Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ETA: Where is this info that LE does NOT want a PI hired? I couldn'f find it..... or is this a misstatement which has been removed? I wish things would not be removed if they are mistatements. Leaving them, if possible, and then statement to make corrections if necessary would make it so much easier to follow this case. It is so hard to follow the info on this case.

Cubby... it was on the FB page earlier today under the discussion tab about the funds raised but has since been removed. Someone was questioning once again where the funds were going and said that KB had stated that a PI and billboards etc were to be paid out of the funds so basically what was going on ( paraphrasing). Now those particular posts have been deleted but someone is again scolding those that are questioning the whole process.

:floorlaugh: Now why did I think that was what happened in my earlier posts. I was wondering why there was scolding when the previous message was a week prior?

Very hard to follow the flow of the conversation there. So many messages removed it interupts the readability. Thank you for explaining.

Thanks for the link again. I wasn't thinking along those lines..... unsure what you mean and how the DUI would tie into this. Could you further explain how you are tying the DUI and Beth's disappearance?

TIA.

I remembered the court record containing the DUI and wondered if he had a license. IL DUIs often result in revocation. This one didn't.

So apparently he had a valid license at the time of the disappearance and could legally have driven to Southern Illinois.

It seemed worth checking.

I, too have become SO confused trying to follow along in the FB page due to removed posts. How can we follow along when we see something and then it is gone? I can NOT keep track and cannot hold a train of thought with all the confusion.
I am heartbroken. I want to help, I want to think of theories, I want Beth to come home. I hate the scared feeling I have when I am out & about wondering if someone here up north is dangerous? Wondering if people I see could possibly be BB...........or not.
I also am sad that I would have liked to have some kind of clue what my money might be used for that I donated..........I do not mean to be that way, but, money is a hardship for us, and I would like to know it was used for something I would have wanted to contribute to.
Thank you here for haveing a place where I can sort of kind of follow along.

You can publicly view BB's friends on facebook. SS's wife and BB are friends on facebook. Type in maiden last name on the caselookup link that people have provided before. Per googling, I found out that the wife's name on FB is her middle name. Case lookup tells me she was arrested twice for battery. This makes me think that since she has a history of violence, she might have already found out and gotten angry? SS has an alibi for sunday, but what about the wife?
I must not be looking in the correct place. When I look up SS wife on case lookup all I can find are multiple traffic/parking/uninsure violations. Where should I be looking. Please provide link.
Thank you
Rose

I was snooping around the FB pages and BB's personal FB page and looking for SS's wife..being nosey and noticed her profile picture taken last week. Shows the 3 of them and they look all happy. I find that really strange given she was told about her husband having an affair with her friend. If this were me and just found out this info I would be mad as heck..but thats just me..and I found it a little strange..thats all...MOO.

I was snooping around the FB pages and BB's personal FB page and looking for SS's wife..being nosey and noticed her profile picture taken last week. Shows the 3 of them and they look all happy. I find that really strange given she was told about her husband having an affair with her friend. If this were me and just found out this info I would be mad as heck..but thats just me..and I found it a little strange..thats all...MOO.

So did I! In addition to the cosy little family picture, I wondered about his daughter considering the charges that were originally filed against him. But I have to admit, I can't imagine SA allowing a plea on those charges - so maybe he was "set up" by the girl's momma.

If I were in his wife's shoes, I wouldn't be smiling - or standing anywhere near him...... I'd be on my way to a divorce attorney.

How do you know it was taken last week? I think you can tell when the profile pics are changed, but not when they are taken.

o/t... does anyone else hit the thank you button when they mean LOL?

Has anyone ever heard of a Bentley family search coordinator in the Mt. Vernon area? Like, that there even was one, much less a name and contact information? After a search team was invited, KB posted a dismissive comment that there already was a SEARCH COORDINATOR (her caps). I know that I've never heard of one. It's like the secrecy about the use of the Reward Fund at the bank and how the fundraiser money was spent. How much of it was spent on the trip to Las Vegas July 20-25? Why hasn't the Reward been increased in six weeks?

I wouldn't worry too much about things being hinky if someone from the circle made a trip to Vegas, as there was one lead that BB may have been hiding in Vegas.

Has anyone ever heard of a Bentley family search coordinator in the Mt. Vernon area? Like, that there even was one, much less a name and contact information? After a search team was invited, KB posted a dismissive comment that there already was a SEARCH COORDINATOR (her caps). I know that I've never heard of one. It's like the secrecy about the use of the Reward Fund at the bank and how the fundraiser money was spent. How much of it was spent on the trip to Las Vegas July 20-25? Why hasn't the Reward been increased in six weeks?

It's a beautiful Sunday morning here where I live.

Everyday, I tell myself NOT to come on WS because it just makes my head hurt.

Here are my opinions, not that they mean a damn thing...
Nothing regarding this case makes sense. From the inception of the FB page,
* there have been lies and deception
* initially trying to cover what they didn't want the general public to know about Beth, yet they chose to put up pictures of Beth that didn't show her in the best light
* not one update pubically made by LE since the initial statement was made when she first disappeared
* admin scolding people who had a different opinion than that of the admin
* asking people to help by donating, promising to disclose the terms of the trust, and then not following through. Basically gave us all the middle finger and said scr*w you. Yet they are still posting that the family is still accepting donations. I think they turned off way too many people at this point to have much hope of getting any more money, and they have no one to blame but themselves for that
* Deleting posts made my people, which makes it very hard to go back and read and actually make sense of what has been posted

Now the lastest, supposidly a post about the LE telling the Bentley family NOT to hire a PI, which of course has now been deleted on FB.

And yes, I too know about SB's trip to Vegas in search of Beth. IMO-really? One man is going to make his way through millions of people in Las Vegas and find Beth there?:banghead:

I DO think about Beth everyday and I DO feel terrible about what her family is going through. From day one, I have always believed that Beth did not take off on her own, and I still feel that way. I do not believe she ever got on a train. I believe there was foul play, and it was definately by someone she knew and it happened in Mt Vernon or Centralia. JMO. I just pray to God that one day we have answers.

There is my two cents for today. I hope you all have a great day.

AS ALWAYS.. another great post... I thought she may have left on her own in the beginning. Not so much anymore. Thanks for your input always.

Always Thinking, I'm with you!
Until LE gives any kind of statement, those following this case are frustrated indeed!
One can only hope that the lack of any kind of update or statement from LE means they are close to "solving" this case. IMHO, if they are not, they are doing a disservice to the dwindling numbers of people who were willing to help search, post fliers, and keep it all alive. Hang in there Always! There are people here who care about Beth, and hearing your thoughts and opinions.

... Now the lastest, supposidly a post about the LE telling the Bentley family NOT to hire a PI, which of course has now been deleted on FB. ...

Happen to recall who posted the comment that LE told the family not to hire a PI? Which LE? When? If that had been said (and I highly doubt it), then it would have been said to SB. Anyone copy it before it got deleted?

Frankly, if some of the sleuthers here put their heads together and then lined up some feet on the ground in Mt. Vernon, Beth would be found if she is there. With a chatroom, IMs, Texting, Email, a good map and someone (coordinator) to keep track of areas searched, if she's there, we'd find her.

The brain power here is every bit as good as a $100/hour P.I. There ARE leads. We can start with those; then expand.

Has anyone ever heard of a Bentley family search coordinator in the Mt. Vernon area? Like, that there even was one, much less a name and contact information? After a search team was invited, KB posted a dismissive comment that there already was a SEARCH COORDINATOR (her caps). I know that I've never heard of one. in six weeks?

I haven't. I'm surprised the offer of help was shot down in the manner it was to be quite honest. Especially without further information for those who are able to volunteer their time searching. Perhaps they have enough volunteers and don't need any more?

It's sad because this is a case with a lot of interest and a lot of people willing to help who are basically being told thanks but no thanks.... we got it under control.

Like my suggestion SB contact Project Jason for their family support program which includes having one of their team members go over what is being done with the case, how to help get media attention etc. etc. Nothing ever came to fruition with that.

I've learned from my years at WS and cases I've followed all we can do is bring the info to the table. It is up to LE or family to do with it or not.

The constant don't ask again, it's been discussed is what is going to inevitably drive the nails into the coffin for interest in this case. I follow and mod Anna Waters case, and she has been missing 37 years. Her mother posts here and STILL willingly and happily answers questions which have been answered countless times. I wish we were able to obtain more answers on Beths case but perhaps we won't.

I do check in to see if there is new info, hoping for some and will continue to do so. I guess we just need to wait and see if any info becomes available.

Still praying Beth is found.....

jmo and hth

Great idea Curious! I'm not in the Mt Vernon area or would be happy to help search. You're welcome to discuss those idea's here. We've had some cases with WS'rs who have volunteered dogs and to work with LE but usually with the help of LE. I found it odd, that someone on the FB page gave a reason that dogs wouldnt' work now because it is too hot? I've never heard of such a thing.

I think it would be best, at least imo, for those with media contacts in the Centralia and Mt. Vernon area to see if we can get some press releases letting the public know Beth is still missing and to keep an eye out on their private property for anything unsual. With the descriptions of what to look for.

hth

Happen to recall who posted the comment that LE told the family not to hire a PI? Which LE? When? If that had been said (and I highly doubt it), then it would have been said to SB. Anyone copy it before it got deleted?

Frankly, if some of the sleuthers here put their heads together and then lined up some feet on the ground in Mt. Vernon, Beth would be found if she is there. With a chatroom, IMs, Texting, Email, a good map and someone (coordinator) to keep track of areas searched, if she's there, we'd find her.

The brain power here is every bit as good as a $100/hour P.I. There ARE leads. We can start with those; then expand.

Great comment Curious..............They keep deleting the post THEY don't like, then no one can follow and is just totally lost. Every thought anyone has they shoot it down, except for donate, donate, donate! That is why everyone is gone from their page. They are sick of being denied and scolded by those managing the page. There were many, many great offers to help with the search in the beginning, now we have nothing to go with.

People here are more invovled and have some great suggestions. We don't get booted for every little comment!

Brain power is what we need. There are some on here that are really in the know. Use their advise and follow it where it leads.

Certain others are trying to make us think they know, but we can weed them out. They don't answer our questions which tells me they don't know!They may be sending us on a wild goose chase. We can read between the lines! Maybe they just come here to see what we know?

All of this is JMO

AS ALWAYS.. another great post... I thought she may have left on her own in the beginning. Not so much anymore. Thanks for your input always.

It's funny, the way different people interpret the same information. I thought for certain that BB had met with foul play, in the beginning, given the information we received at the time...

Now, on the other hand... I'm leaning the other way.

I have no idea, obviously, what happened...

but with all the twists and turns the story has taken, and all the odd secrecy surrounding BB, this case, and all the other players involved, it just seems more likely to me.

The addition of SS, and their affair, could give someone reason to run off... not wanting to face the consequences of it becoming public knowledge.

As for SB's trip to Vegas... again, I've never been in his shoes... but I can't see myself going through the time and expense of flying to Vegas to find my wife if I wasn't at least fairly certain she was still alive... especially given the apparent lack of searching on LE's part, in the place she went missing.

In my opinion, a man willing to drop everything and fly to Vegas to search for his wife wants answers, and is willing to go look for them. This doesn't really fit with the image we're given of him as passive and patient with LE.

One would imagine if he were willing to go to LV, he'd also be on LE about the search... unless those with the factual confirmed information have reason to believe she is still with us...

and, again, in my opinion, the actions on the FB page would gibe with that theory...

It would explain LE not wanting a PI, the reason LE isn't searching more dutifully, why the friends / family constantly dissuade ANY kind of search effort, Why people keep hearing LE believes she left willingly, why the award has not been increased, Why BB's family and friends are no longer attacking JW and RR, why JW still works for SB, and why those in the know are trying so hard to protect BB's public reputation.

Again, just my opinion...

but that's my read on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads