Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a good point and one that is pivotal to figuring out what to do next.

Should I take that response as a "no his whereabouts on Monday cannot be confirmed" I don't want to put words in your mouth. Obviously you know where he was on Sunday night and I'm sure LE would have asked him where he was on Monday as well. And if you know about Sunday at 8PM then I would assume that you would also know if he was cleared on Monday as well. If you see what I'm getting at.

That's a good point and one that is pivotal to figuring out what to do next.

Hi JAL, Since you seem to know or have knowledge about MM, I have a few thoughts that maybe you should think about...What could possibly motivate this man to hurt Beth, except for the possibility of his wife finding out that they had some type of relationship (physical or just emotional)... Could/would this person really kill or kidnap?

<What type of person is he? If he is married what is his wife like? Are they the type to blow up over a possible affair and cause Beth harm? > - Mod edit and paraphrase

Thank you for your input about the case.

IMO some of the theories are getting way far fetched in here.

We don't yet know MM, which I assume means mystery man and is not the initials of someone possibly involved in the case, is married. He could be a single guy for all we know.

I agree the theories are not only getting far fetched but greatly exaggerated. Let's keep them reasonable and not add to the tale growing on down the line here folks. WS does not allow rampant wild speculation/rumors when they can not be reasonably tied to the case.

As for Beth running away because she is pregnant? Unless someone can tie a reasonable reason why Beth would choose to run away from not only her husband but the three children she already bore versus the choice to terminate the pregnancy please do not further continue this rumor. Continuing to do so is a violation of TOS.

TY
Cubby

<What type of person is he? If he is married what is his wife like? Are they the type to blow up over a possible affair and cause Beth harm? > - Mod edit and paraphrase

Thank you for your input about the case.[/QUOTE]

Funny you should say... Please JAL shed some light..considering..

Hi everyone. I have been keeping track of Beth's case for awhile now, and think I have read all five threads. Thanks to all the locals for joining WS and really giving those of us who aren't from southern IL a feel for the area and the people involved. Without you, I believe this thread would have died down a long time ago.

We really do only have a few confirmed facts in this case: that JW and BB drove to MV in the rental car, that BB called SB at 4:15pm on Sunday, and that then JW returned on Monday without Beth. It was said at the very beginning that BB is a huge communicator - that she is constantly calling friends and family and sending texts. If her last communication via her phone was at 4:15pm Sunday, it seems logical to assume that whatever happened, happened not long after that time. Sad to say, but I really don't think Beth is alive any longer. No matter what kind of problems she was dealing with, I just can't see her leaving her sons, not for this long, anyway. No, something happened not long after she spoke to her husband on Sunday afternoon. I would be interested to know more about that conversation. Did she sounds normal? At all distressed? Annoyed? Frustrated?

I just can't seem to let JW off the hook yet. Aside from all the lies she has told, she seems to me like the "drama queen" type. I can see a situation in which she and BB got into an argument which turned physical and went too far. To me, this seems like the simplest explanation. Most murders are the result of impulsive actions, many are "accidents" which are covered up. If such an "accident" did occur, JW may not be feeling guilt because she may see it as being BB's fault, or she may see it as an accident, thus absolving herself of any responsibility.

I'm going to keep reading Beth's thread, although in all honesty I don't see this case as being solved anytime soon, at least not until her body is found or there is solid proof that she did not just take off. I have great respect for LE, but let's face it, they have their hands full with so many different cases and crimes that need to be solved. It's impossible for them to continue investigating a case like this if they've reached a dead end due to no one talking/telling the truth, no body, and no hard evidence of foul play.

I still wonder about the 2 guys on the boat?? I know BB talked to SB on Sunday but?????

I also still wonder if anyone was noticed getting OFF of the train??

IMO I don't think JW HAD to ask BB who she was meeting..In most cases a best friend would not give one the chance to ask..she would have told JW that "I'm meeting ??. I need you to take me to him. " IMO

There's still so many ways this could have played out, IMO

Just some of my current thoughts and questions, although there are so many:waitasec:

Mia I agree with a lot of what you stated.

I have been following this case since BB was reported missing because she is a close (geographically) neighbor of mine. Here are my two cents:

Unless BB is just a horrible person or mentally deranged, both of which seem very unlikely by the facts presented, there's little or no chance that she is missing unless she is being held against her will. She simply would not go without getting word to her loved ones in some form or fashion for almost 10 months. If she was being held against her will, I think they would of demanded or done something by now. That leaves us with an accidental death or murder. Who would want to harm BB? I truly don't think JW, RR, NR or anyone else she was with in MV fits that mold. The MM could, but he was fessing up anyway. The MM's wife could, but would she really leave her newborn to go hurt BB? This leaves a total stranger or someone that BB may have just met to hurt her out of the blue. Also, very unlikely, but I guess remotely possible. IMO she overdosed with or without her friends. I think it's been confirmed that she took drugs and if what JF said was true, she had all the reasons in the world to go on a bender before facing the music back home. BB would of been facing losing one of her best friends, her marriage and her lifestyle. All of this could of put her at the end of her rope so to speak and do something very stupid and irrational.

I hope nothing more that my theory is completely wrong, but as time goes on I'm believing it more and more.

What "MM" is everyone referring to??? We do NOT know for sure she was meeting any man, it is speculation. The only "MM" I knew of was the man JW spoke to on her way home & LE has spoken to him already. SO all this stuff about the "MM's" wife etc is getting wacky.

We know BB talked to SB on Sunday but we don't know where she was when she called him.

Did she tell him she was still at JW's gm's in WI? It doesn't really matter but it goes to show I'm sure she didn't say she was at the refurb house.

How was it determined that BB really called from the refurb? Cellphone pings? If it was cellphone pings I wonder how far out the tower picks up calls in a rural area.

I wonder if anybody knew where BB was really going? (meaning not to WI.) I wonder if the married man, from Woodstock, knew where she was really going? Knowing who knew besides JW could prove to be useful. At this point any friend, family member, or lover who knew about BB's (looking for non-offensive term) extra-curricular activities, that weekend or at all, could probably provide alot of insight.

BB reminds me of of my mother's friends she had in the southeastern part of the US. I spent my late teens and early 20s in the middle of the bible belt.

I saw friends of my mother who had their "church friends", their "PTA friends", and their "party friends", but they always had one good friend that knew all the dirt. BB and JW's situation isn't all that unusual. Sometimes it comes across now that BB's other friends are a bit jealous of JW's relationship with BB. (jmoo, don't want to upset any of you that post on here)

I think BB's oldest son knows alot about his mom and what was really going on in her life. She had him rather young and I would lay wager they are very close. His silence is the silence that actually means something to me more than SB's.

MOO!!!

Are all the children biologically BB's?

I am back to re-reading all the old news reports... One of them refers to the stepson's graduation. I was told on here back in thread 1 that all the kids are biologically BB's.

Scott Bentley, who is an attorney, said his wife works with him as a legal aide. He also said she never would have her stepson’s high school graduation ceremony, which was held last weekend.

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2010/06/03/mom-missing-after-weekend-getaway/#more-81656

Are all the children biologically BB's?

I am back to re-reading all the old news reports... One of them refers to the stepson's graduation. I was told on here back in thread 1 that all the kids are biologically BB's.

Scott Bentley, who is an attorney, said his wife works with him as a legal aide. He also said she never would have her stepson’s high school graduation ceremony, which was held last weekend.

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2010/06/03/mom-missing-after-weekend-getaway/#more-81656

In error. Her son, his stepson.

... She simply would not go without getting word to her loved ones in some form or fashion for almost 10 months. ...

Respectfully, Beth has been missing 2 months, not 10. She disappeared May 23, 2010.

Could your "10 months" be a Freudian slip? If she were pregnant, she might disappear for 10 months and just come back with a "Hi, everybody. How have you been?" Babies can be placed for adoption at birth or left on hospital doorsteps.

We know BB talked to SB on Sunday but we don't know where she was when she called him. ...

Respectfully, is it really "confirmed" that Beth talked to SB on Sunday? The electronic call between two devices can be established, but did any other family members speak with her during that call, or even during the week-end? No one has answered that question about Beth, who was early-on referred to as a "serial texter/caller."

What "MM" is everyone referring to??? We do NOT know for sure she was meeting any man, it is speculation. The only "MM" I knew of was the man JW spoke to on her way home & LE has spoken to him already. SO all this stuff about the "MM's" wife etc is getting wacky.

A few threads back this subject was brought up by someone confirmed.(jw revealing secrets to a group of beths friends on someones back porch) that alone wasn't enough for me to believe that. When Joe Friday posted his private email from jw it was pretty obvious who mm was. I had a good idea from before but this just confirmed it for me. I called my source close to this case and sure enough it was confirmed. I dontthink either mm or his wife would be capable of hurting bb. But people do stupid things all the time.

Sorry meant 10 weeks.

All three boys are biologically BB's. The older two from a previous marriage and the 10 yr. old with SB.

The MM is one referred to by JF and is one of BB's inner circle's GF's husband which she is reported to have had an affair with. This affair I believe happened for there has been a disconnect from the MM's wife and some other GF's in the that inner circle to BB's case it seems.

Sorry meant 10 weeks.

All three boys are biologically BB's. The older two from a previous marriage and the 10 yr. old with SB.

The MM is one referred to by JF and is one of BB's inner circle's GF's husband which she is reported to have had an affair with. This affair I believe happened for there has been a disconnect from the MM's wife and some other GF's in the that inner circle to BB's case it seems.

How do you know about that? And what are the circumstances?

I still wonder about the 2 guys on the boat?? I know BB talked to SB on Sunday but?????

I also still wonder if anyone was noticed getting OFF of the train??

IMO I don't think JW HAD to ask BB who she was meeting..In most cases a best friend would not give one the chance to ask..she would have told JW that "I'm meeting ??. I need you to take me to him. " IMO

There's still so many ways this could have played out, IMO

Just some of my current thoughts and questions, although there are so many:waitasec:

Limo... are you asking about someone getting OFF the train in Centralia?

If you go to: http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/ContentServer/AM_Route_C/1241245664293/1237405732511

Go down to the schedule section ( pdf format) you will see that the train that services Chicago ( north bound) leaves daily from Carbondale at 5:15, then stops in Du Quoin and then Centralia at 6:08. I don't think someone would get on and hop off less than an hour later.. would they? Unless you are thinking this person lives further south ( carbondale area?) but then why would BB let JW take off with the rental car if her hook-up was riding up on the train?

I'm with you in wanting to know who the other two people were on the boat Saturday. What role did they play in the weekend activities?

I think reading back a few threads that the two guys were JW's boyfriend and his under 21 year old brother. Anyone else able to verify this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Superman221