Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that is a great point. This is an area where there is some traffic, so when SD looks he needs to keep that in mind. The area is very hilly, and there are a lot of places people don't generally walk through, those are the areas to look.

I'm not a HE & I have been all around there & hiking up & down those hills. I was raised in the country/woods & know how to get myself around, I am 40 yrs old & my parents are hunters, they have taught me how to deal with the woods etc.

I'm not a HE & I have been all around there & hiking up & down those hills. I was raised in the country/woods & know how to get myself around, I am 40 yrs old & my parents are hunters, they have taught me how to deal with the woods etc.

I meant nothing by saying he, and you sound like a great person for the search. You know how there are those places down under ledges or sharp cracks or a lot of bramble, those are the places I am talking about (you know).

Also we are so close to the time that I would look for places where the bramble was moved around.

Have you had much rain down there?

Hello everyone. I have been lurking for some time now and finally have the nerve to make a post. I have been following this case from the beginning. What is bothering me right now is the time line. If the calls that were made from Beth's phone are correct, it just doesn't make sense.
4:15pm Call from Beth to SB from MTV
5:16pm Call from male to MTV pizza place
6:08pm departure time of Amtrak in Centralia
33 mins (google maps) time it takes to get from rehab house to train station.
That gives BB and JW 19 minutes to change plans (re:the pizza). Decide to take the Centralia train. Figure out the schedule for that train and get her things together. Can that be done? Sure, but that seems like a lot of rushing to me. IMO
Also if the police decided that a time line doesn't make sense or that the last person to see her alive is lying or if that person changes their story, wouldn't that give them some room to suspect foul play. Or even change it to a criminal case? I understand that they need some sort of proof that there is foul play but people changing there stories have to add up to something doesn't it? Not just in this case but generally speaking.

Welcome to WS HcMac.

Glad you joined us and thank you for your interest in Beth's case.

I don't have the answers to your questions, but I hope the oddities of the time line are enough to get a subpeona or search warrants where LE see's fit.

Hello everyone. I have been lurking for some time now and finally have the nerve to make a post. I have been following this case from the beginning. What is bothering me right now is the time line. If the calls that were made from Beth's phone are correct, it just doesn't make sense.
4:15pm Call from Beth to SB from MTV
5:16pm Call from male to MTV pizza place
6:08pm departure time of Amtrak in Centralia
33 mins (google maps) time it takes to get from rehab house to train station.
That gives BB and JW 19 minutes to change plans (re:the pizza). Decide to take the Centralia train. Figure out the schedule for that train and get her things together. Can that be done? Sure, but that seems like a lot of rushing to me. IMO
Also if the police decided that a time line doesn't make sense or that the last person to see her alive is lying or if that person changes their story, wouldn't that give them some room to suspect foul play. Or even change it to a criminal case? I understand that they need some sort of proof that there is foul play but people changing there stories have to add up to something doesn't it? Not just in this case but generally speaking.

If you charge it as a criminal case, you have 60 days to indict. And if the defendant demands, you have 160 days after that to prove it in court. If you come up short the defendant can walk. You don't have to have a body but, you want to make sure you have proof (not proof someone is lying), you want proof of the crime, without it your stuck. Situations like these can go on for years waiting for that proof.

If you charge it as a criminal case, you have 60 days to indict. And if the defendant demands, you have 160 days after that to prove it in court. If you come up short the defendant can walk. You don't have to have a body but, you want to make sure you have proof (not proof someone is lying), you want proof of the crime, without it your stuck. Situations like these can go on for years waiting for that proof.

Thank you for that information that make a lot of sense. It also has cleared some things up for me. It's sounds to me that in missing persons cases they (PD) will leave the case as missing while they build the case and get the proof they need. It sounds like it is a benifit to leave it as a missing persons case. Am I correct in that assumption? The status of this case has been so confusing for me. Especially with the admin on her FB site. They say it's not a criminal case but they also say the police don't believe she took off. That gets me to thinking.. "Well which one is it?" Either she left on her own or she didn't and if she didn't it would mean something criminal happened.

Cross Miller Rd and look in the creek for about 100 yds along the creek, away from the rehab house and toward Miller Lake.

why? just seems a little odd that u keep giving specific info - i realize u know sb and the family, but if u know something so specific why haven't the authorities been out there? MOO

why? just seems a little odd that u keep giving specific info - i realize u know sb and the family, but if u know something so specific why haven't the authorities been out there? MOO

I can't say this emphatically enough. She is not there. That theory is wrong. I don't have any special knowledge, I am just speculating. And I am trying to support those who have that theory. I try to put myself into that spot and guess what happened. That is what this site is all about.

I have posted my percentage guess about what happened, I still think we are missing information to make a really good guess. I was just trying to help pick specific areas.

I want to travel down to MTV and Centralia, because I have some places that i want to look, but if I find anything (with the information we have so far) it would be PFL "pure luck."

My source is a friend of BB, but not involved in the case.

She tells me that BB told her as long as 10 years back that her maternal grandfather (she doesn't know name) was a multi-millionaire, and that she (BB) expected to inherit a lot of money. She apparently spoke about it many times.

It seems possible that financial independence--actually great wealth--might affect BB's motivations.

If I can learn the grandfather's name, I can dig further. The county case involving BB's mother's will yields no useful information. The case number is 05WI000592.

I guess since the info is secondhand, I should label it rumor...

Big difference between calling it a criminal investigation and charging someone. LE can investigate as a criminal investigation as long as they need before charging anyone. LE has not yet named this case a criminal investigation.

JMO

I dunno, if I were inheriting several million dollars, I would not be disappearing. Even if BB didn't want to share with her hubby in a community property state like IL, I would bet SB knows BB's maiden name and would have known to check and see if the grandfather did in fact pass on money to BB. Plus there would be legal paperwork to sign where you would need photo ID, social security number, etc.

IMO one reason LE may not have yet named this a criminal investigation is because they don't want to tip off the perp(s). Does not mean they are not currently investigating Beths disappearance as a criminal case solely because they have not said so publically.

jmo

I dunno, if I were inheriting several million dollars, I would not be disappearing. Even if BB didn't want to share with her hubby in a community property state like IL, I would bet SB knows BB's maiden name and would have known to check and see if the grandfather did in fact pass on money to BB. Plus there would be legal paperwork to sign where you would need photo ID, social security number, etc.

...which may explain why he seems to be tolerating her apparent lifestyle.

We don't even know if the gf is dead yet.

... I dunno, if I were inheriting several million dollars, I would not be disappearing. Even if BB didn't want to share with her hubby in a community property state like IL, ...

Respectfully, nice thinking, t93, but I think there are only ten community property states in the U.S., and Illinois isn't one of them: Alaska, Arizona, California, Idaho, Louisiana, Nevada, New Mexico, Texas, Washington and Wisconsin.

I can't say this emphatically enough. She is not there. That theory is wrong. ...

Please ... where is the "there" that she is not. Do you mean the "theory" that you elaborately suggested is wrong? Or am I missing some piece of the pizza pie here?

I do agree with big pieces of your theory: that she is dead; that she died in the house; that her body was taken a short distance and abandoned. Maybe, instead, I should say that big pieces of your (wrong?) theory line up with my thinking.

OPINION ONLY ... Reading the FB posts, it was said by two different people from MV, that it's "known" when "northerners" drive to MV in a rental car, it's assumed they're carrying drugs. The reason for the rental car is, cars are confiscated if there's drugs involved in a stop, particularly when there happens to be a large amount (not just a personal stash).
It's also RUMORED that a few of the players liked their drugs and partying. This can get expensive ...
Not saying this is true, just rumor, but something to consider.

Please ... where is the "there" that she is not. Do you mean the "theory" that you elaborately suggested is wrong? Or am I missing some piece of the pizza pie here?

I do agree with big pieces of your theory: that she is dead; that she died in the house; that her body was taken a short distance and abandoned. Maybe, instead, I should say that big pieces of your (wrong?) theory line up with my thinking.

I took your theory and made a guess. I respect your theory, and I have a different one. While I root for my theory, yours could just as easily be correct.

That doesn't mean I diss your theory, if I can help, i will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Superman221