anyone involved, even a little, seems to have some tidbit of confidential information they cannot share.

It just makes me wonder who's going around telling this information to all of these people... if LE has advised them not to?

Unless they are immediate family, or have been interviewed by LE... someone, somewhere along the way, has given out information that LE has instructed them not to, no?

I can't recall hearing the police ever tell someone "Keep that information confidential... well, except for your friends, and your friend's friends..."

I would think if it is confidential, it's probably for a reason, and giving that information out could actually hinder the investigation, if the wrong people found out about it.

No offense meant to anyone... just pointing out another strange aspect of this very odd case.

Well I haven't heard back from JW in a while. I wrote her when she asked for questions to be directed to her by private messages. Is anyone else still writing to her and receiving any replies?

Yes I said earlier here, I know MY cell bill comes monthly with a list/log of EVERY call in & out and every text message, in & out for ALL the 5 persons on my family plan. I have to think the bill came in at least once, maybe twice for Beths cell.

Bank statements and credit card statements came in as well, and charges from that weekend should show up on any bill or statement- wouldn't have to wait for LE to expose those now.

Hi Dreamer,
You are SO right!
IMO We have to be realistic & know that LE ARE working on the cell phone (s), credit/debit card facts & issues, etc & have been since day 1. It's just not for the public, FB or WS to know. As harsh as this reality may sound, the only folks entitled to this information or what they're doing is the immediate next of kin (spouse in this case) who filed the missing report or the immediate family (non minor children). It doesn't matter what JW, RR, AL, FB, ABC or XYZ say or don't say. This trail is being tracked big time. IMO The trail was created into B & W clues; by making even 1 call from 1 phone between the 20th-23rd, 1 car, 1 DC/CC purchase, etc.
IMO the FB posts today under What is neither true or untrue Discussion Tab from DW explain the cell phone issues pretty clearly (to me IMO). The LE & military have intelligence far beyond my possible understanding; until I read the "why" and "how" I remain at the speed bump. From what I have learned in criminal justice classes, crime lab evidence takes time to process, "records" take time to be received, analyzed & processed.

http://www.facebook.com/?sk=2361831622#topic_top

paraphrased for those not on FB
(please adjust Cubby for TOS compliance):

Info on fb regarding the phone in the discussion area. Link above. Too long and too detailed to paraphrase. <mod edit>

Not an attack on you Paschein, so please don't take it that way...

but it just strikes me as incredibly odd that, although LE is not releasing ANY info publicly...

just about everyone who knows anyone involved, even a little, seems to have some tidbit of confidential information they cannot share.

It just makes me wonder who's going around telling this information to all of these people... if LE has advised them not to?

Unless they are immediate family, or have been interviewed by LE... someone, somewhere along the way, has given out information that LE has instructed them not to, no?

I can't recall hearing the police ever tell someone "Keep that information confidential... well, except for your friends, and your friend's friends..."

I would think if it is confidential, it's probably for a reason, and giving that information out could actually hinder the investigation, if the wrong people found out about it.

No offense meant to anyone... just pointing out another strange aspect of this very odd case.

Great post r131313, but there is one thing ... The LE does not only provide info to immediate family. The LE will provide info to anybody SB tells them to, which may include someone outside the immediate family. So in all reality, Paschein may be authorized to receive info directly from the LE regarding the case, not saying that Paschein is authorized, I don't know who she is, but, it is possible that she has been authorized by SB to receive info.

So funny you should mention that. My friend asked JW about the boat ride on Saturday on Rend Lake. I believe there has been no discussion of WHO exactly was on that boat up until now. JW told my friend that it was Beth, JW, RR, NR and two other males.

2 gals/4 guys??????.......This is where IMOO the Match.com & AFF earlier theories of profiles advertising may just possibly be relevant; to revisit this top secret touchy area of speculation MOO - 1/2 a dozen RED FLAGS!!!

How can JW know every guy that Beth slept with and provide the LE with their names..................

While SB thinks BB is with JW in WI because she doesn't like to drive alone to see her sick grandmother (that BTW has the sick grandchild) ...... And this couple talked several times a day/said ILY 20+ times a day (these particular days??) ......MOO - Layers & Groups of Ludicrous RED FLAGS!!

I'd like to see her phone if she even made one call to Beth to see where she was, or did she just leave? Could be a very big clue to determine whether JW knows more than she's saying.

IMO The phones & locations will all come out in the wash after the investigation is complete and/or sooner if any updated press releases appear......MOO another dozen RED FLAGS

In my opinion, JW was a willing participant to cover and lie for Beth all the time, so it's logical to me that she would lie if she had something to hide. Her story makes no sense, Her story has changed.

You are Always Thinking Always Thinking!!!!!

I wonder if JW is on WS reading all this as a guest?

We would all welcome JW to join WS, as long as she would be properly verified.

All comments are my opinion & reaction

It would be nice to have had a picture of BB's Pandora bracelet. Some of the beads may have been highly desired, and even if she vanished by choice, people could keep an eye for the beads. Just my musings.

Great post r131313, but there is one thing ... The LE does not only provide info to immediate family. The LE will provide info to anybody SB tells them to, which may include someone outside the immediate family. So in all reality, Paschein may be authorized to receive info directly from the LE regarding the case, not saying that Paschein is authorized, I don't know who she is, but, it is possible that she has been authorized by SB to receive info.

I will add to this generally speaking. There are some LE and some cases and members here where LE will share info but ask it be held confidential. Sometimes a WS'r will develope that kind of rapport after working a few cases and some interaction with LE. Especially when LE determines the info a sleuth is providing them is credible and relative to the case. When that happens, we do post that we have info from LE but have been asked not to share it. It is not meant to say we have info we cant' share in a bad way, but in a way we are asking - if you find us trustworthy and credible to please take our word for it- understanding while we have info we will not break that confidence LE has entrusted us with.

I don't know that it is necessary to come back and post that without it being in relation to an attempt to answer a question from another poster, because it is not. The only time I have seen posts in the manner which we are discussing is in relation to an attempt to answer a question without breaking a confidence.

I hope that makes sense and provides some understanding on why a question may be answered that way. Keep in mind we have appx 4-5 'verified' posters here who may have first hand info that they can say they know but can't fully share. As long as that is not 'abused' and presented properly we will allow it and it is up to the reader to determine whether the poster has earned their trust or credibility.

hth

We would all welcome JW to join WS, as long as she would be properly verified.

All comments are my opinion & reaction

She would HAVE to be verified by Tricia in order to post about having the know on the case. It is pretty much a link - or be verified - or opinion or speculation, but nothing can be posted as fact without a link or having been verified.

IF JW does happen to join WS at some point, she will be treated with the same respect we expect of ALL WS posters and she would be expected to stay within TOS as well. We'll cross that road when and if it happens.

Cubby

Frosty Mug Is NOT a hole in the wall! Very clean place with great food and good people! Beth was there Friday night before she went missing with 3 other people. One of the guys was under age and the waitress would NOT serve him. Don't know who the young guy and NOt saying anything negitive about Beth this is just a fact!

Welcome to WS soillinois. Thank you for your interest in Beths case.
I think JW's boyfriends younger brother NR is under 21. It might have been him who was not served. Hopefully one of the verified members can let me know if I am correct assuming NR is not yet 21.

Thank you on the info on the Frosty Mug. If I may ask are you an employee there or a customer?

Again, thanks for the info and welcome to WS.

Cubby

The police have talked to the woman that served them dinner and they have video of the night.

Kinda sad but posters are down in a lot of places in Mt Vernon and people forget about Beth. I was willing to help <snip> Thanks for the welcome!

Frosty Mug Is NOT a hole in the wall! Very clean place with great food and good people! Beth was there Friday night before she went missing with 3 other people. One of the guys was under age and the waitress would NOT serve him. Don't know who the young guy and NOt saying anything negitive about Beth this is just a fact!

Welcome! First, if you go back and read what I wrote, I didn't say it was a hole in the wall. I said it is a step above that. I have been to holes in the wall in southern illinois! You will have to admit that if you were from the "city", you might just be disappointed because it isn't like many of the sports type bars out there. Must of the people that hang out there are regular town folks. Wasn't putting it down, just saying it wouldn't be a place IMO to take a "city gal" on a date.

Let me also add, I had the opportunity to talk with 4 different people this past weekend that have lived most of their lives (and still do) in the MV area and NOT 1 had heard about Beth Bentley. I even asked if they had seen the billboard or posters and none of them even knew what I was talking about. Talk about sad! :(

Kinda sad but posters are down in a lot of places in Mt Vernon and people forget about Beth. I was willing to help <snip> Thanks for the welcome!

You're welcome soilillinois.
ALL opinion and reasonable theories are welcome here in the discussion area for missing persons cases as long as they are within our TOS or terms of service.

I'm not sure how much of Beths threads you have had the opportunity to read but one of the rules is if something is going to be posted as fact, such as the information you posted about LE having interviewed the waitress who served Beth and having video survellience from that evening it must have a link from credible - mostly main stream media - or you must be verified by Tricia, the owner of Websleuths as someone who knows one of the players in the case. The players may include anyone who has been interviewed as a potential witness to this case, which would include the waitress from the Frosty Mug or the employees at the Rend Lake Marina.

Tricia's email address and more info about being verified is located within this post:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - IL IL - Bennedetta "Beth" Bentley, 41, Woodstock/Centralia 23 May 2010 - Part 4

Looking forward to your participation here in Beths thread and helping bring Beth home.

Cubby

With regards to LE not letting this go public and you understand why. Is that because of speculation or something you know but were told in confidence and can not share? I'm asking not to 'flaunt' you have info yu can't share but a simple yes LE knows or not kind of thing. IMO, a simple yes or no will speak volumes if members are putting the pieces of the puzzle together in their mind.

Where is the link that the drop off time has been changed to between 5 & 7? If it has been stated as late as 7 and that is confirmed versus 'rumor' that speaks a lot too, because it would be proof JW lied to LE about the train, no?

I'm going to bet it was BB that paid for the pontoon boat rental on Saturday. I'd be very very interested to know what CC or DC purchases Beth made on Sunday. I'm sure they did not use cash all weekend so LE must have a timeline of where they were and what they did that weekend. I sure as heck would be interested to know if there is any cc or dc activity on BB's cards after that 4:15 phone call to SB. NO WHERE has it been stated the last DC or CC activity for Beth was at 4:15. IIRC LE only said there was no phone or cc activity after BB was reported missing and that was not until late Monday evening IIRC. (IIRC is 'if I recall correctly' in case anyone is wondering.)

Thinking along the lines of what is not said and what has not been made public I'm going to lean heavily on the side of LE building a strong case and figuring out what happened - even if Beth has not yet been located and JW has been fully forthcoming and honest about the events of the weekend.

Think of it this way. SB is an attorney. He has some sort of working relationship with LE in the area as well as judges in the area by way of his business and the clients he represents. Attornies, LE and Judges all do a little give and take. They all do a little negotiating and compromising here and there. I can't for a minute think LE would not take that into consideration working Beths case. After all, they all need to maintain their business 'relationships'. There could be future cases LE is working on where SB is the clients attorney and they may wish to negotiate a deal on certain things..... The last thing they would want to do is let poor LE work on this case become a wrench in future dealings.... (within the law of course. I am not insinuating in any way things are being done outside the law. Just the usual we work together and any one in that network could be asking for favors or willing to negotiate X for Y or vice versa at some point.)

Hope that makes sense...... but I see LE doing extra hard work for someone within the judicial community.

JMHO

Oh my bad didn't mean to make it sound like flaunting.. was showing I was frustrated but I understand why they must keep some parts of the invesigation private. :angel:

here is the link for the timeline the last entry that AGM made about a month ago shows the new time giving 5-7 now AGM only post what LE tell her

http://www.facebook.com/board.php?uid=122739057758360#!/topic.php?uid=122739057758360&topic=169

The other point you make here is very good point and it is my opinion this might have something to do with why the time changed from 5-6 to 5-7 now.

... (while with) friend, I asked specifically about the boat ride, and if NR was on it. She said he was, along with Beth, RR, JW and two other guys. ...

Almost no information has surfaced about the so-called boat ride. LE is tight-lipped, so how come all the "friends" aren't collecting info from NR, RR, JW and the two other guys? Ask them some questions, like
1. how did you get to the lake?
2. what time did you leave?
3. what time did you get there?
4. in whose car did you go?
5. where did you sit in the car? who sat where in the car? who drove?
6. who rented the boat? what kind of boat?
7. how was it paid for?
8. what time did you leave the marina?
9. who sat where in the boat?
10. how long were you out on the water?
11. where did you go?
12. how was the weather?
etc., etc. etc.
Then compare their answers.

I'm beginning to wonder if they really went on a boat ride. Beth and JW don't look like sun bunnies to me.

Welcome to WS soillinois. Thank you for your interest in Beths case.
I think JW's boyfriends younger brother NR is under 21. It might have been him who was not served. Hopefully one of the verified members can let me know if I am correct assuming NR is not yet 21.

Thank you on the info on the Frosty Mug. If I may ask are you an employee there or a customer?

Again, thanks for the info and welcome to WS.

Cubby

Hi Cubby,
You are correct. NR is 20.
I posted that somewhere in one of these (lengthly) threads.

Hmm

Cubby in answer to your question on Frosty Mug, Yes NR is under 21 and he was the 4th person.

one of the locals of MtV area when it came up in a convo they were at the frosty Mug made the comment that they have cameras all around there at the frosty mug. It would be nice if the LE do have this video, if they would release a clip showing Beth as she looked that weekend I think maybe it could jog someone memory that might have seen her that weekend. This would give the media something new to run

BTW I also hear they are known for their peach shakes too :) not that this has anything to do with the case I just like peach shakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member