Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any documentation anywhere, or even conversations of what was said during BB's last conversation with SB? Please no links to what AGM said SB said. This bugs me most of all in this case, that a neighbor is the spokesperson for this family. How easy is it then to say.. well AGM was confused, I (SB) didnt say that at a later date?

SB's lack of PUBLIC involvement speaks volumes to me. He is a smart man. IMO an innocent person would be in the limelight. Especially an attorney in this situation. By the same token, a guilty person with his background would have enough sense to stay out of the limelight (we all know how interviews are evaluation for lies and deception) and speak through a third party. Just sayin.

ETA: Who accompanied SB to vegas? Initials are fine.

Has anyone seen an actual police report on BB's case? If so pls link it as I cant find one.

BBM and cut for space
I agree with your comments. I am also especially interested in the person who accompanied SB to Vegas. And like you, initials will suffice.

I am completely amazed at the lack of interest LE is showing towards SB. Since when do they not immediately eliminate family members?

I'll throw out a scenario - just a possibility - I have no proof, but it's something to consider. What if (as JW stated) JW dropped BB off in the Centralia train station parking lot so she could meet someone? (Insert any one of her daliances in here.) And what if the person she thought she was meeting is not the person who showed up - but instead, someone who had a motive..... or a monetary incentive ....to get rid of her. It is known, afterall, that she is cheating on her husband, partying frequently and on drugs - and that she went on a weekend trip with her friend and was no where near her Woodstock family and friends. No one from there is known to have been in Mt Vernon/Centralia and didn't even know where she was (remember - she is supposed to be in WI - and the story has changed many times as to whether or not SB knew where she was) - no one saw who met BB. So now it is automatically assumed that RR, NR or JW had to have had something to so with BB's going missing.

Additionally - why would a blackmailer kill BB? That makes no sense. However, what COULD make sense is if someone wanted BB gone, knew about the blackmailing, and made a deal with the blackmailer - get rid of BB and your crime will remain secret. Is this a possibility? Who knows?

JMO - and just something to think about...

I haven't caught up fully on this thread...but has it been determined for sure that Beth was cheating on her husband and if so, may I ask how? Not sure how something like that can be confirmed.

I haven't caught up fully on this thread...but has it been determined for sure that Beth was cheating on her husband and if so, may I ask how? Not sure how something like that can be confirmed.

Verified members who know both parties involved have confirmed at least one affair first hand (the one with SS).

You have found some evidence that refutes the train story. Great, please tell us. I am sure it's not the "pizza call" makes the story less likely, or that JW changed her story. I am sure it is something that absolutely closes it so we can move on to other theories. Please tell us.

I spoke with JW on June 10. She told me 1) Beth never intended to spend the entire week-end with her; 2) Beth didn't take a train and never intended to; 3) Beth and JW were going to meet back up near Woodstock, in order to return together to Woodstock so that Beth could be home before SB got home from work.

The first Woodstock PD press release, dated May 27, 2010, reads, "...Beth Bentley was reportedly last seen in Centralia, Illinois boarding a train bound for Chicago on Sunday, May 23, 2010. ..."

The second Woodstock PD press release, dated June 9, 2010, reads, " ... On 05-23-10 at approximately 1730 hours she (Beth) was dropped off at the Centralia Illinois train station to board a 1800 hours train bound for Chicago with a final destination of Woodstock Illinois. ..."

Obviously, the second statement is different from the first. I wonder what, exactly, JW told the Woodstock Police. So far as I have read, no one has revealed when JW was first interviewed by Woodstock Police or how many times.

Cub, in reply to several of your posts at once...

OMGosh.. my head is spinning!!!!

Where did all this blackmail stuff come from? Is it a rumor? Are you saying several verified members have shared this with you and now you are sharing what you feel is appropriate? I dont understand the post? I dont remember anyone saying JAL represented SS for that case, maybe another??

Im really am losing all my marbles.

You have alot more marbles than you thought, SadnPOd!!

I am thinking the age of the children at home is why SB is not a suspect. 10 and 17(18?)-if they say dad was with them all weekend, all of the time, it's not like the Susan Powell case where the kids are too young to be an alibi. You can pretty much believe the kids are telling the truth, especially since the oldest has been interviewed and wants mom home ASAP.

I am thinking the age of the children at home is why SB is not a suspect. 10 and 17(18?)-if they say dad was with them all weekend, all of the time, it's not like the Susan Powell case where the kids are too young to be an alibi. You can pretty much believe the kids are telling the truth, especially since the oldest has been interviewed and wants mom home ASAP.

THIS IS ONLY A THOUGHT and is not even a rumor.. but, there are many people SB's office has represented that are less than savory characters, if you kwim? IMO "alibis" are not air tight, and having someone commit a crime for someone is not impossible either.

ETA: LE has not released anything that says SB is cleared as a suspect. Unless there is a link I dont know about? No stone left unturned.

I spoke with JW on June 10. She told me 1) Beth never intended to spend the entire week-end with her; 2) Beth didn't take a train and never intended to; 3) Beth and JW were going to meet back up near Woodstock, in order to return together to Woodstock so that Beth could be home before SB got home from work.

The first Woodstock PD press release, dated May 27, 2010, reads, "...Beth Bentley was reportedly last seen in Centralia, Illinois boarding a train bound for Chicago on Sunday, May 23, 2010. ..."

The second Woodstock PD press release, dated June 9, 2010, reads, " ... On 05-23-10 at approximately 1730 hours she (Beth) was dropped off at the Centralia Illinois train station to board a 1800 hours train bound for Chicago with a final destination of Woodstock Illinois. ..."

Obviously, the second statement is different from the first. I wonder what, exactly, JW told the Woodstock Police. So far as I have read, no one has revealed when JW was first interviewed by Woodstock Police or how many times.

JW?? Would be nice to hear from her, and know if she is alright, has anyone seen or talked to her? Did she, in fact, move?

Sorry in advance for bringing the subject back to MV to those sensitive to that.
The link to SB t.v. interview is among these threads somewhere ...but he did state she never mentioned taking a train.
Not a single person saw her on a train. Not a single person states they saw her in Centralia at all. Keep in mind, the the time JW states the drop off occured. It was the dinner hour, graduation weekend, in front of a busy and popular eating establishment. No one seemed to notice a big busty blonde in a mini skirt, carrying a distinctive overnight bag.
JW also stated, in her own words, she never asked BB who she was meeting. This makes no sense. All this does is deflect responsibility to an unknown, unnamed mystery man, with no description.
Unless this man was local, he certainly drove a long way to have sex. If he's not local, why drive all the way to Centralia? And, why not drive to the rehab house? Was the plan to drive to Centralia, pick up BB, have a fling, and drive her back to Woodstock? Hmmm a lot of driving when she could have stayed anywhere in northern IL, considering her time over the weekend was "covered" by her friend JW.
Many questions, and the answers are locked up tight.
Aside from Caylee Anthony, this has got to be the most unusual missing persons case I have ever seen.

SB's lack of PUBLIC involvement speaks volumes to me. He is a smart man. IMO an innocent person would be in the limelight. Especially an attorney in this situation. By the same token, a guilty person with his background would have enough sense to stay out of the limelight (we all know how interviews are evaluation for lies and deception) and speak through a third party. Just sayin.

I TOTALLY disagree with these statements. Look at Drew Peterson, he was ALWAYS in the limelight, and look where he is at today !!

True, SB is a smart man, smart enough to let the LE do their job! He just wants his wife back safe and sound, that's all. I personally wouldn't know how I would react if given the same situation, 1st probably shock & denial.

I am just in hopes that all this comes to an end for the Bentley family soon, and a good ending at that ! I just have a really bad feeling about this whole situation. :(

I TOTALLY disagree with these statements. Look at Drew Peterson, he was ALWAYS in the limelight, and look where he is at today !!

True, SB is a smart man, smart enough to let the LE do their job! He just wants his wife back safe and sound, that's all. I personally wouldn't know how I would react if given the same situation, 1st probably shock & denial.

I am just in hopes that all this comes to an end for the Bentley family soon, and a good ending at that ! I just have a really bad feeling about this whole situation. :(

BBM.. The Drew Peterson case, which is a high profile case, especially in IL, would certainly show someone what NOT to do... IMO
Also, NO one KNOWS what SB wants. We are suppose to believe this "SMART" man had no clue of the deception in his life? NONE? Sorry, Im not buyin it. Smart and clueless? Hmmmmm. :waitasec:

BBM.. The Drew Peterson case, which is a high profile case, especially in IL, would certainly show someone what NOT to do... IMO
Also, NO one KNOWS what SB wants. We are suppose to believe this "SMART" man had no clue of the deception in his life? NONE? Sorry, Im not buyin it. Smart and clueless? Hmmmmm. :waitasec:

SB had told me that himself that he just wanted her home , and no, I don't believe that he knew anything about her doings, or maybe he just chose NOT to see it, IDK????

Some lawyers, particularly trial lawyers, develop mastery at skills such as deception and misdirection. That is how cases are won or lost in court, by either side.

Remember how so many fell for the "train story"? When we heard that Beth was dropped off at (or even near) the train station about 5:30PM, we jumped to the conclusion that she was there for the 6:08PM train to Chicago and a connection to Woodstock, arriving at 2:01AM. Wrong, but a lot of time was wasted checking out train stations.

Many are chasing the Las Vegas creation. Going to LV on Friday? No. Saturday? No. Sunday? Back home on Monday? What about all the airline ticket changes? Lots of ticket changes and change fees.
So few now talk about some serious searching in Mt. Vernon. There are numerous places to be searched near the rehab house.

As "who knew?" wrote, ... deflect ... Watch for it.

BBM, The train story was the original story told by JW. Then it changed to "well, I dropped her off by the train". Then it changed to "I never said anything about BB taking a train." So her story keeps changing....

If we take into consideration there is no proof that BB ever went to MV or Centralia, no proof she ever got on a train, 2 women in a rental car for a 4-5 day weekend. BB could be ANYWHERE. I WANT to believe JW, simply because that's ALL WE GOT. And all we got is not reliable. BB could have left Woodstock with JW and gone anywhere. That's why it's important to make this missing persons case known nationwide.

UMB, According to JW, BB made plans with B to go to Vegas for the weekend. The tickets were never purchased because BB said it was too expensive. Again, this is our only source (unless B comes forward). And hopefully LE has questioned B about the cancelled Vegas plans.

B&UBM, Respectfully, I'm not sure I get the warning about deflecting. It looks like there are 2 camps: 1.BB is Missing & Alive 2.BB was Murdered.
I appreciate ideas coming from both camps, I have a bias because I HOPE BB is coming back, so I tend to have thoughts & ideas that support this, but I know the later is a strong possibility.

Your theory of alibi does not explain a hired hit. I don't think SB would actually do his own killing if that is what he wanted done with Beth.

Being an attorney he can play out his defense in his head. Such as having the killer make a call to his home phone from her cell phone to establish that he was far away from her at that time. Further establishing his alibi he was safe and sound at home with the children and unable to have been involved in her disappearance.

It could have also been planned for the killer to make a call to the pizza place, and this is why the pizza was never picked up.

Then destroy the phone at a given time so it cannot be tracked as to where she was last located. I would be very interested in where the last location was when Beth's phone went dead. With E911 and FCC mandates tracking of cell phones is capable, even when not being used. I'm not sure how long this information would be stored or if LE was able to retrieve it in time.

We know Beth was alive on Saturday for sure from the text messages posted by QuickThinking. But after that I'm not sure if there has there been any confirmation that she was alive other then the call to SB, which we cannot verify that she was the one that in fact made the call. Only it was her phone that was used. Seems strange to me that a mother away from her 10 year old son would not ask to speak to him when she called saying when she would be home. But then again maybe it was not Beth on the phone.

I would imagine LE has Beth's phone records and can look at the many text messages sent that weekend to determine that she was indeed the person writing those messages and when they stopped and where she was at that time.

As far as SB having a motive a few come to mind. Cheating wife, money missing from work, is out with her friends partying leaving him home to watch the children. I don't buy the whole "I didn't know she was doing that" for a second.

If SB is involved in Beth's disappearance this might also explain the seemingly unusual approach that SB is taking to making his presents known in trying to find his wife. Lack of reward being offered, hiring a PI, media attention, ect.

Perhaps there was no blackmail and the $20k was used to pay the killer. Hmmm.

I'm not saying SB is guilty of anything, but I'm not ruling him out either. If he is not guilty then his actions are certainly making him not look that way.

JMO

I wonder if my cell phone provider can tell me were these texts originated from.

This is my last conversation with BB (texts)

May 20, 3:31PM-- BB: I can't find my camera----has anyone seen it?
May 22, 12:48PM- me: Did u ever find ur camera?
May 22, 12:49PM- BB: Yes (pet name for friend)'s got it :)
May 22, 1:06PM-- me: Pool open?
May 22, 1:44PM-- BB: Not yet....next weekend fer shore!!
May 22, 1:45PM-- me: Dude its hot as hell out there!jk
(no reply)

I have some questions I would very much like answered. By each verified member if possible. And anyone else who knows.

Is there any documentation anywhere, or even conversations of what was said during BB's last conversation with SB? Please no links to what AGM said SB said. This bugs me most of all in this case, that a neighbor is the spokesperson for this family. How easy is it then to say.. well AGM was confused, I (SB) didnt say that at a later date?

I thought that SB did not know that beth was in MTV until she was missing. Is this correct? SB DID NOT KNOW she went to MTV and not WI? Correct?

When did he find out she was in MTV.. I thought monday night? Who reported BB missing? SB as reported or her son?

ETA: Who accompanied SB to vegas? Initials are fine.

Has anyone seen an actual police report on BB's case? If so pls link it as I cant find one.

TIA TIA TIA

Concerning bb's fb page. It happens almost everytime someones fb is mentioned on ws in a case. It becomes private. Just making it private could be the reason pictures previously viewed cannot be now, it doesnt mean they were deleted. Unless you are a friend of beths on fb? If so then you would know what is deleted, unless you are blocked.
This is just my understanding of fb.

BBM, SB went to Vegas alone. SB did not tell anyone he was going on this trip (except his step-sons) the reason he went was to look for BB. The reason he went alone & did not tell anyone where he was going is he had reason to believe(no proof) BB was there and that BB was maintaining contact with someone(no proof) who also was in contact with him. So whoever the "contact" was could have alerted BB to SB's presence in Vegas and warn her he was coming. IMO it was a huge long-shot, as he had no specific place to look. IMO he went bc he needed to do something & had a fantasy that he could actually find her. At the very least he wanted to personally talk to LE in Vegas & emphasize the case to LE & make sure they had all the information.

QuickThinking, may I ask if LE interviewed you about the texts? You would think LE would have talked to anyone appearing on her cell before and during thet weekend.
tia

<<If we take into consideration there is no proof that BB ever went to MV or Centralia, no proof she ever got on a train, 2 women in a rental car for a 4-5 day weekend. BB could be ANYWHERE. I WANT to believe JW, simply because that's ALL WE GOT. And all we got is not reliable. BB could have left Woodstock with JW and gone anywhere. That's why it's important to make this missing persons case known nationwide.>>

I think this may be proof that Beth was in MV, The Frosty Mug caught Beth on camera that Friday night , that place has 6 cameras, so I believe she was there... plus the waitress asked to see NR's ID, it to was caught on camera I'm told.

I'm coming from a different view, I guess, when it comes to SB. Remember, it doesn't always help to look at things at more than face value-Jaycee Duggard comes to mind. There was way too much focus on the stepdad being guilty and clues were missed. Sometimes a spade really is a spade.

My hubby is a very smart man in his own little world. I guarantee you after 19 years with the man I could have 10 different affairs starting today and he would never be the wiser. I'm not stupid, I would know exactly how to avoid being caught.Our middle son, who is exactly like him, would never have a clue and our youngest is a baby. (no I am not cheating, it would be rather like beating a dog because DH is so sweet and trusting. Plus he's cute. ;)

I'm not saying SB did not hire a hitman, I am not saying he is not guilty. I am saying don't put all of your eggs into one basket because some people are truly not socially adept enough to recognize little signs normal people notice. It's not in their makeup.

Seems like the key is verifying both the blackmail and the money missing.

Do we have confirmation of SB going into the hospital after going to Vegas to look for BB?

SB did tell others he was going to Vegas. AM and I am sure a couple of others. He didn't want anyone to know that he went looking for BB/
SB did go to the police with AM also.
He has totally been eliminated as a suspect.
J has been interviewed one time. Unless something has changed in the last few days.
I haven't a clue if I am a verified user yet. But this information unless it has changed in two days is true and correct.

SB did tell others he was going to Vegas. AM and I am sure a couple of others. He didn't want anyone to know that he went looking for BB/
SB did go to the police with AM also.
He has totally been eliminated as a suspect.
J has been interviewed one time. Unless something has changed in the last few days.
I haven't a clue if I am a verified user yet. But this information unless it has changed in two days is true and correct.

I do not believe that anyone has been ruled out as a suspect as of yet .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Superman221