Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe, IMHO the mom was his DD. Why else would you show up at someones door at 4am risking getting pulled over with no plates.
JMO- I have no proof

She was not 4, according to news articles linked she was 8.

This is sad. I have never thought JW was lying and also the fact of SB still employing her told me he has reason to believe her. I thought the LE probably had the entire story from JW and she was told not to discuss her police interview with anyone. I think JW was just telling the "friends" tidbits to get them off her back. I had one friend that just like dating really violent men and it almost got her killed (her husband and kids would have been devastated).

I just wonder how many of the friends and associates knew about this guys history. I know I wouldn't have wanted him around my kids. Leopards do not change their spots.

I was looking through the court records and in with the kidnapping was assaulting police officer(s). If you will hit a cop, you will hit anyone. I also read the story about him slipping into a house at 4am to steal the child. Dangerous dude! Highly predatory.

I don't know how many knew, but one friend must have. It's her husband.
Edited to add: but then again, obviously we have seen with this case that not all husbands and wives tell each other everything...

friendly reminder.

The child and mother have nothing to do with Beths case. The child was already traumatized based on what she experienced when this occured. I don't want to rehash the case with the child because we are a victim friendly forum, and this child was a victim. Think about how she would feel if she read what we were discussing here. She may be ok reading about how this man may be involved in another case but it is not right to discuss her case and her medical conditions. Please keep that in mind when discussing this possible lead in Beths disappearance.

Thank you
Cubby

Please no links to anyones wedding. That is an invasion of all of those who attended the weddings privacy. It is a public website..... a pic of BB and SB is ok, as long as NO other people are shown in the photo......

TY

Cubby

I don't know how many knew, but one friend must have. It's her husband.
Edited to add: but then again, obviously we have seen with this case that not all husbands and wives tell each other everything...
Does anyone know if SS or his wife was at the fundraiser for Beth??

IMO it is possible he met her either at the Chicago or Woodstock train stations.

Not only an RSO but kidnapping charges. :furious:

Odd LE would say they could not place Beth on the train.
Especially if LE knows (if the following is true) that JW and BB lied about where they were going and said they were going to be in WI rather than Southern IL.

IMO it is reasonable to believe if they were lying to cover going to southern IL it is reasonable to believe Beth boarded a train 'laying low' to not attract attention to herself. I've never been on an amtrak so I know nothing about what they look like inside and how easy it would be to keep oneself semi hidden from view while on the train.

I'd like to know where this guy was from the time the train from Centralia arrived in Chicago early Monday am.

He's reportedly married. Could he have snuck out the house while his wife was sleeping to meet Beth? certainly.

I hope LE is watching this guy closely.

BBM

Who ever said LE tells the media everything they know? It very well could have been that LE knew Beth was on the train, that she did get off the train in Chicago or Woodstock, knew who she was communicating with prior to that getting on the train, and who she might of been meeting up with when she got off the train, but didn't want to tip off anyone (SS?) that they knew this information to see what else they could learn about this person through surveillance. But with no body we just haven't seen an arrest yet.

JAL has also posted that MM (now know as SS) has an alibi for Sunday night at 8PM having to do with his job, but when I asked about Monday we still have not heard if SS has an alibi that cleared him for this time also. JMO

Great post Joe.. Id like to know how SS's alibi is verified too.. was it LE?

I'm keeping in the back of my mind the possible connection between these :

Prior involvement in cocaine and heroin

Use of train for transportation, hence no confiscation of car in possible drug bust.

Putting those two things together, along with the subtle 'behaviors' of others close to the case, I'm putting my money on the attraction being about something other than sexual.

I have a hard time believing this would be the way these two would set up a romantic rendezvous, really.

If I am right, the question then becomes: how many close to BB and SS knew in advance and how MUCH did they know.

Ok folks, here is where you have to read court records VERY CAREFULLY.

SENTENCE(S) DATE TYPE AMOUNT UNIT STATUS 08/29/2002

DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS 10.00 YEAR(S) IN FORCE CHARGE TYPE CHARGE
DATE STATUTE DESCRIPTION CLASS DISPOSITION DISP DATE TICKET#

STATE-ACTUAL-ORIGINAL 05/30/2001 720-5/12-4(b)(6) AGG BATTERY/PEACE OFF/FIREMAN CLASS 3 FELONY NOLLE PROSSED 07/15/2002

STATE-ACTUAL-ORIGINAL 05/30/2001 720-5/12-4(b)(6) AGG BATTERY/PEACE OFF/FIREMAN CLASS 3 FELONYNOLLE PROSSED 07/15/2002

STATE-ACTUAL-ADDED CHARGE 05/30/2001 720-5/12-16(a)(6) AGG CRIM SEX AB/DURING FELONY CLASS 2 FELONY NOLLE PROSSED 07/15/2002

STATE-ACTUAL-ADDED CHARGE 05/30/2001 720-5/11-9.1(a)(2) EXPLOITATION/EXPOSE ORGANS CLASS A MISDEMEANOR NOLLE PROSSED 07/15/2002

STATE-ACTUAL-AMENDED CHARGE 05/30/2001 720-5/21-4(1)(a) CRIM DMG/GOVT PROP/>$500-10KCLASS 3 FELONYJUDGMENT - CONVICTION 08/29/2002

The exploitation/expose organs is listed as a Class A misdemeanor. What this sounds like is he decided to relieve himself in from of the arresting officer. Had this exposure had something to do with the child it would not have been a misdemeanor.

PLEASE CHECK YOUR FACTS AND SOURCES CAREFULLY before making presumptions.

Now, I did not look up the actual statute.... I'm sure someone can do that if they wish to read exactly what 720-5/11-9.1(a)(2) means.

Thank you
Cubby

I feel like I should answer whether or not SS or his wife were at the benefit, lol, but I don't know the answer. I think that I heard that she did, but honestly don't remember for sure. Hearsay.

I feel like I should answer whether or not SS or his wife were at the benefit, lol, but I don't know the answer. I think that I heard that she did, but honestly don't remember for sure. Hearsay.

Someone said earlier that she did, but I don't remember who--or when.

Ok folks, here is where you have to read court records VERY CAREFULLY.

SENTENCE(S)DATETYPEAMOUNTUNITSTATUS08/29/2002DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS10.00YEAR(S)IN FORCECHARGE TYPECHARGE DATESTATUTEDESCRIPTIONCLASSDISPOSITIONDISP DATETICKET #STATE-ACTUAL-ORIGINAL05/30/2001720-5/12-4(b)(6)AGG BATTERY/PEACE OFF/FIREMANCLASS 3 FELONYNOLLE PROSSED07/15/2002 STATE-ACTUAL-ORIGINAL05/30/2001720-5/12-4(b)(6)AGG BATTERY/PEACE OFF/FIREMANCLASS 3 FELONYNOLLE PROSSED07/15/2002 STATE-ACTUAL-ADDED CHARGE05/30/2001720-5/12-16(a)(6)AGG CRIM SEX AB/DURING FELONYCLASS 2 FELONYNOLLE PROSSED07/15/2002 STATE-ACTUAL-ADDED CHARGE05/30/2001720-5/11-9.1(a)(2)EXPLOITATION/EXPOSE ORGANSCLASS A MISDEMEANORNOLLE PROSSED07/15/2002 STATE-ACTUAL-AMENDED CHARGE05/30/2001720-5/21-4(1)(a)CRIM DMG/GOVT PROP/>$500-10KCLASS 3 FELONYJUDGMENT - CONVICTION08/29/2002

The exploitation/expose organs is listed as a Class A misdemeanor. What this sounds like is he decided to relieve himself in from of the arresting officer. Had this exposure had something to do with the child it would not have been a misdemeanor.

PLEASE CHECK YOUR FACTS AND SOURCES CAREFULLY before making presumptions.

Now, I did not look up the actual statute.... I'm sure someone can do that if they wish to read exactly what 720-5/11-9.1(a)(2) means.

Thank you
Cubby

http://www.isp.state.il.us/docs/6-260.pdf

1544 Sexual Exploitation of a Child 720-5/11-9.1

What the (a)(2) means I don't know.

But still the statute would have to do with a child not a police officer if I'm reading correctly

So then...... SS was charged with 720-5/11-9.1 (a)(2) but that charge was dropped as part of a plea deal where SS pled guilty to other charges.

He did not plead guilty to the 720-5/11-9.1 (a)(2) charge, he was not convicted of this charge, The charges were dropped as part of a plea according to previously linked articles.

Because these charges were dropped we can not say he did this..... he has NOT been convicted of doing so.

TY Joe.... the relieving himself was a pure guess... but I was wrong.
Thanks for finding the pdf file with the info.

I don't know what the (a)(2) means either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove